DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It's maybe not WM scale but I'm unfortunately going to have to sit out of the Newark Dynamite. I'm so bummed out but I can't justify the risk whatsoever. I was debating it anyway because it's a long drive but this settles it for sure

Sorry man that sucks. I bet they try to tape at an empty venue and then when this finally clears up they will resume their tour and will have a loaded show there. 

31 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It's maybe not WM scale but I'm unfortunately going to have to sit out of the Newark Dynamite. I'm so bummed out but I can't justify the risk whatsoever. I was debating it anyway because it's a long drive but this settles it for sure

If it's happening, I'm going. I'll deal with consequences later. I've risked my life every time I've been way too drunk or way too high, so fuck it. I should be concerned about my well being, but I'm just not.

• Like 2

I think the big problem for getting Mania cleared is how many people on the card are from parts unknown.  If you can clear everyone, you can probably run it SOMEWHERE even if Tampa shuts it down but those masked and savage wrestlers might be a hard stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, worldcupfever said:

I think the big problem for getting Mania cleared is how many people on the card are from parts unknown.  If you can clear everyone, you can probably run it SOMEWHERE even if Tampa shuts it down but those masked and savage wrestlers might be a hard stop.

You can tell who's from Parts Unknown by the masks and the face paint.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If it's happening, I'm going. I'll deal with consequences later. I've risked my life every time I've been way too drunk or way too high, so fuck it. I should be concerned about my well being, but I'm just not.

There is literally zero chance that the show will take place.

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At bare minimum, I hope you reconsider if you’re symptomatic or at least keep yourself abreast of how the situation is developing. Your well-being shouldn’t be your key concern.

Regardless, I assume sabremike is correct. Things are going to move fast now. 

12 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well I guess now people can stop being flippant and cavalier about it.

I’m gonna be saying flip things for a while just to keep myself sane. But in general, I agree with what you’re saying it. People here have been dismissing my concerns for a while because we’ve had the good fortune of things not getting weird here yet. I’m getting less pushback tonight. 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If you want to create a Coronavirus conspiracy theory, don't aim so low. Aim high, like this: It's not a virus. It's germ warfare. It was invented by the CIA/KGB and unleashed by Putin and John Boulton in China as a way of destabilising the economy and compromising the power of President Xi (or possibly the real target is North Korea). The reason why there's already a test is because there's already a cure, developed alongside the virus itself and sitting on a shelf and ready to go when the algorithm says civilian deaths have reached optimum level. I made all of that up and none of it is true. But post it on Facebook and people will be all "I knew it!"

The scary thing is, I heard a very similar story from my boss today. I'm pretty sure he watches Info Wars now.

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’m gonna be saying flip things for a while just to keep myself sane. But in general, I agree with what you’re saying it. People here have been dismissing my concerns for a while because we’ve had the good fortune of things not getting weird here yet. I’m getting less pushback tonight. 

Well he have to say flip things, else we'll break.  I'm more annoyed with people (here and elsewhere) blowing this off as if it was going to be nothing.  The tea leaves have been there that it was going to get nuts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, worldcupfever said:

On a positive note, have you seen the prices for flights to Parts Unknown?? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Raziel said:

Well he have to say flip things, else we'll break.  I'm more annoyed with people (here and elsewhere) blowing this off as if it was going to be nothing.  The tea leaves have been there that it was going to get nuts.

The amount of “we’ll nobody freaks out like this about the flu” I’ve had to grit my teeth through is infuriating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Percy Pringle's debut in Florida is wild, man. 

This is tremendous. PP3 comes in at 24:45 - tune in for the PYTs, be blown away by Percy's promo, check out the erotic Rude workout and wind it all up with Quiet Riot & thee Missing Link! Wow.

- RAF

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

This is tremendous. PP3 comes in at 24:45 - tune in for the PYTs, be blown away by Percy's promo, check out the erotic Rude workout and wind it all up with Quiet Riot & thee Missing Link! Wow.

- RAF

This was amazing.

That "breakdancing" was oddly Vince McMahon-ish.

But ay, it's fuck Michael Hayes on sight. 

Seeing Rick lifting I said the same thing I did when I saw him do the swivel before the Hase/Liger match posted on Segunda the other day. 

You know what it is haha

Notice: he didn't do any leg work in that clip...

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

So apparently it all of Europe except the United Kingdom.  So I guess if someone from Europe like I don't know WALTER wanted to go to WM maybe they would have to go to the UK first to get away with it?

Unlikely, because I understand it applies if you've been in Schengen Area in last two weeks. I doubt Vince is going to go try get an exception for Walter.

I'm wondering if I went back to London via bus whether they'd be a record of that available to US authorities if I was then to fly to the US. I'm not about to try, but from what I can gather probably not. A flight would be dicier I think. But as a Brit, yeah I might be able to pull that one off. Could Walter be like 'I've been in the UK for the last two weeks'....I don't think he'll be risking it.

(I could fly to Canada maybe lol)

Edited by ComingToAmerica

RE: Smackdown

The WWE announced that they haven't cancelled Friday's show, however they have contingency plans in places if the government/local officials/etc... force them to.