DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

12 hours ago, Infinit said:

Question for my friend @Lawful Metal

Going by your views on Harden and his regular season excellence and some impressive playoff stats equating him to being the best player in the league, does the Raptor's league best 71.6% win percentage and +6.8 point differential over the last 3 years make them the best team in the league?

Yes. And may I point out that Kawhi was only a factor for one of those years.  I'm always impressed with the Raptors.  Very good team, very well coached.  Even the Demar teams I thought were good.  They had a similar GSW problem that Houston had with LeBron.  I was very happy for Toronto winning last year. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 5:02 PM, Lawful Metal said:

i feel like the League wants Lakers vs Bucks for their Finals. Might be fine with Clippers, but probably wants LeBron. Anyone beating the Bucks in the East is a disaster for the league. 

Rockets winning is obviously worst case scenario.

Even Clippers, or Rockets, or well...any team in this is a dream world for the League. It was said before and will keep going:

The NBA is successful because it is a narrative-driven league and they know the narrative they want...and this whole return is an example of the narrative driving everything. Make no mistake, the NBA has decided the narrative they want for the title this year, and it's "Lebron and the Lakers win the title for Kobe." They would not have even reopened the season if not for that.

Devin Booker with the Dream Shake to win. Beautiful. 

Devin Booker is like a little Harden. Kinda want to see the Suns in the mix for the 8th seed. 

i think only the Blazers could theoretically cause problems for the Lakers in the first round, but hey, you never know, right?

I’ll take the L for the Rockets last night. I was busy and didn’t get to watch live. I haven’t even seen highlights. From what I’ve gathered, refs were calling bullshit fouls on Harden to put him in constant foul trouble, and we Russ went stupid mode and bricked everything including 7 free throws which was the margin I think? 

Good news is that the bench lineup without Russ or Harden (or Gordon) wasn’t total trash, and even though everything pointed to total blowout, they were still in it at the end. Also Mclemore and House still shooting lights out.

Bad news is if they’re already tired 3 games in, we either have to expand the bench (yes, we should Dan Tony - we signed DeMarre Carrol and Prince Luc for a reason) or find a way to blow people out and not have to play in the 4th quarter.

Harden’s got to get the 3 point % back up to normal. You’re not supposed to miss your signature shot all the time. 

plus I think after getting hyped for a rival (Dallas) and then for a personal rival (Giannis), this was a classic trap game before facing the Lakers Thursday. 

Also, can we get decent officiating like ever? Aren’t foul calls up around the league?

By the way, when did TJ Warren turn into the best player in basketball?

Seriously, dude is putting up absolutely absurd numbers. I know it's only three games, but it's a ridiculous three games.

• Like 1

Wow the Lakers suck. They looked about as good as those AD-carried Pelicans teams — oh yeah, AD can’t carry a team to save his life. Anyone that says Anthony Davis is better than Harden is telling you they know nothing of basketball.

No Russ, no Gordon, no problem. 39, 8, 12. 

Blatant tampering by Draymond.  It's not as if he doesn't have experience doing shit like this. 

If the NBA had any balls, Draymond would be suspended and the Warriors would be docked draft picks. 

Booker can win in PHX.  They're winning right now and playing great in the bubble.  The whole SUPERTEAM stuff is what is ruining the league. 

It's hard to tell right now how much the Bucks and Lakers should be concerned, verses how much of it is "we've clinched the first seed and it's hard to get up for games that don't matter now"

TJ Warren continuing to be unstoppable. The Pacers are going to keep him in a bubble the rest of his career at this rate.

30 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's hard to tell right now how much the Bucks and Lakers should be concerned, verses how much of it is "we've clinched the first seed and it's hard to get up for games that don't matter now"

TJ Warren continuing to be unstoppable. The Pacers are going to keep him in a bubble the rest of his career at this rate.

TJ Warren is already a legend. what’s the over under for combined points for Harden and Warren when Rockets and Pacers play? 75? 80? I’ll take the over

Edited by Lawful Metal