DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Rockets were leading going into the third and Harden and Russ didn't play in the fourth.  That's a win for the good guys.  I like Toronto, though.  Considering Giannis choked in the playoffs last year, they're as good a bet to win the East.  Have a hunch about Miami though. 

Harden had 24 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals, 62% TS, 50% eFG.  Including step backs from way back.  Doesn't look too rusty.  Russ did, but that's understandable.  Didn't seem to lack any explosiveness. 

Just happy to have my team back.  Austin Rivers has already returned, so he'll just have the short 4 day quarantine.  Prince Luc should be there Monday.  Can't wait. 

So now we’re delusional enough to count losses as wins? Who are you Tony Kahn? ? 

And while you’re posting meaningless stats how many turnovers did your hero’s have? Oh that’s right they each had 4. Go figure. 

Also where’s this Miami junk coming from? It seems likely if the Bucks don’t make the Finals then it’s back to the 80’s and mid 2000’s for Lakers/Celtics again. 

Edited by MavsFan77

Not only does Lou Williams have wings named after him at Magic City, he has the lemon pepper wings named after him.

He is operating on a level the rest of us can hardly imagine.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Not only does Lou Williams have wings named after him at Magic City, he has the lemon pepper wings named after him.

He is operating on a level the rest of us can hardly imagine.

IMO If a well known strip club like Magic City names their lemon pepper wings after anyone NOT named Rick Ross (the premier Lemon pepper wings connoisseur and spokesman), that person has to be spending considerate and almost obscene amounts of money there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

IMO If a well known strip club like Magic City names their lemon pepper wings after anyone NOT named Rick Ross (the premier Lemon pepper wings connoisseur and spokesman), that person has to be spending considerate and almost obscene amounts of money there.

But has his jersey been retired there? 

So ... D'Antoni has said that Eric Gordon is gonna start.  Eric Gordon has looked TERRIBLE starting.  I've always preferred Gordon coming off the bench.  Danuel House has looked better, actually gets rebounds, and, y'know, has at least some size.  And he can actually make a three.  McLemore shot 6/7 on 3s in the last scrimmage.  His defense is bad, yes, but he's got a TS% of 150 out there.  Mike Dan and Toni always seems to make me angry. 

And why the hell did we keep Chris Clemons over Hartenstein and Gary Clark?  Still not understanding that one Morey. (And I like Clemons.)

Gary Clark going ham on Denver is fun. 

Kawhi is overrated

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So ... D'Antoni has said that Eric Gordon is gonna start.  Eric Gordon has looked TERRIBLE starting.  I've always preferred Gordon coming off the bench.  Danuel House has looked better, actually gets rebounds, and, y'know, has at least some size.  And he can actually make a three.  McLemore shot 6/7 on 3s in the last scrimmage.  His defense is bad, yes, but he's got a TS% of 150 out there.  Mike Dan and Toni always seems to make me angry. 

And why the hell did we keep Chris Clemons over Hartenstein and Gary Clark?  Still not understanding that one Morey. (And I like Clemons.)

Gary Clark going ham on Denver is fun. 

Kawhi is overrated

Remind us how many Finals MVP's Kawhi has? ???

8 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

remind us how many MVPs Kawhi has? 

I'm pretty sure every regular season MVP winner would trade that award for a Finals MVP. Aren't true MVPs the most clutch when it matters most? ?

• Thanks 1

Yeah, but there have been some non-great players win Finals MVP that just happened to play for the best team.  For example, Andre Igudala would never even sniff an MVP, and only got Finals MVP because he was on the goddamn Golden State Warriors and Steph etc. didn't have a great Finals.  It's harder to win MVP than a Finals MVP.   And you only get to the Finals if you have a better team, hence why Kawhi has been able to get to more Finals -- he had a better team. Harden's stats vs. the Warriors last year were better than Kawhi's, but Harden's a choker and Kawhi is GOAT status.  Kawhi's overrated. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Yeah, but there have been some non-great players win Finals MVP that just happened to play for the best team.  For example, Andre Igudala would never even sniff an MVP, and only got Finals MVP because he was on the goddamn Golden State Warriors and Steph etc. didn't have a great Finals.  It's harder to win MVP than a Finals MVP.   And you only get to the Finals if you have a better team, hence why Kawhi has been able to get to more Finals -- he had a better team. Harden's stats vs. the Warriors last year were better than Kawhi's, but Harden's a choker and Kawhi is GOAT status.  Kawhi's overrated. 

