DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

Four Minutes of Heat are a great territorial heel team.  If they were larger physically,  they would be ready for the big two.  They should push that Miguel guy. You dont get many guys that big who bump like that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DEAN said:

Four Minutes of Heat are a great territorial heel team.  If they were larger physically,  they would be ready for the big two.

Eh, 4MH is about the same size as the Motor City Machine Guns.  I feel 4MH could excel as a tag-team in one of the big two if they stick to what they're good at.  I like their double teaming, but I wish they would tag more frequently.  Eddie Pearl spends a lot more time in the ring that Ricky Gibson does.   

I was happy that the Bodega won their first title defense, but the screwjob protects 4MH and I can also dig that.

At least I know that Will Allday's title is the Reality of Wrestling Texas Championship.  I did not like the booking Allday's match with Sparks.  Some ref zooming out from the back should not be overruling the call of the ref in the ring.

I fast forwarded through the battle royal.  

18 hours ago, DEAN said:

They should push that Miguel guy. You dont get many guys that big who bump like that.

Miguel is fucking great, but I think that Andy Brown is the megaworker of So-Cal Distancing.  I am bummed that they took the Heritage title off of Watts before he and Miguel could get into their super program.  They never got a chance to get their big kaiju war into full gear.

I feel that the right team went over in the big Lights Out match..   A fitting conclusion to the 500th episode.  

I am sad.   I enabled CC but the captions did not identify So-Cal Distancing's badass entrance music.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Flex McCallion is a great agitator. Pretty good match with Shaw and Slade. Logically, the turn for Shaw doesn't make any sense since he could just watch the replay, but that's indy wrestling.

Dug the Bodega promo but the match was a bit clunky I thought their prior match was better.

Dan Joseph and Jordan Cruz aka Handsome Man Team~! And now Unhinged Dan Joseph~! 4MH are pretty great.

Shapiro and Idol going for the full on goofy wrestling stuff was great with Levi flopping around for Idol's offense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

Flex McCallion is a great agitator. Pretty good match with Shaw and Slade. Logically, the turn for Shaw doesn't make any sense since he could just watch the replay, but that's indy wrestling.

Yeah, that was stupid but Robin Shaw looks like a heel now with flashy tassels and black onesy. OH!  And the evil stubble.

• Like 2

They have been teasing a Dan Joseph breakdown for weeks.  It has been on a slow burn since he lost the title to Shapiro and Joseph's temper even cost him that handicap match for Shapiro's title on the 500 show when Joseph was on the verge of winning back his belt AGAINST ALL ODDS~!!!

At some point, Joseph has to turn heel.  He can't continue to lose his shit like this without some kind of payoff.  The booking has been fun to watch.  Barely anyone tells long haul stories like that anymore.  And yeah, 4MH is a great tag-team, bar none.

I really don't get the Sweet Robin Shaw turn, but anything leading to Darwin Finch taking another assbeating might be good.  I was really hoping that FF would get some sort of trios push.  Oh, well..

I also liked Snypes v. Boogie I better than this week's match, but I guess Slice needed to avenge the loss and maybe force a rubber match where he'll go even further towards the dark side.

I was pretty impressed with the Shapiro vs. Idol match.  Both guys beat the shit out of each other and Idol did a great job of selling fatigue without ever blowing up for real.  I love Shapiro's loaded glove screwjob wins even though punches are supposed to be illegal and the ref probably shouldn't count the pinfall after witnessing a foul.  I am guess that this will lead up to a Jack Cartwheel / Anthony Idol vs. Levi Shapiro / Jesse James match which suits me just fine.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Odd that Z Living Channel aired the Memphis edit of the new episode. It was a best of 2020. But was hosted by DUstin and Maria Starr. 

Might be cause starting in Feb Championship Wrestling from Memphis starts up. First taping is Valentines day this year. Dustin is hosting.

Also hearing a Championship Wrestling From the Gulf Coast is starting up. Ring announcer down in LA was telling some of us a few weeks back.

