DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

My new favorite twitter account is this bot that just pulls random plays from the NBA stats database and tweets a video of them.  A soothing reminder of the banality of basketball.

I thought we already had a bot like that here? Isn’t that what Lawful Metal is? 

• Haha 1

Justise Winslow has an injured hip and is out for the remainder of the season for Memphis.  

(Yes, I typed in "Miami" multiple times.  Yes, I'm still bittersweet about the trade.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Man, that sucks for Winslow and the Grizz.

NBA has confirmed that awards voting will only be based on the season prior to the stoppage and that the seeding games will not be considered.  Balloting opens today.

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Russell Westbrook is apparently already in Orlando and ready to practice starting Friday. No idea how he snuck in without anyone knowing.

How did he “sneak in”. Your coach said he was going to be there yesterday, and even ESPN reported it. Again yesterday. Way to follow your team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29503193/mike-dantoni-says-russell-westbrook-join-rockets-monday

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:
the Timberwolves are up for sale.  I imagine the Seattle group that's been looking for a team to buy will be interested in this.

Kevin Garnett said on social media that he is a part of one of the groups

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Kevin Garnett said on social media that he is a part of one of the groups

Taylor also said he doesn't want to sell to anyone that'll move the team, so they may have a leg up.

I don't think KG would be a good owner, but I also doubt he could be worse than Taylor.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Still can't believe he managed to sneak into Orlando without being photographed or videoed.  Russ is a ninja!

Maybe nobody cares about photographing a guy that they knew showed up on Monday? This ninja BS is just lame even for a fan of such garbage sports teams (the Astros in particular).