DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I have seen Adrian Quest tagging a lot with Barrett Brown lately in the SoCal indies, so either SoCal Distancing will get a new member, Miguel will replace Andy in the tag-team, or Adrian may chase a singles title in CWFH.

If it were my call, I'd bring in Brown and push Miguel to the moon as a solo.

I'm guessing that Andy and Heather's move to Florida means that they'll be on AEW Dark soon.

Hell yea on Barrett. He works for my local indie and we have been saying for a few years that he should be signed somewhere big.

So the airing on Z Living repeated lots of segments. Which means I didn't see the main event.

Remembered on Youtube they put up the Lake Charles LA airings.

And at the 28 minute mark I see that CHampionship Wrestling GUlf Coast airs an ad for the podast I co host,King of Wrestling Podcast.

Appears all I missed was the tag team main event.

Damn good match. Love how Papo slaps his belly like Kamala and has the One Man Gang skull on his tights. When we interviewed him weeks ago he talked about how those two plus Bam Bam Bigelow were his faves when he was younger.

• Like 1

Stopped by a friend's place for his Bday but we're old so parties end at 10:30 now so I was able to watch this tonight on ZLIving

So my episode was in the wrong order again.

Segment of 4 Minutes of Heat and Jaime was funny.

The Howdy/Levi match was just enough goofy. Cartright/Levi again should be good.

Main event was nice. I know a few guys from CWFH have gotten looks in AEW and NJPW (via the Strong tapings) so I wonder why Dan Joseph hasn't gotten a look. He'd probably be fun working with the LA Dojo guys.

The Beef Candy stuff is getting weird and I'm liking it. They let Honest John show a little personality before getting tapped out.

Do we know what happened to Super Beetle? Robin Shaw moves great for a big man. 

Monroe/Van was looking like it might have turned into something before it ended.

16 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Stopped by a friend's place for his Bday but we're old so parties end at 10:30 now so I was able to watch this tonight on ZLIving

So my episode was in the wrong order again.

Segment of 4 Minutes of Heat and Jaime was funny.

The Howdy/Levi match was just enough goofy. Cartright/Levi again should be good.

Main event was nice. I know a few guys from CWFH have gotten looks in AEW and NJPW (via the Strong tapings) so I wonder why Dan Joseph hasn't gotten a look. He'd probably be fun working with the LA Dojo guys.

The Beef Candy stuff is getting weird and I'm liking it. They let Honest John show a little personality before getting tapped out.

Do we know what happened to Super Beetle? Robin Shaw moves great for a big man. 

Monroe/Van was looking like it might have turned into something before it ended.

Looks like I will watch the Lake Charles LA airings again this week off Youtube.

• Like 1

I can't figure out who I like more- the super creepy Honest John or the really great at selling an ass beating Darwin Finch.  And they need to keep the booking out of the Heather Monroe matches.  Geez.

• Like 1

I am digging the pairing of Jack Cartwheel and Anthony Idol as a tag-team.  I thought Howdy Price was going to vapor lock in the center of the ring.

Okay, the tease of the Dan Joseph heel turn has gone on long enough.   Pull the trigger on it.

Darwin Finch sure can take an assbeating, but where does Sweet Robing Shaw go after the blowoff match that ends the feud?  Is he going to feud with contenders for Ricky Slade's belt?

Can EJ Sparks get a rematch for Rosas's Arizona State Championship already?  He's from Arizona FFS~!

Where is Will Allday?  Is he MIA?

Edited by J.T.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:54 AM, DEAN said:

I can't figure out who I like more- the super creepy Honest John or the really great at selling an ass beating Darwin Finch.  And they need to keep the booking out of the Heather Monroe matches.  Geez.

What bobholly said.  Heather Monroe and Andy Brown both moved to Florida recently so I am guessing we'll see them on AEW Dark at some point.  You've already noticed that a lot of CWFH workers like Max Caster, Danny Limelight, and Levy Shapiro have already made appearances on AEW Dark and AEW Dynamite.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• Jack Cartwheel vs. Levi Shapiro was a perfectly fine, if short, match telling the story of Levi avenging his recent tag-team loss.  Jack is the perfect foil for Levi's hard boiled Southern offense.  This thing deserved at least ten minutes, but only got around five or six.
  • So, FMH is now the Mdnite Heat and even dresses like the old Midnight Express.  Eddie Pearl even fluffs his mullet ala Bobby Eaton.  Jordan Cruz and Keita Murray get in way more offense than I expected them to.  The finish is a bit of a clusterfuck and doesn't really make the repackaged FMH look all that strong.
  • I am hoping that this Frienship Farm break-up leads to Jervis beating the shit out of Robin Shaw.
  • The women's three-way brawl started off weird but then took a right turn to awesomeness.  Now we know for sure who the new major players in the division will be.  Viva Van is not at the top of her form in this contest.   I've seen her hit much prettier Ocean Cyclone Suplexes than this one.  She makes up for it in the post-match beatdown.

I thought we were going to get more with Levi and Cartwright but I guess Idol is the next challenger again.

Cruz and Murry did get a lot so I'm not sure what's going on there. Where are the Wolf Zaddies?

