DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

That is going to be a fucking war.  They should beat the living shit out of each other.  I hope that the Savannah Evans with the decent gas tank shows up, otherwise this will be a long match.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Awww, the string of great main events ends at four.  The main event was pretty good, because Levi Shapiro is old school and has great punches, and Suge-D is such a weirdo that it was a fun match, but it wasn't like the four weeks before.  Baron Black/Lord Crewe was pretty good too.  The rest was pretty squashy except for the good Dani Jordan/Katalina Perez match, which was ruined by the crappy finish.  I await next week's CWFATL where hopefully they show the Savannah Evans/Marina Shafir match.  MORE ZLIVING COMPETENCE!  TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!

• Like 2

CWFMEMPHIS is so the weird uncle of the UWN universe.  This week is good because all three Skimahorns just take a gigantic assbeating.  Plus Shalonce Royale shows up after her odd turn versus Red Velvet on Dark.  

• Like 1

• Ashton Starr's trunks may be tighter than Sonny Kiss's, but Kiss has the better badonkadonk.  Just sayin'.  Remarkable Ryan Rembrandt thought long and hard about his pro wrestling name.  Alliteration is key.  Rembrandt botches the lucha armdrag spot a little but recovers by rolling into a single leg Boston Crab.  I am digging Starr being both flamboyant and vicious.  Exotic Adrian Street, mother fuckers.  Star totally overshoots the moonsault finisher, but that is okay since his sweet right hand punch was the real killer.  Rembrandt continues to sell post match to his credit.  Not good, but not really horrible either.  I've seen worse... Much, much, worse.. in a high school gym in Prince George county, VA to be precise.
  • I need to got to Dave & Busters in Memphis and attend a UWN watch party.  HEY~!  MRS. JONATHAN GRESHAM WILL BE THERE IN DECEMBER~!  How serious is Scarlett Bordeux about that hardcore lingerie match with Mrs. Jonathan Gresham?  This question deserves an answer.
  • Howdy Price is a national treasure.
  • Holy fuck, dude.   Beef mother fucking Candy is on the East Coast.  They're working The Rapture.  Camera catches Flex McCallion overselling the blond Rapture dude's weak ass stomp and practically draping himself over the ropes in prep for the double whiff on the stereo superkicks that not even loud thigh slaps can hide.  These Rapture guys kinda suck.  Richie Slade is the hot tag and is also the workrate glue that holds this match together.  Flex's selling earns him co-MVP accolades.  He does his damn well best to make Rapture offense look lethal.  After the comical misfires early in the contest, Rapture finally gets their shit together for the finishing stretch.  I am bummed that Beef Candy jobbed to these emo dudes and their shitty Spirit of Halloween store bought masks.   Who in the fuck is Infamy anyway and why are they coming to ringside?  If either The Rapture or Infamy takes the belts from The Bodega anytime soon, I will be annoyed.  None of these guys should be beating Danny Limelight and Slice Boogie.  These white boys are not ready for Puerto Rico asswhoopins.
  • Brooke Havoc has the unenviable task of debuting in UWN and returning from knee surgery in a match against Marina mother fucking Shafir.  Havoc reverses Shafir's submission and nearly scores a pinfall, but Shafir opts to hit some other finisher that is nowhere near as hurty looking as last week's dangerous suplex.  Marina's upcoming match with Savannah Evans needs to have as much recklessly stiff offense as possible.  I now have high expectations after seeing the glorious near crippling of Cassandra Golden and my expectations need to be met... nay.... They need to be exceeded!
  • Zicky Dice issues an open challenge and it is accepted by Trip Jordan, a 17.... er... 18 year old planted fan who probably trains at the UWN school in Memphis.  If Trip wins the match, he gets $5K but not in king sized Johnny Valentine silver dollars.  Trip throws a pretty good trainee dropkick before eating a monster lariat.  Somewhere in Texas, Stan Hansen nods in approval.  Hey, here comes Logan Creed!  Bidness is picking up!
  • Marina Shafir does not sign Dani Jordyn's burn book.  I am sensing tension.  I hope Marina breaks Dani's legs.  Shafir has found new life in the indies and it is totally great.  UWN has been shilling Heather Monroe as the face of the UWN women's division for years, but I think that Shafir is the woman that will bring legitimacy to a UWN Women's Championship if David Starr ever pulls the trigger on this.  How long did we wait for a UWN Heavyweight Champion to finally be crowned?  Too long.
  • Hey!  It's a flashback match of Tim Storm vs. Pretty Peter Avalon!   Aw, the match is clipped.  I love the Arizona crowd egging on the chair beating of the heel at the hands of an angry Tim Storm.   Red State wrestling fans have no mercy.  It is a beautiful thing.  Even if you disagree with their ideology, you must admire the hate that unifies them.
  • Ariya Daivari and AC Mack have a battle of the crunk entrance themes.  This is a perfectly fine AEW Dark Main event.  I love the reversal of the incredibly stereotyped Arabian finisher into a roll-up even if it calls for a bit of no selling on Mack's part.  UWN is your carny filler of the pro wrestling void left by Ring of Honor.
Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Oh my God!  The Skimahorns fucking RULE.  Legit.  Skip to the main event.  Uncle Mikey is revealed to be the nouveau Gary Young that was hinted at in earlier matches.  The Hollywood Horror Show are a great destitute man's Decay.  They also don't do the smart thing and have Heather Monroe and Rebel Kel have a match to challenge for the title and instead have Nikki Layne set up a frickin three way. Ugh.  The main event is prime Skimahorns though- and they are the main thing to watch in Memphis.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J.T. said:
  • Ariya Daivari and AC Mack have a battle of the crunk entrance themes.  This is a perfectly fine AEW Dark Main event.  I love the reversal of the incredibly stereotyped Arabian finisher into a roll-up even if it calls for a bit of no selling on Mack's part.  UWN is your carny filler of the pro wrestling void left by Ring of Honor.

