DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber X - 3/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Starting this since we have one match and I'm sure all the others will be announced soon, since this is only 3 weeks away.

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Miz and John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Natalya vs. Liv Morgan vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Asuka vs. Ruby Riott vs. Sarah Logan

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP** - Lacey Evans vs. ? vs. ? vs. ? vs. ? vs. ?

3-ON-1 HANDICAP MATCH FOR THE WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Braun Strowman (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura/Sami Zayn/Cesaro

FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Andrade (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo

FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Street Profits (c) vs. Seth Rollins/Murphy

AJ Styles vs. Aleister Black

Daniel Bryan vs. Drew Gulak

--

Updated as they announce.

* - Lineup per Philly area advertisements was (Reigns/Bryan/Roode/Strowman/Nakamura/Corbin).  Match now cancelled.

** - Previously announced. Status unclear.

For the past two years, the Men's Elimination Chamber participants wrestle a Gauntlet match with Seth Rollins going an hour in 2018 on RAW and Kofi Kingston last year on Smackdown Live. I REALLY, REALLY want Daniel Bryan to be the third. 60 minutes and over for Daniel Bryan please and thank you.

Edited by The Natural

I really hope we're in the universe where we get Bryan vs. Goldberg at Mania. It also occurred to me that if they wanted to undo the last 2 years of wasting Braun Strowman, they could rehab him in one night by having him no-sell and squash the Fiend at Mania. Well down the list of possibilities is "Roman's big moment 3: The least hostile reaction yet" but I think my wishlist is inverted with real-life probability.

I will note this again but Meltzer said he was told that the names in the Men's match won't actually be the ones in the match.

Basically marketing just picked names from SDL since they needed to start marketing.

The only one who is certain to be in the match is Reigns.

This is the blurb

As of right now, the plans for the 3/8 Elimination Chamber PPV will be Reigns, Corbin, Bryan, Strowman, Nakamura and Roode in a Chamber match with the winner getting a shot at Wyatt at WrestleMania. Those names may change and probably will. We were told that the ad has placeholders in the sense Reigns is probably a lock but they haven’t decided on the others and was told there is a solid chance some of these names will change. They were just looking to advertise a men’s chamber match for a title shot locally in Philadelphia to move tickets. Right now Reigns would be the scheduled winner since Wyatt vs. Reigns has been earmarked for the match but again, nothing happens until it happens

I mean based on just the roster - I think Corbin is a lock too but who the fuck knows

On the Bump today they had Sheamus challenging Braun for the IC title - since Sheamus is using the motivation its the only thing he hasn't won

So either Sheamus/Braun will be a match on this show or they will use this show to set up them at Mania

• Like 3

So they announced a Chamber match for the SDL Tag Titles

So we are officially at three and that isn't counting the possibility of the Women's SDL Title (though I feel like that one was dropped)

Still we are at 3 Chamber matches

Well, though they haven't officially cancelled the SDL men's #1 contender match, it's probably off completely since they announced Goldberg-Reigns for the title is officially on at Mania.

Running the chamber match in the run up to WM always seems dumb. It's expensive to run it anyway and the booking around it kinda stinks. This also fits in with me wishing WWE would only run these matches when it makes sense and go back to PPV names like No Mercy or Backlash. I love the EC match, but I'd rather see it used when it makes sense.

• Like 2

A month out from WrestleMania and this company has no clue what they want to do.  I'm fine with just announcing Reigns vs. Goldberg (even though it kills the Royal Rumble) because the men's match would have just been Reigns vs. a bunch of dudes who aren't Roman Reigns.  

I'm looking forward to Asuka vs. Shayna but I'd prefer if that were just a one on one match because again on TV they completely telegraphed that Shayna has zero chance of losing her chamber match.  

29 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Running the chamber match in the run up to WM always seems dumb. It's expensive to run it anyway and the booking around it kinda stinks. This also fits in with me wishing WWE would only run these matches when it makes sense and go back to PPV names like No Mercy or Backlash. I love the EC match, but I'd rather see it used when it makes sense.

The only gimmick ppvs I'm fine with are Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, & MITB. Always hated when they flat out named the ppvs after matches and made it obvious as hell what was coming. With Elimination Chamber I'm semi-mixed. They introduced a decent enough idea of it being a decider for the other brand's no. 1 contender, but it feels like way too brutal and personal a match type to use for that. I'd rather they just use a small tournament or normal multi-person match. Honestly, this is probably where KOTR should be used.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

What was the last “organic” HIAC? Taker/HHH?

At a minimum - the 2nd Taker/Brock

Maybe either women's match but I also have no memory of either's build up

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At a minimum - the 2nd Taker/Brock

Maybe either women's match but I also have no memory of either's build up

Nah, neither women's match felt super organic. Charlotte & Sasha kind of ran a gambit of firsts in just to have them. Becky/Sasha did come close, but the very fact that we knew a ppv called HIAC was coming screwed with the organic feel. That is what makes the whole thing annoying. 

If I was in change of the schedule, the pre mania sunday special would be fast lane, and after would be backlash.  

Hell in a cell and the elimination chamber get relegated to being used as they were intended. King of the Ring comes back in the lead up to night of champions which is used as the "season opener" ppv