I'm all for Jervis getting crushed anytime.

Main event was good but did start off wacky, but that's the nature of triple threats. Guess Heather is really gone now. Also they couldn't tell the lady who was the special ref to bring a pair of slacks? She looked so odd in the yoga pants.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, bobholly138 said:

Will Allday has been busy in TX wrestling. Between ROW and a few other feds in TX he is booked up for a bit.

Yeah, he showed up on AEW Dark this week in a match against the Varsity Blondes.

• Like 1

Ray Rosa versus Dan Joseph was really good.  Dan Joseph will lay it in and Rosa has great looking punches (DVDVR~!).  They really need to push Honest John.  He has the most punchable face in all of wrestling.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2021 at 10:50 AM, DEAN said:

Ray Rosa versus Dan Joseph was really good.  Dan Joseph will lay it in and Rosa has great looking punches (DVDVR~!).  They really need to push Honest John.  He has the most punchable face in all of wrestling.

I was really hoping that Miguel would kill him dead.  I think he sold a lot more than he should have for Honest John.

I like how Clearwater vs. Banning was nothing more than a placeholder for a No DQ or Falls Count Anywhere match in the future.  You rarely see decent booking for double count outs these days.

As much as I want someone to murder Ritchie Slade, that dude has a smooth transition into his Indian Deathlock submission hold.  I also loved how he covetously held his title belt close to his chest after the win because he knew he was dangerously close to getting his shit kicked in.

Sell the importance of the championship.  Show everyone how much the title means to you.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

The transition of a Heather focused womens division to their new vision keeps going on with Cece becoming a face again versus a conflicted heel.

Did not expect that piranha guy to get that much offense in. At least the post match beat down was cool.

Levi makes me want to fire up Fire Pro World again just to make an edit of him. Still working out that Honest John character I see.

That springboard looked dicey by Watson, I assume those ropes aren't designed for all at that. Midnight Heat can stooge very well, but I'm not sure they should be for these guys. That was a dope finisher though.

That was a women's match.

Banning/Clearwater LMS match!

The swerve in the main event.

• Like 1

Midnight Heat feel like a pile of the local deep south teams made up of two 10+ year vets. The kind of team you see driving around in a t-top firebird blasting some Crue or Dokken.

And man Howdy Price is great. He finally joined twitter recently and is a blast to follow. Hoping we can score a interview with him soon.

• Like 2

That main event, though.  Holy fuck, I was not expecting that.

Well, Dean.  You asked for the push for Honest John and now it looks like you will get it.  We have finally witnessed the birth of the Price Check Ranch stable.

I am glad that Midnight Heat isn't 100% cloning the MX.  Adding the Harlem Hangover spot to hit the MX Veg-O-Matic double team finisher was tremendous.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Vann/Matters was ok until it got to the point of advancing the further CeCe storyline.

Wasted Youth is back? Man that tag match was oddly disjointed. Ah, more storyline! Honest John being a klepto is funny though. And street clothes Dan Joseph looks like the crazy gym/health teacher from high school. A mustache would complete the look.

Piranacanrana got crushed by Sweet Robin Shaw.

Cruz/Watson was a match. Cruz doesn't express with his face so he always looks like he's constipated or something.

So this episode was just to get everything set up for the next two weeks? Cool. Cool.

• Like 1

Yeah, I tried to DVR the latest episode on ZLiving at the usual time and instead recorded Mike Murdoch begging for cash in an episode of Inspirational Campmeeting.

I'm guessing that the Xfinity guide was somehow jacked up.

I'll have to check out the card at CWFH's YouTube channel.

I am good with the finish of the women's match.  I'm glad they didn't job Mylo out to Van a week after her big win.  Viva will probably get to kill someone next week before the PPV and will most likely win her match at HALSTON BODDY'S coastline clash.  It's too early in this angle to book a victory for CeCe.

Wasted Youth may have the worst ring attire ever, but Noctis at least has the good taste to have The Lost Cause on his trunks in the The Lost Boys text.  Honest John is starting to grow on me.  He's working his gimmick and is putting a spot or two together.  Match was a bit of a clusterfuck, but things were explained in the post match interviews.   Dan Joseph does indeed look like a demented guidance councilor or football coach while wearing street clothes.

Idol and Honest John came out without Howdy Price?  Is there a Price Check Ranch stable or isn't there?

RIP Pirannahcanrana.  He got in zero offense against Robin Shaw.

Cruz / Watson was ehh.  Is Cruz really the next contender for Ritchie Slade's belt?  If win / loss records were real in pro wrestling, Cruz's wouldn't be that good.

Tag match was a tag match.  At least we got a proper introduction to all of the units vying for the Bodega's titles.   Either the Bodega is using Freebird rules to defend their titles or Danny Limelight is unofficially an AEW fulltime employee.  I am guessing the latter given the assisted ax kick finisher the Bodega was setting up before the match got thrown out.

I tried to watch the show again after all this time. But man, it is so indie it hurts. When I saw Honest John I thought "this guy should be in a tag team with Marko Stunt". I mean there is room for this stuff and it is entertaining, but I don't know if it's for me.