That match was good.

Skimahorns are pro wrestling.  Those guys are full tilt whether it be a studio full of fans or twelve people in steel chairs in the parking lot of a flea market.

I wish I had been around for the transformation gimmick where Walker Hayes finally became The Revenant of Walker Hayes.

Edited by J.T.

CWFH is back!  Apparently there has been some embezzlement going on, so Jaimie Iovine steps down as matchmacker and appoints.... Halston Boddy?

First match is Auntie Hyde vs. Savanah Stone; a battle of the hoss gals.

Next, Dom Kubrick, formerly of So Cal Distancing and now with Halston Boddy, takes on Manders, the Corn Belt Cowboy.

Holy fuck, dude.   Ariya Daivari vs. Daniel Garcia is your mid card match and not your main event, but it should've been.

Beef Candy follows in tag-team action against FAME. 

Maybe I was wrong about Daivari vs Garcia being the main event?  Platinum Max Caster and Papo Esco try to take the UWN Television Title from Levi Shapiro in a triple threat match!.

Fear not!  CWFATL is not gone.  It will debut another episode today @ Noon on the YouTubes.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Alex Chamberland is such a no gimmicks needed throwback asshole.  I love him.  This Gustavo guy is not entirely terrible except from the whiffed dropkick that Chamberland had to oversell.  I didn't watch much OVW, so I think I missed his run as the OVW Rush Champion.

Hey, its The Rapture.  They're working Brandon Tate.  Where is his twin brother?  At least they have Manny Lemons coming out to even the odds.

Zicky Dice threatens to wrestle Logan Creed, but instead he pulls the South American Warrior, Pedro Pablo.  It is a glorified squash despite Marti Belle coming out to counter Dani Jordyn's distraction.

The rubber match between Reka Tehaka and Heather Monroe is by far the best of their three match feud.

Effy and Alan 5 Angels cut promos.  I am not sure if they are working next week or if they will face each other during CWFATL next weekend or if we have to pay to watch them on Primetime Live.  I hope that match will be on free television but if Evans / Shafir is on a PTL card with Effy / Angels, I may have to pony up the twelve bucks to watch it on FITE.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

CWFH is back!  Apparently there has been some embezzlement going on, so Jaimie Iovine steps down as matchmacker and appoints.... Halston Boddy?

First match is Auntie Hyde vs. Savanah Stone; a battle of the hoss gals.

That was an odd move to put Savannah Stone over.  I back their play 100 per cent.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Next, Dom Kubrick, formerly of So Cal Distancing and now with Halston Boddy, takes on Manders, the Corn Belt Cowboy.

That was too quick.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holy fuck, dude.   Ariya Daivari vs. Daniel Garcia is your mid card match and not your main event, but it should've been.

So CWFHWD is opting to go head to head with CWFATL in the Best Match On TV contest and I'm all for it.  Daivari and Tony Nese should tag together in AEW as the MidCard WorkRate Masters. MWM~!  Man, I love Daniel Garcia.  I love that this is the same week he is up against Eddie Kingston in front of a sold out crowd in Chicago.  What a great time to be a wrestling fan.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Beef Candy follows in tag-team action against FAME. 

