DVDVR Message Board

Raw is El Hijo De Nick Patrick! - 2/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Garza/Humberto was good. As was Black/Rowan II.

Enjoyed the contract signing. I liked how Shayna just let everything go to hell and enjoyed the chaos while Logan tried to keep her friends from murdering each other.

Dawkins/Murphy leading into Rollins/Ford was nice. 

The heel ref deal in the main was a surprise. Not sure how I feel about it other than it saddens me that Seth has been written as a better cult leader than Bray Wyatt was.

• Like 1

I flipped back in time to see Three Man Band on the TV and Drew saying he had given up. That is so WWE, take a guy you actively like and shit on him then fire him, he comes back and you decide to push him and all the sudden he was the one who stuck himself in a gimmick with career jobber Heath Slater and Jinder fucking Mahal. 

You gotta love Asuka coming in to sign a piece of paper, jabbering in Japanese, then stealing the show with two words in English. At this point all she has to do is show up.

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I flipped back in time to see Three Man Band on the TV and Drew saying he had given up. That is so WWE, take a guy you actively like and shit on him then fire him, he comes back and you decide to push him and all the sudden he was the one who stuck himself in a gimmick with career jobber Heath Slater and Jinder fucking Mahal. 

It's the same thing from Broken Skull Sessions last night with Big Show blaming himself for being jobbed 8 days after his debut and shit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's the same thing from Broken Skull Sessions last night with Big Show blaming himself for being jobbed 8 days after his debut and shit.

Campingaz_206_Fuel_powered_camping_lante

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still think the best part of the Liv Morgan table dive is that it seems like someone slid into position behind Ruby Riott.  If he would have been about a second too late he would have been flattened by Ruby, Liv,  and the chair.  And the table if it wasn't for Sara Logan being the protector of tables in that segment

Edited by hammerva

I feel like, at this point, the writing is pointing at simultaneous mid-match submissions in the Chamber (one from the Asuka Lock and one from the Kirifuda Clutch)  Becky interfering on Shayna’s behalf, and shenanigans leading to some combination of Nattie and Asuka at ‘mania. 

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Was he supposed to complain about bad creative and how he was booked in a sit down interview on Raw? In kayfabe, he was the one who stuck himself with in a team with Slater and Mahal.

• Like 1

Judging by the ridiculous conversation on here the other day some will disagree with my assessment that Erick Rowan is done as a threat but yeah he's done as a threat.  Lost clean to Black last week and now lost to Black who was stumbling around selling a beat down (terribly I might add) this week.   He should let whatever is in the cage devour himself. 

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Was he supposed to complain about bad creative and how he was booked in a sit down interview on Raw? In kayfabe, he was the one who stuck himself with in a team with Slater and Mahal.

Uh, they didn't have to bring them up at all. They can say whatever they want and went out of their way to mention them.

12 hours ago, nofuture said:

For all the complaints about Asuka not getting pushed right, it is pretty funny that for a segment with 6 women, the one with the worst English carried the segment on the mic.

Seriously, I can't get enough angry Asuka promos.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Seriously, I can't get enough angry Asuka promos.

Hell, yeah.  I also love how she is working in "EZ-PZ" in the wackiest way possible.  Gotta love that synergy between this and her incredibly adorable Youtube channel.

• Like 1

Stupid booking idea. Asuka wins the EC, so Shayna breaks her arm to steal the shot at the title at Wrestlemania. Then after Wrestlemania instant white hot feud with baby face Asuka! Becky can go headline NXT UK Dublin in the meantime and come back after Shayna in the summer.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Judging by the ridiculous conversation on here the other day some will disagree with my assessment that Erick Rowan is done as a threat but yeah he's done as a threat.  Lost clean to Black last week and now lost to Black who was stumbling around selling a beat down (terribly I might add) this week.   He should let whatever is in the cage devour himself. 

See, this is the mentality I really hate sometimes.

Not a shot at you personally by any means but wrestling needs these guys. Big, scary looking dudes, who can win a midcard title every now and then but who otherwise provide a physical roadblock for the rising hero.

Too often nowdays we are quick to write guys off as 'main event/upper mid carder or bust'.

Just like the forever debate we had about comedy acts like Santino and Breezango, the world needs it's Godwinns, Gunns and Gangrels...

• Like 2