DVDVR Message Board

SDL is A Rube Goldberg Device - 2/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, I guessed right and we get Berg-Bray in Saudi Arabia. 

And for the record, I know I like Baron Corbin more than most people, but my god, he and Roman Reigns need to never be on TV together again. Christ almighty, enough. 

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hey, I guessed right and we get Berg-Bray in Saudi Arabia. 

And for the record, I know I like Baron Corbin more than most people, but my god, he and Roman Reigns need to never be on TV together again. Christ almighty, enough. 

The feud that never ends. Falls Count Anywhere, nope! Losing team captain eats dog food, no! Let's have a Steel Cage match! Ugh.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

So how does Goldberg v Wyatt work?

Spear. Spear. *kickout*
Spear. Spear. Jackhammer. *kickout*
Jackhammer. Spear. Spear. Jackhammer... countered into the Mandible Claw and Wyatt wins in sub 5 minutes.

??

You should probably add seven more spears, but that's about right. If Vince added an extra million, Goldberg would probably do the "scared in the corner" bit for a few seconds.

Push him, cowards.

I'm excited for Fiend-Goldberg. Especially since it means we sidestep Fiend-Kane, which would provide a lot of red light temptation. 

Reading the results, I can't believe Fox paid a billion for this show. Lol. 
Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Push him, cowards.

I'm excited for Fiend-Goldberg. Especially since it means we sidestep Fiend-Kane, which would provide a lot of red light temptation. 

Reading the results, I can't believe Fox paid a billion for this show. Lol. 

Neither can Fox ?.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The opening with Miz/Morrsion and New Day that led into Usos vs. Roode/Ziggler was solid.

Braun continuing the feud with Nakamura isn't super interesting to me, but the crowd got into it and hate for Sami.

Goldberg vs. Fiend could be fun. regardless its a nice way to put the Fiend gimmick over a bit as long as Bray wins.

Roman/Corbin still going on is depressing and a waste of both guys.

Not sure where they are going with Bryan. He murdered Slater, but Slater kind of brought it on himself.

The main event was solid fun, but really should not have been the main event. I'm glad Carmella won though I don't see why Naomi had to take the pinfall, especially with Dana there. Mella vs. Bayley should be solid though why they are only just doing this now and not 3 months ago when they should have I have no idea.

The show was technically solid. Its just again a case of not much super interesting going on with many pieces still in the wrong place and nearly no one having much momentum as a result. There is plenty of decent-solid story, just nothing super exciting.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I honestly think there is no possible good outcome to Fiend vs Goldberg. Decisive win for either means either a giant backlash or kills everyone who lost to Wyatt or even ran scared from him dead in the water. I don't think the match will be any good either. A non-finish could work best, that would probably mean more matches between them.

• Like 1

Wait there are people that actually think Bray is winning?   You guys must be smoking what Matt Riddle is having.

Basically Bray is getting the Kevin Owens treatment.   Can't have Owens as universal champion going into WM so have him get squashed like a bug in 15 seconds.    Goldberg becoming a 2 (maybe 3) time transitional champion

The fact that he are getting ANOTHER Reigns vs Corbin match almost guarantees to me that the first challenge to Reigns winning the title is Baron Corbin.  

There is more stock in The Fiend than Kevin Owens. 

Goldberg is disposable at this point. He's reached that point of his career where he should be doing jobs and he's only coming back for another 7 figure Saudi check. I'd book the typical Goldberg sprint. Goldberg passing out to Bray's mandible claw probably works best. The question is then can Bray deliver the archetypal Goldberg match? I don't rate him in the ring, but it shouldn't be too difficult. I love Goldberg, and selfishly I'd book him to win, but Bray should be winning the match. 

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

It only makes sense in terms of marquee matchups.  I means Regins vs Goldberg is way more intriguing to people

I don't like these people.  Honestly, neither match would be good but at least the Bray vignettes can be entertaining.   Also,  Carmella?  big yawn.  Another Corbin match?  Bigger yawn.

I would rather Reigns vs Bray as well because the match could be something .   All we can hope is the Reigns vs Goldberg can be just as interesting as the 4 or 5 minute Brock vs Goldberg match that really nobody thought would be good

I can't imagine Carmella vs Bayley being the WM match.   Although if Ripley is going to be with Charlotte and Becky is going to be around Shayna then I have no idea who you put with her except Sasha.  Is Bayley vs Ember Moon really any better?