Maybe I was wrong about Daivari vs Garcia being the main event?  Platinum Max Caster and Papo Esco try to take the UWN Television Title from Levi Shapiro in a triple threat match!.

Fear not!  CWFATL is not gone.  It will debut another episode today @ Noon on the YouTubes.

I'm guessing Z Living will show this week's CWFATL next week.  OR maybe they will do the awesome thing and start having a UWN WRESTLEBLOK!

• Like 2

Garcia continues to rule. His Sharpshooter variation is so good. I’m glad he’s getting a tv program with Kingston since he was all over AEW as a free agent and disappeared for a couple of weeks after getting signed. 

I watched Platinum Max on this show and his match with Slade in Beyond, and he needs a lot of work. You can tell his ambitions are greater than his skill set right now, and without doing his Acclaimed entrance on the indies (probably at the behest of TK) he doesn’t stand out at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The rubber match between Reka Tehaka and Heather Monroe is by far the best of their three match feud.

Oh man, that was a great job by Heather Monroe to carry a youngster.  That was better than Daivari/Garcia.  CWFATL WINS AGAIN.

• Like 1

The Memphis leg of the UWN POWERBLOK has TWO triple threat matches- one of them the trios final, so this show is a total wreck.  Heather Monroe and Rebel Kel do get to have a the body of a singles match as champion Nikki Layne has to leave the match to help some guy who was beaten up at rngside by some other guy.  The finish is awesome though.  The rest is a bigger trainwreck.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

My Z living feed cut off during the Caster/Esco/Levi match. 

Mine too.  I did not care enough to find out how Levi won.,

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

Mine too.  I did not care enough to find out how Levi won.,

He won via loaded glove KO punch on Papo Esco after Max Caster got dumped to the ring floor by Papo.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Hey, it's HOUR ONE of THE UWN POWERBLOK~!

Today's card features:

Kevin Martenson vs Ray Rosas (a main event caliber match is your curtain jerker)

Viva Van with Halston Boddy vs Savanna Stone

Juicy Finau vs Matt Brannigan

UNITED WRESTLING NETWORK WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH The Bodega (c) vs Midnight Heat!!!!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

HOUR TWO~!

MEMPHIS TRIOS CHAMPIONSHIP RING PRESENTATION

THE SKIMAHORNS~!  FUCK YEAH vs COUNTRY ROCK

HOLLYWOOD HORROR SHOW vs ELEMENTS OF WRESTLING

NEON PHENOMENON ANTHONY IDOL debuts vs CARLOS ALEXANDER RIOS

JAY SMOOTH & KROSS vs KID WRESTLING

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Viva Van with Halston Boddy vs Savanna Stone

Spoiler

Man, I was hoping for an inexplicable Savannah Stone push.  BAHHHH!

The Bodega and especially Danny Limelight are so good.  The Midnight Heat are the enhancement highlight of this whole episode of UNW SATURDAY NIGHT BLOK!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

JAY SMOOTH & KROSS vs KID WRESTLING

Martin is the best wrestler in Memphis!  What great fucking punches and the best dropkick of 2021.

The third CHUNK of the UWN Saturday WrestleBLOK is the mighty CWFATL and once again it WINS.  Andy Brown/Senshi is really good because Zenshi is all weird and tricked out with his highflying and Andy Brown is old school good. Zenshi flies around and hits some neat things and then Brown murders him.  It's a good formula.   Karl Frederick has the credentials, but AC Mack is just as good and their match is pretty good.  The finish is nice.  Marti Belle is pretty good but Angelica Risk is awesome and needs to follow Heather Monroe to Memphis.  She is Memphis sassy.  Alan Angel and Effy really makes this the MEGACHUNK!  This was better than Angels versus Kenny Omega.  Though the finish is garbage.  So ATL had three matches better than the best matches on the other CHUNKS this week.  ATL!  YOUR WINNING WRESTLEBLOK CHUNK!

• Like 2

The finish of Angels / Effy was bleh, but we can dream about Effy being the local rep for Dark Order in ATL in the same manner that Chris Bey reps Bullet Club in Impact.

I miss Andy Brown being the hitman of SoCal Distancing. 

REY FURY, FUCK YEAH~!

I am not sure why a vet like Monroe is bailing.  The women's scene in Mempho is as solid as it gets for UWN.  Hollywood and ATL could use a little help, although they both have ladies that could serve as the cornerstones of the divisions with Viva Van in HW and Marina Shafir or Reka Tahaka in ATL.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1