DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Are you only just discovering Sawa as himself?

Not really, I was kinda making a joke there. But:

I am just discovering Chihiro Oikawa.

And there is a lot of BattleArts and a TON of ARSION I still haven't seen, so even Alexander Otsuka and Mariko Yoshida are partially-undiscovered treasure troves for me. 

I love that about being a pro wrestling fan right now: There is always more to discover, and always new-to-me stuff turning up. I mean, all those Lucha matches that @DEANis posting here and in the Freaks thread... about half of the wrestlers in those are guys I don't think I've ever seen before, and I can't even find the time to watch all of those videos.

Pro Wrestling is a never-ending fountain of awesome.   

Edited by gordi
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

She didn't last too long. I think she is the only female wrestler Japanese BattlArts ever produced though Ishikawa did give extra training to Kana/Asuka.

I'm not surprised she didn't last long working that style. It's stunning, to me, that so many BattleArts guys are still going. 

I'm impressed by what I've seen of Oikawa so far. I'd like to see her fight Kana. Apparently it happened a few times in singles and in tags and also they have tagged together.

This photo from ten years ago just turned up on my facebook again:

24562_413414070357_77219_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1

Even though it was a decade ago I can clearly remember him saying "See you next time" to me, in English, after the show.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gordi said:

I'm impressed by what I've seen of Oikawa so far. I'd like to see her fight Kana. Apparently it happened a few times in singles and in tags and also they have tagged together.

I was never super impressed with them as they were a bit too sloppy for my tastes, but others enjoyed them. Oikawa bleed decently in at least one of their encounters.

• Like 1

Promo Azteca~!

EDIT: Shit, it's all hard cam. I guess this will be like watching a handheld then.

EDIT II: Whoa, it's not ALL hard cam. And the part without hard cam is wiiiiiiiild.

EDIT II: Ha, turns out it is hard cam, just turned all the way around to where the action is happening behind and immediately in front of it. Helluva pair of spots though. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1