DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

This weeks CWFATL on ZLiving was a rerun of last weeks so I just watched it on YouTube.  Dani Jordan looked good.  I want to see more Chip Day.  Hey!  The Ascension!  I've never seen them before.  Danny Limelight is wrestling everywhere,

• Like 1

Howdy Price does the most heelish thing a heel manager can do and broadcasts a repeat of Levi Shapiro defending the UWN TV title vs. Jack Cartwheel from CWFH, rather than show up live with Shapiro in ATL.

Suge D vs Kaleb Konley wasn't that horrible.

Tate Twins looked a million percent better than their last match in their victory this week over the rather busy Skimahorns.  It's like the Skimahorns finished working in Memphis just in time to Uber to Atlanta.  Getting a clean win over the former UWN Memphs tag champs is a big deal.

Edited by J.T.

On 10/3/2021 at 10:20 AM, J.T. said:

Howdy Price does the most heelish thing a heel manager can do and broadcasts a repeat of Levi Shapiro defending the UWN TV title vs. Jack Cartwheel from CWFH, rather than show up live with Shapiro in ATL.

Suge D vs Kaleb Konley wasn't that horrible.

Tate Twins looked a million percent better than their last match in their victory this week over the rather busy Skimahorns.  It's like the Skimahorns finished working in Memphis just in time to Uber to Atlanta.  Getting a clean win over the former UWN Memphs tag champs is a big deal.

I don't know why Z Living keeps showing the first episode of CWFATL.  I loved Scotty Beach and Carlie Bravo is waaaay more fun postmatch.  You gotta have the Skimahorns on commentary.  They are so awesome being everyone I've ever known from Arkansas (I lived there from age 10 to 12).  Main event was good.  I dig Lord Crewe.

Chris Dickenson beat Mike Bennett in the main event of the UWN Supercard last Saturday night to become the first UWN World Heavyweight Champion.  

Edited by J.T.

First Daniel Garcia vs Alex Shelley, then Daniel Garcia vs CM Punk, and now Jon Gresham vs Mike Bennett- it's been a week for high end wrestling.  It's weird that I don't think they would have this same match on ROH television.  Mike Bennett amongst the indies is a great thing and taking an ROH match to the indies makes the ROH match twice as good.  Strange.  This is some quality pro wrestling.  HAIL CWFATL!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Z Living tried to show this week's CFWATL but it wouldn't load or something.  Anyway, they put it on YouTube and it's got the Mike Bennett/Chris Dickenson tournament final, which rules.  Levi Shapiro also gives a punching clinic.  I love the build up to the title match.  I guess next week's CWFATL will actually be from Atlanta.

• Like 2

I need to find out where Chris Dickenson got his Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China t-shirt from.

I like how UWN supports their guys no matter where they go by pimping their current appearances.  

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I need to find out where Chris Dickenson got his Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China t-shirt from.

I like how UWN supports their guys no matter where they go by pimping their current appearances.  

I think they were taken by surprise that Max Caster and Zoey Stark used them as a springboard to bigger things.  I think they were like, "OH! So people actually watch us!"  They overtook MLW as the weird ass proving ground of indie folks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DEAN said:

I think they were taken by surprise that Max Caster and Zoey Stark used them as a springboard to bigger things.  I think they were like, "OH! So people actually watch us!"  They overtook MLW as the weird ass proving ground of indie folks.

Yeah, it has dawned on me over time how many UWN alumni have showed up in AEW:  Will Allday, Levi Shapiro, Max Caster, Danny Limelight, and a lot more.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

CWFATL is now in second place for most consecutive shows with a great match with three weeks in a row- Gresham/Bennett. Bennett/Dickenson and this weeks main event, Andy Brown vs Effy.  This match is fucking great.  Effy as your sleazy babyface underdog is awesome.  Andy Brown's offense is all dynamic and shit.  There is also a really great until they completely fuck up every part of the finish match between Heather Monroe and Reka Tehaka.  It's STIFF.... and then they fuck everything up.  I guess Manny Lemons isn't actually signed to Impact because he put over Baron Black clean as a sheet.  Or maybe that doesn't matter because he is a part of the Learning Tree who aren't supposed to win yet.  Either way, good wad of wrestling with a great main event.  ZLiving is a week behind now since they didn't show last weeks show last week, so they showed it this week, so I can rewatch the Dickenson/Bennett match on my TV at some point this week.  HUZZAH, CWFATL!

• Like 1

Andy Brown vs. Effy was pretty fucking great.  I love booking that makes sense.  They should book Effy vs. Zicky Dice and bump the sleaze factor to a million.

I could get behind raging Heather Monroe out to cripple girls, but she is in there with Reka Tehaka and both of those ladies do best when they are reacting to offense better than generating it.  Monroe needs to go back to her picture perfect Michinoku Driver finisher.  That botched thingie that happened at the end of that match should never be seen again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Andy Brown vs. Effy was pretty fucking great.  I love booking that makes sense.  They should book Effy vs. Zicky Dice and bump the sleaze factor to a million.

I could get behind raging Heather Monroe out to cripple girls, but she is in there with Reka Tehaka and both of those ladies do best when they are reacting to offense better than generating it.  Monroe needs to go back to her picture perfect Michinoku Driver finisher.  That botched thingie that happened at the end of that match should never be seen again.

I was SO hoping for a Bitchinoku Driver.

• Like 1

I don't keep up with the UPN Memphis stuff as much as I should so I was a little confused by Heather showing up in Atl.  Sure, Atl. is closer to Florida where she lives, but she was just recently involved in a white hot angle in CWFM with the ladies champion there. 

Why is she in CWFH&A where the women's title seen apparently got scrapped during the transition?  I haven't even seen any of the UPN Hollywood ladies like CeCe Chanel or Viva Van working in ages.

Edited by J.T.

CWFATL is second to AEW in the most awesome matches per episode as the main event this week is Tony Nese vs David Ali.  So Nese is a general junior heavyweight BUT he has great punches.  So awesome.  David Ali is good and uses fuckery.  This is four weeks in a row of outstanding main events.  I also dug Marina Shafir, as she hits the most dangerous suplex of the week worldwide on Cassandra Golden.  And I want to see more of the Washington Bullets.  Good episode!  YAY!

EDIT:  Changed the thread title because it's more than just Hollywood now, DADDY!

• Like 1

• DEAN changed the title to CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA
  • DEAN featured this topic
  • DEAN unfeatured this topic

Holy shit, dude.  I thought Shafir killed Cassandra Golden.  Good stuff from the Bullets and Juicy Finau seems to be figuring out how to work like a big man.

Tony Nese vs David Ali was totally metal.

The very existence of UWN is cushioning the blow of RoH maybe calling it quits.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

The reactions from the heavy set couple in the front row after Golden gets dropped on her head are priceless.  

Shafir's leg vice / neck crank submission finish is 100% sexy.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1