DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

For one, really liked your whole post.  I've had to stop myself from going all-out "I LOVE AEW!" at times but without meaning to denigrate anybody else it really is my go-to promotion. 

Our favorites aside from the top guys are Cutler and Sonny.  Cutler my wife loves for the D&D stuff though she's hoping he starts winning soon.  And we just adore the crap out of Sonny so much.  I never saw her root for somebody as much as she has for him and Nyla for that matter.  I do like the others you mentioned to varying degrees also.  But that's the cool thing as even if they're not that super beloved on here (example:  Luther) they're at least given a chance to shine in their roles.

I agree with all of this. I could name tons more people that we're fans of. I could name ones that we boo, but the important thing is we're booing them for the right reasons. You boo someone like say Sammy or Shawn Spears because they're good at doing their jobs as a heel. Not because they're constantly being pushed down your throats in a misguided way of getting you to cheer them (see: Roman, Sasha)

6 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Always great to see someone fan out on some wrestling, regardless of the promotion.

I can honestly say it's been a loooooong time since I've felt that way.

6 hours ago, (BP) said:

Going through all of the Dynamite episodes that are On Demand, basically starting at the beginning of the year, to get caught up. I didn’t know what to make of The Inner Circle from the occasional glimpses I’ve caught before, but watching them on weekly TV I can see why they’re the kind of talent with whom Jericho would want to surround himself. 

Co-sign on Butcher and Blade. Absolutely lost my mind when I found out yesterday that Butcher is the guitarist from Every Time I Die. 

Not breaking any new ground saying this, but the entire roster has vets I love or young talent with tremendous upsides. Watching Lucha Brothers being spectacular every week reminds me that I haven’t seen much of Pentagon or Fènix outside some random Lucha Underground matches I’ve caught on YouTube. Have to fix that. 

First time I saw B&B I was like....that dude right there (Butcher) is wrestling. Didn't know he was a musician till later. The whole look with the handlebar mustache, monocle, etc, that's it right there.
I love the fact that the roster has such a mixed bag of talent. Almost every wrestling style is represented. Everyone has a purpose and/or character arc going for them.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Tony is a massive Bat Mark. The Tony that showed up in TNA that one time dressed as Dante from Clerks is the real Tony.

Tony should have gone full Dante with a House of Pain t-shirt under his Hawaiian shirt and a pair of Doc Marten's.

• Like 1

Wait, what’s the other thing that people have been wanting from AEW that isn’t the video game? I can’t think of anything to be honest.

Edited by Casey

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Wait, what’s the other thing that people have been wanting from AEW that isn’t the video game? I can’t think of anything to be honest.

Probably the other title belt. The other thing might be New Japan, and The Elite making up. The former is the most likely, but the later is a possibility given the world is in shambles.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Video game and action figures were always talked about in the same sentence, no clue what he could be teasing. 

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Probably the other title belt. The other thing might be New Japan, and The Elite making up. The former is the most likely, but the later is a possibility given the world is in shambles.

I’m game for another belt, but now isn’t the time since they’re doing empty arena shows. 

Loan Wolf you son of a gun you beat me to it. I like the idea of the Television Championship being named after the station the television show airs on but shouldn't the finals be on TNT not PPV?

• Like 4

Listening to the two part JR interview with Valley and Meltzer on the WOR site. I don't think Dave asks a single question. He just babbles on for five minutes and stops then JR takes over. I have grown tired of Meltzer. ? I'm about halfway through part 2. It's a fine interview but nothing ultra revealing other than he had to convince Vince to bring in Jericho and the Radicalz because they were seen as too short by many. I know we know Vince has/had a height thing but to the point of not signing those guys, I wasn't aware of that.

Edited by Oyaji