DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Tolkien Matt Hardy.

Matt dressed as wise old wizard leading a team of hobbits (Marko, Jungle Boy & Janela) against the forces of the Dark Order.

Featuring Luchasaurus as Smaug The Golden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2020 at 6:03 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

Anybody catch Khan v Bischoff...

Tony...

Earic (as Gene Okerlund would say)...

Did anybody catch the show?  Did he go on to try and explain how WCW wasn't mismanaged?  Or is it simply a matter of 'you're not allowed an opinion cause you weren't there, man'.    Developmental competition argument is pretty silly considering, as we all know, NXT purposely moved to Wednesdays to try and muzzle them.

Petty little Bisch!

That's about all he had to say about Tony Khan on that show. 

• Like 1

Ok crazy prediction time Blood and & Guts, Inner Circle has the match in the bag it’s Jericho and Darby everyone else is incapacitated Jericho has in the Walls lights go out come back on Broken Matt is there does the laugh Twist of Fates Jericho Darby covers Jericho wins the match beyond. Jericho and Hardy have a deletion match 6 weeks out

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

Wait, they are allowing pinfalls in their War Games too?

Broken Down Matt Hardy doesn't need to be on my television screen, and he's definitely not at Jericho's level. 

In addition to not knowing the rules, I’m not sure whatever Matt Hardy is doing will lead back to him being Broken Matt. It seems like he’s going to ultimately become whatever the abomination. I don’t know why he’d introduce the concept without a payoff.

But I agree seeing a Jericho vs Matt Hardy match doesn’t move the needle for me either.

I just listened to Cody on the unleashed podcast and I enjoy Cody's obsession WWE. I know it bothers some people but it doesn't come across like he's doing it just because. I really love that he tries to preserve the legacy of WCW in alot of ways. I really hope he gets those trademarks. They seem to be doing great with paying tribute to legends and the overall better use of Legends.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dewar said:

Wait, they are allowing pinfalls in their War Games too?

Broken Down Matt Hardy doesn't need to be on my television screen, and he's definitely not at Jericho's level. 

With you on this one. They've got so much talent right now - no idea what Hardy brings to the table that they don't already have. Hope to be proven wrong but seems like something of a needless inclusion.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:44 PM, Oyaji said:

He sure did. I love it because it's the kind of shit a heel would actually do. I wonder if TK has said he'd back him in one of those scenarios. 

On 3/4/2020 at 11:04 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah. Technically both those things could be considered assaults. I'm not sure any fan will sue or try to press charges, but it is a possibility these days.

I'm also not sure I buy that MJF is legit tough enough to not go down if one of those fans does respond with a fist as Maxwell turns away from them.

Fan lawsuit for heels doing stuff like this?  I'm dreading the commentaries from Cornette and other traditionalists, pining for the old days when fans would just wait outside to stab you instead of lawyering up.

I must confess, a rousing chorus of who gives a shit about Matt Hardy’ does my heart good.

A bit of mid-card shtick with Chris Daniels is fine for what it will be. 

I guess we can pad time until Jeff is free for the match with the Bucks and then we can all move on to our jobs at the performance Center.

• Like 1

I know the possibilities of this would completely ruin the current storylines, but Orange Cassidy would be an amazing partner. Those two together would blow the roof off that building. But still, that’s super short term, and the wrong move to make. It’ll probably be Matt Jackson.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I know the possibilities of this would completely ruin the current storylines, but Orange Cassidy would be an amazing partner. Those two together would blow the roof off that building. But still, that’s super short term, and the wrong move to make. It’ll probably be Matt Jackson.

Matt was my first thought, but it makes no sense if Hangman picks him. Unless he plans to never tag him on and prove, again, that he can "whip both their asses"

• Like 1

Hangman will either “Sting” the Elite, or he will “Koloff” the Inner Circle. I’m actually hoping for the later. Maybe even have him be the one to beat Jericho to cement himself as the guy, and get revenge for All Out.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Cody did allude to this match in that promo in North Carolina but that was back in October and since then the Elite has moved on from the Inner Circle and the Inner Circle has been in feuds with Darby Dustin and Moxley. It feels like the Elite are shoehorned into that. I'm sure it's gonna be epic no doubt but how are they gonna tie up the loose ends with Mox and Darby and Dustin.

• Like 1