DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/25/20

*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. Dezmond Xavier

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 25, 2020 from Las Vegas, NV

*Daga def. Rob Van Dam (w/ Katie Forbes) via countout after Katie was on her phone at  ringside and left so RVD went after her.

*Rohit Raju (w/ Mahabali Shera & The Great Gama) def. Zachary Wentz (w/ Dezmond Xavier & Trey Miguel) after a top rope double stomp

*Jordynne Grace(c) def. Miranda Alize (w/ Madison Rayne) with the Grace Driver to retain the knockouts title

*(Aired from The Wrestling Revolver): Eddie Edwards def. Michael Elgin with a rollup in Match 4 of the Best of 5 Series to tie it at 2-2. 

*Tessa Blanchard def. Ace Austin via DQ when Taya Valkyrie interfered and attacked Tessa.

Edited by DreamBroken

Daga/RVD was pretty good while it lasted and thought Rohit/Wentz was very good. Eddie/Elgin had a different feel being not from Impact but still good. Thought Miranda Alize looked real good and I'm always here for more Taya vs. Tessa 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Daga/RVD was pretty good while it lasted and thought Rohit/Wentz was very good. Eddie/Elgin had a different feel being not from Impact but still good. 

Yeah, Elgin/Edwards was the best thing on the show.  The rest was perfectly fine free wrestling.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the matches but Impact feels incredibly stale to me at the moment. I’d like to see the Rascalz do something else other than their never ending feud with Gamma & Co.  There’s not been much character progression for anyone on the show in what feels like forever.

I love Taya but those strikes at the end were some dork order level punches.

Two things that were jarring on this show. Firstly John E Bravo has been a referee in this promotion, and a comedy sidekick who gets humiliated. So putting him in the Gut Check challenge as the harsh critical coach doesn't fit. Secondly Sami Callihan is supposed to have disappeared and not been seen since losing the title, but then they aired a match from an indie show he main evented, with giant posters of his face either side of the entrance, facing the hard cam.

Other than that, it was OK. There is a kind of feeling of inertia about Impact lately. Some major players left, and were replaced by nobody. 

But with AEW Dark airing days early due to the PPV, I got to see two Miranda Alize matches in two different promotions on the same day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I love Taya but those strikes at the end were some dork order level punches.

Like, if you're going to just punch the mat 25 times repeatedly, maybe turn the mic off under the ring so the viewer doesn't actually, uh, hear you punching the mat?

Those strikes were so bad the camera purposely panned up for the majority of them.

• Like 1