DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

On 7/25/2020 at 4:54 PM, DEAN said:

This is awesome.

Got around to watching this just now and yeah pretty great. I kinda let the Act Yasukawa bullshit colour my opinion of Yoshiko too much until last year sometime when I watched some non Stardom joshi. She's one of the best from that scene undoubtedly. 

Iroha is really good too of course. Her selling is okay, not the best, but she was good fighting from underneath here. Her kicks and suplexes are always on point. 

I know this was from Marvelous' anniversary show, so they loaded it up with talent from other promotions, but that is a really impressive crowd they had there. And shockingly not 99% dirtbags by the look of it. Always a positive.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jiji said:

Got around to watching this just now and yeah pretty great. I kinda let the Act Yasukawa bullshit colour my opinion of Yoshiko too much until last year sometime when I watched some non Stardom joshi. She's one of the best from that scene undoubtedly. 

Yoshiko will always be a pos for what she did to Act, but she has always been pretty damn good-great. Even back in Stardom she was easily one of the best members of the roster and probably my favorite a the time. Her and Yuzuki Aikawa's Korakuen match from 2011 was so much better than it had any right to be considering their experience. It worth checking out if you never saw it. Yoshiko was basically a super rookie talent wise.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just watched her and generic one piece swimsuit-clad Kagetsu work Meiko & Nanae from 2013 in Stardom and she was pretty damn close to the awesome bully worker she is today. She had a lot of presence, particularly for how early in her career she was, bossing her team. Clearly both Meiko and Nanae thought highly of her at the time because they gave her a lot of shine both offensively and defensively. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

It's teenage Jaguar Yokoto versus the Pat Benatar of Women's wrestling, Mimi Hagiwara in 1979!

================================

Monster Ripper beats the life out of the Pat Benatar of Women's wrestling, Mimi Hagiwara.  Poor Mimi...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jiji said:

Yeah, I just watched her and generic one piece swimsuit-clad Kagetsu work Meiko & Nanae from 2013 in Stardom and she was pretty damn close to the awesome bully worker she is today. She had a lot of presence, particularly for how early in her career she was, bossing her team. Clearly both Meiko and Nanae thought highly of her at the time because they gave her a lot of shine both offensively and defensively. 

You should check out Yoshiko & Kagetsu's tag against Meiko & Aja at the end of 2012 in Sendai. 

• Like 1

Mimi Hagiwara, the Pat Benatar of Women's wrestling, is very tiny.  Here, she is once again being beaten on by a big, mean lady, Judy Martin.  

Awesome!  Teddy Boy is a Teddy boy.

EDIT:  I had not seen the two bumps out of the ring until Bret Hart/Hakushi.

In this match, the Pat Benatar of Women's wrestling, Mimi Haagiwara, gets beaten up by the slightly taller Nancy Kumi.

Curt McGirk posted the rematch to this match in the bloodsucking freaks thread- which is fine because Chigusa bleeds a bucket and wins and Dump gets a haircut.  Chigusa bleeding is the high point of that match because you figured she wouldn't lose two of these matches.  THIS one is all about the unmatchable heat.  The total hopelessness and devastation of Chigusa not answering the count and then being at the hands of Dump is just AWESOME.  You can't match it.  The school girls crying as she loses her hair,  Lionness Aska and Devil Masami going crazy is sheer helplessness.  This is the MOST HARDCORE angle and it was used on Japanese school girls.  Monumentally awesome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll have to rewatch it again, but I think that was the one I wanted to post in the first place? I hadn't seen either of them in so long I took what I could get.

EDIT: Yep, Dean nailed it. The one above is sooooooooo hardcore. 

Here's the other for comparison

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

w/r/t the undeniable Takumi Iroha:

In September '19 I was invited to a Diana show in Osaka (co-promoted with Marvelous, so Kyoko and Jaguar live and in person working with Chigusa's students - so hell yes I accepted that invitation).

Here's what I wrote in the Life in Japan thread at the time: 

The Main Event was Kyoko Inoue and Takumi Iroha vs Kaoru Ito and Sareee. Kyoko vs Ito was like a local joshi version of Vader vs Hansen or something, just a nasty, stiff, hoss fight. Kyoko vs Sareee or Ito vs Takumi Iroha were both really good David vs Goliath match-ups, and the two young girls worked really fast with a lot of counters and dodges when they were in there together. Ito's double foot stomps on Kyoko were sick. Sareee looks like someone who could be a star with more exposure, she is obviously talented and charismatic. Takumi Iroha was my favourite, though, she looked to be having the time of her life in there and she has a very kicky style. Just an excellent back and forth all-action match. 

What I wanted to report is that in addition to being awesome, she totally gives of a vibe of having so much fun in there. I mean, even when Ito was beating her head in she was just obviously loving it. I've been meaning to seek out more of here work and I am genuinely pleased that there is now a curated selection of her matches here and on the clubbering thread. Based on seeing her live just the once, she deserves all  of the love. 

• Like 3

It's the second match I've seen of Itsuki Yamazaki and it's beating up the Pat Benatar of Women's Wrestling, Mimi Hagiwara.  Poor Mimi...

32 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Man, Japanese women in 1980 loved a perm.

Perms were worldwide in 1980. My older brother had one!

• Like 1