Finals MVPs + Rings > Stats

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

remind us how many MVPs Kawhi has? 

Two Finals ones, and Two Rings. How many finals mvps, and rings do Harden and Westbrook have? Because last I checked I have just as many as both of them.

And to follow up on your Kawhi is overrated narrative, how is your guy not overrated? Has he ever won in the playoffs? Does he have multiple league MVP awards (which even Steve Nash and Steph Curry have)? 

Edited by MavsFan77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MavsFan77 said:

Two Finals ones, and Two Rings. How many finals mvps, and rings do Harden and Westbrook have? Because last I checked I have just as many as both of them.

And to follow up on your Kawhi is overrated narrative, how is your guy not overrated? Has he ever won in the playoffs? Does he have multiple league MVP awards (which even Steve Nash and Steph Curry have)? 

How many times has HOF Tracy McGrady ever been past the first round? What a choker. 

43 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

59 playoff wins, one Finals trip, three trips to the Western Conference Finals, 11 playoff series wins.  Actually owns the State of Utah. 

So that finals trip. Remind me of something please. Weren’t KD, Russ, and Serge Ibaka on that team with him? Or basically more talent that what Kawhi had last year in Toronto when he won the title. 

Owning the state of Utah I’ll give him, but I’m not sure why he’d want credit for that. Since they’ve not gone anywhere noteworthy since the late 90’s (the Jazz I mean).

Since you want to discredit Kawhi too I thought you might be impressed to learn he’s won 16 playoff series in his career, and he has 75 playoff wins, plus he’s been in the finals 3 times. 

I’ll be the first guy to post on here giving Harden credit if your team somehow makes the finals this year, because the West is incredibly stacked this year. 

40 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

So that finals trip. Remind me of something please. Weren’t KD, Russ, and Serge Ibaka on that team with him? Or basically more talent that what Kawhi had last year in Toronto when he won the title. 

Since you want to discredit Kawhi too I thought you might be impressed to learn he’s won 16 playoff series in his career, and he has 75 playoff wins, plus he’s been in the finals 3 times. 

I’ll be the first guy to post on here giving Harden credit if your team somehow makes the finals this year, because the West is incredibly stacked this year. 

You're absolutely right.  If not for Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol, Pascal Siakam, Fred Van Vleet, Danny Green and everyone else on those championship teams be probably wouldn't have won any of those playoff games. 

And I'm not discrediting Kawhi.  I'm merely saying he's overrated. 

14 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

You're absolutely right.  If not for Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol, Pascal Siakam, Fred Van Vleet, Danny Green and everyone else on those championship teams be probably wouldn't have won any of those playoff games. 

And I'm not discrediting Kawhi.  I'm merely saying he's overrated. 

If you’re gonna talk all this nonsense then you need to admit Harden is terribly overrated. But since you’re not willing to say that then Kawhi certainly isn’t overrated. 

And try explaining how in your mind Lowry, Siakam, Gasol, and two bench players that aren’t that great are somehow better than Russ, KD, and Ibaka, Derek Fisher, and Kendrick Perkins. I’d be fascinated by that argument. Or you might know them as the guys Harden couldn’t get a finals win with. 

And yeah those three incredibly old guys really carried Kawhi to all those playoff wins when he was in his prime, and at least two of them should have been headed to the retirement home. 

Stats in the bubble:

3 games, 90 min, 90 points, 25 assists, 20 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 blocks, 52% FG%, 58% 3P%

3 games, 73 min, 32 points, 8 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 26% FG%, 22% 3P%

Who's better in the bubble?