DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Hope he’s ok. What about Doc?

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll be seeing this on the SAT soon:

Family Emergency : Coronavirus Positive :: Tripping Over My Dog : Motorcycle Accident  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Imagine how many more MVP's Giannis will win if he starts hitting 3's consistently lol

Well, he attempted 2 more per game than last year's career high. And he improved by about 5%. He makes that kind of stride forward again next year, and I legit don't know how teams can defend him except throw two at him every time he touches the ball.

• Like 2

My sister, who has zero interest in non-Olympic sports, and only limited interest in Olympics, and lives in Colorado, texted me the other night "how the hell do you pronounce Bol Bol?" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, he attempted 2 more per game than last year's career high. And he improved by about 5%. He makes that kind of stride forward again next year, and I legit don't know how teams can defend him except throw two at him every time he touches the ball.

He shot a very respectable 39-ish percent on catch and shoot threes this year, but only 28-ish percent off the dribble, which were the majority of his attempts.  So having him get more catch and shoot looks would be good, except that means taking the ball out of his hands more, which is bad.  If he can get that pull-up number up into the low 30s I think bigger guys start to have a more difficult time defending him, which is going to screw up a lot of teams' schemes.

I also think it bodes well for his game as he ages and the athleticism fades.

• Like 1

Indeed. And I think the fact that he has gotten better and added more to his game every year bodes well for his future.

He needs to get the job done in the post season, obviously, but when he's both a top five offensive and defensive player already, and seems to still be on the upswing...

• Like 1

Yeah, he takes a lot of step-up 3s when he sees the defender(s) cheating and clogging up the lane, which is pretty much what they want. I don't know if he'll keep improving in his 3% but it's a nice dream to have and it would undo everything teams have come up to stop the Freak. I really want to see a TO/Bucks rematch to see what's changed in the year+ since the last series and how the Bucks try to work around the Raptors' clogging the lane and great defense overall. Miami is the obvious team that could upset either one of them though, so it's not a guarantee.

The Clippers mortgaging their future for Kawhi/George and then getting absolutely boned by illnesses/injuries would be extremely on-brand for them.

E: Actually it looks like Lou Will's grandfather died, so he could rejoin the team before the playoffs.

Edited by Zimbra

45 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

At least it's not Jason Kidd, I guess, but I think this is a bad hire.

Also: WOJ BACK!

Well now the Knicks can go at least five more years without attracting a top of the line free agent. Way to go World Wide Wes. ?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Infinit said:

So great seeing our current, reigning and defending World Champions back on the court! Nice win.

Rockets were leading going into the third and Harden and Russ didn't play in the fourth.  That's a win for the good guys.  I like Toronto, though.  Considering Giannis choked in the playoffs last year, they're as good a bet to win the East.  Have a hunch about Miami though. 

Harden had 24 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals, 62% TS, 50% eFG.  Including step backs from way back.  Doesn't look too rusty.  Russ did, but that's understandable.  Didn't seem to lack any explosiveness. 

Just happy to have my team back.  Austin Rivers has already returned, so he'll just have the short 4 day quarantine.  Prince Luc should be there Monday.  Can't wait. 

• Haha 1