DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

6 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

But isn't it generally held that WWE trains its wrestlers out of playing to the crowd in favour of playing to the tv cameras? Why would it be the exact opposite here if that's the case?

I mean hasn't the joke for years been, "It's great that you've been world renowned as a wrestler for 15 or 20 years elsewhere, but you never ever learned how to find the hard camera so we're gonna teach you here in NXT how to do that." 

If anything, the girls exposing the business via some foreign TV feed and Paul commenting on the camera thing shows even in the worst of times, they won't fucking let that go. HILARIOUS.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

11 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I know none of the specifics but I do remember him writing about it in his first book, and saying that he felt gross when he shook hands with Gonzalez. 

Ah, I remember that now. I remembered the line about "I felt good not to go to his country" when he had to bail on a tour and thought that was PR. Maybe it was but he still worked there.

17 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Rewatched the two Umaga v. John Cena matches from 2007.  Jesus Christ, Umaga was amazing.  King-sized beatdown, with endings that felt shocking but earned.  Loved the remorse on John's face after literally choking out Umaga.  

what they should try to aim for in cena/wyatt. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

This is going to be one fucking strange WrestleMania (assuming it doesn't end up cancelled in the next few weeks.)

I'm still creeped out by the Kamala bit at the end of the Coliseum video version of Mania 9. Now that shit was strange.

I like how they had to explain why they couldn't air the advertised Kamala vs. Bam Bam Bigelow match, but make it bizarre as humanly possible.

23 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

It's not even the weirdest thing I've seen from that promotion.

I was gonna tag you, wondered what you thought because if anybody had seen that shit before it had to be you. So, what's weirder? 

PS, Raw is airing the 2020 Royal Rumble right now in case anybody wants to watch it. 

EDIT: God I just tried to watch that thing again and I had to turn it off. It creeps me the fuck out. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

34 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

This is going to be one fucking strange WrestleMania (assuming it doesn't end up cancelled in the next few weeks.)

The fact they would have to give back a $15 million gate should be all you need to know to understand that this is a gigantic game of chicken with the local authorities (presumably over insurance).

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was gonna tag you, wondered what you thought because if anybody had seen that shit before it had to be you. So, what's weirder? 

PS, Raw is airing the 2020 Royal Rumble right now in case anybody wants to watch it. 

EDIT: God I just tried to watch that thing again and I had to turn it off. It creeps me the fuck out. 

I saw a match where a scientist controls a robot alien and he malfunctions mid match, so he starts shooting smoke out all over his body while the scientist pounds on a giant remote control.

This match has Dracula, who is played to the ring by a live band playing the Dark Shadows theme, wrestling Tarzan.

And Dracula wrestles like Dracula should wrestle.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1