I guess with CWFH being shut down for the foreseeable future, Marquez will be focusing on the south again. I thought Dustin did a good job hosting. I remember him as a ref in FCW. Based on watching this weeks episode, CWFH might be one of the few promotions that is better without fans in attendance. They seemed dead even during the Lacey/Monroe match.

Yeah the crowd was usually pretty subdued during the tapings. It was weird seeing the old crowds when they were airing best of episodes during the spring because they were pretty hot.

I wondered when they were going to run out of episodes. Although with California and LA County rolling back restrictions they might tape more episodes.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2021 at 4:20 PM, bobholly138 said:

Odd that Z Living Channel aired the Memphis edit of the new episode. It was a best of 2020. But was hosted by DUstin and Maria Starr. 

Might be cause starting in Feb Championship Wrestling from Memphis starts up. First taping is Valentines day this year. Dustin is hosting.

Dustin and Maria host the clipped episodes CWFH on YouTube while the normal crew handles the live broadcasts, so it makes sense that Dustin and Maria would host the year end spectacular since it's just footage of previous matches.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Dustin and Maria host the clipped episodes CWFH on YouTube while the normal crew handles the live broadcasts, so it makes sense that Dustin and Maria would host the year end spectacular since it's just footage of previous matches.

I watch the Memphis airings each week. Same show as what airs on Z Living,but with less ads. Plus you get some wraparound segments with Dustin&Maria Starr.

• 1 month later...

Zicky Dice is pro wrestling AF.   I am not sure what to say about Effy other than I can admire a dude who is comfortable enough in his wrestling ability to come to the ring in torn fishnets.

Someone needs to have a chat with the editing crew.  The finish of Dice / Effy vs. Watts / The Pope was lopped off in favor of the finish of the Heather Monroe / Halston Boddy vs. Ruby Raze / CeCe Chanel match from the 2020 go home show.

CWFH now has a affiliate fed in Memphis. Ran by Dustin Starr. We interviewed Dustin last week and he confirmed that Derrick king will work with Championship wrestling from Memphis.  

And every ep of Championship wrestling from Memphis will be uploaded to Youtube.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New episodes! Sparks/Cruz never really clicked for me might be one of those matches that would be better with a crowd.

JO Cyclone Suplex finish in the Viva Van/Mylo Matters match! Not much there beyond that.

The Bodega is back! Nice cover by Danny when he screwed up the Chess/Checkers reference. How tall is Papo Esco? I feel like if he were taller he'd get some more looks.

I still can't get over Jaime Iovine being a regular character on the show. That's how you know that man loves pro wrestling.

Clearwater being mad and wanting a match against banning but walking out and doing his regular pose on the ramp is a thing but that's why he got jumped from behind. Good beatdown and finish though.

I'm looking forward to the new episodes.

• Like 1

Nice that Heather referenced the best of 7 series with Lacy Ryan and how it it'll never be finished. 

Looks like my recording had a hiccup where the broadcast started over after the first commercial break. And it started the Idol/Shapiro match over after it ended.

Idol and Shapiro are a great matchup because Levi's goofy selling works great with Idol's power offense. And Levi cheats to win again ?

Jamie Iovine with the weird face matchmaker ruling.

Miguel! How is he from parts unknown if he was friends with Watts? He's pretty smooth in the ring. And poor Honest John.

Didn't get the main since the recording/broadcast kept screwing up and replaying segments.

2 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Saw that Heather Monroe has moved to Florida. So that is 2 CWFH mainstays in Florida now. Andy Brown moved down there a few months ago.

Yeah, I have seen Adrian Quest tagging a lot with Barrett Brown lately in the SoCal indies, so either SoCal Distancing will get a new member, Miguel will replace Andy in the tag-team, or Adrian may chase a singles title in CWFH.

If it were my call, I'd bring in Brown and push Miguel to the moon as a solo.

I'm guessing that Andy and Heather's move to Florida means that they'll be on AEW Dark soon.

Edited by J.T.

Announcers mentioned on the show during Miguel's match that SoCal Distancing has disbanded. Granted when they tried to interview Miguel after his match he took a swipe at the mic and stormed off so there's probably more to that coming.