DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I just saw Janela Vs Marty Janetty, what a great match and Marty can still go after all these years and with a broken ankle. After the match Janela said he is going to start a GoFundMe to get Marty's ankle fixed. 

My question is did the GoFundMe get the money to get his ankle fixed.

The show I watched was 2 years a go so just curious if Marty got sorted.

Got the Mania 35 main event on in the background, and lost in all the stupidity over Ronda's shoulder being up: Good lord did the announcement of her victory suck.

"Becky Lynch is the winner take allllllllllllllll and is both Raw and SmackDown Women's Champion!"

No, you ding-dongs. Becky's name is the exciting part. You build to saying it last. It's not the first thing out of your mouth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Got the Mania 35 main event on in the background, and lost in all the stupidity over Ronda's shoulder being up: Good lord did the announcement of her victory suck.

"Becky Lynch is the winner take allllllllllllllll and is both Raw and SmackDown Women's Champion!"

No, you ding-dongs. Becky's name is the exciting part. You build to saying it last. It's not the first thing out of your mouth.

Fortunately you get to watch it yet again if you're watching Raw

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I cannot believe I'd never seen this footage before:

The first time I saw this, it became my favorite "wrestler uses an unlicensed track" entrance. 

This is dope as hell. 

No offense to the "Ric Flair comes out to 'Easy Lover' or 'Dance Champion'" enthusiasts out there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Ready or Not was Hall’s and the Outsiders go to WCW house show theme as well (pretty sure they also used The Beautiful People a lot). I remember being at the Shreveport show with the shoot Nasties brawl and that’s what they came out to. Awesome song for a theme and awesome video.

Hall used it in his New Japan run as well.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:54 PM, odessasteps said:

Ah. I had just listened to the BTS where they discussed it and that's how they described it. I dont know I've watched it personally in a while. 

Found this while looking for that tag match. 

Huh, so Rocco actually did have muscle definition under the baggy clothes. How toasted was Heenan here btw? And how hard were they leaning on the "YAY" and "BOO" signs for the audience? There's no way they could be THAT into the match; it seems like all the fans caught by hard cam never stopped waving. 

On 3/29/2020 at 9:14 PM, AxB said:

30 minute staredown? I bet Hogan wishes he'd thought of that.

You should see the Hideki Suzuki tag that I posted here awhile back. He spent like about ten minutes without locking up against I think Go. Maybe he did that and Go thought "hey we can beat this little run". 

EDIT: Re: Jannetty, wasn't he literally walking on his ankles? Which I don't know if you can do that or not but if it was that bad, Jesus...

Edited by Curt McGirt

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

IIRC, Hall worked two matches in ECW, one with Justin Credible and the other against Sal E. Graziano.

He did a tag team match with Jerry Lynn the night before, against Credible & Rhino. The singles matches were both in the same night, and weirdly, he jobbed to Sal.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

He did a tag team match with Jerry Lynn the night before, against Credible & Rhino. The singles matches were both in the same night, and weirdly, he jobbed to Sal.

Yeah, I remember Hall jobbed to Sal. 

I think I got Hall working a singles match with Credible mixed up with PCO, who I know worked a singles match against Credible.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Scott Hall definitely faced Justin Credible in a singles match as well, though. It's just that both of his only singles matches in ECW happened in the same night, and he arguably lost to the wrong person.

44 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Huh, so Rocco actually did have muscle definition under the baggy clothes.

That Cheetah Kid isn't Rocco - it's Abbuda Dein.

Not Balls Mahoney...the other Abbuda Dein. Portrayed the other Cheetah Kid. Oh...and he also wrestled under the name "Prince Iaukea."

Yeah.

This guy:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=7202&gimmick=Abbuda+Dein

https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Abbuda_Dein

Edited by MORELOCK
  • Like 1

If you’re going to do a Prince gimmick, Paisley is a great valet name. I just looked her up to see what happened to her, and it was Sharmell??? Never put that together. She had a match with Tammy during that period, which must give her TNA match with that Survivor contestant a run for its money.  

11 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

One of my all time favorite moments/pops, love it

I was at that show: Mid Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie in either October/November 2000.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Scott Hall definitely faced Justin Credible in a singles match as well, though. It's just that both of his only singles matches in ECW happened in the same night, and he arguably lost to the wrong person.

Was the main event of the Poughkeepsie show that I mentioned. IIRC they had Hall lay out someone (Think it may have been Jason and not Justin but my memory is hazy) with the Razor's Edge after the match to send everyone home happy.