DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Let’s all try to watch New Japan tomorrow, people.

I just noticed one of DVDVR review's favorite hellcats Mima Shimoda doing the translation for Dragon Lee. She is not translating Japanese to Spanish as much as translating crazy person talk to Spanish.

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Apropos of nothing, I just want to point out that between October 25th, 1999 and October 2nd, 2000 the WCW World Title was vacated 8 times.

Better than those vanilla midgets getting near it... brutha.

WCW title lineage at all levels is bonkers from 98-01

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I knew it was bad, especially the middle where there were like five straight reigns without a single one ending in a match, but fucking 8 in less than a year!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm going to predict that the XFL does really well ratings-wise the first week, but the audience roughly drops 50% every week for the first four weeks and it ends up being basically unwatched by the end of the first season. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I knew it was bad, especially the middle where there were like five straight reigns without a single one ending in a match, but fucking 8 in less than a year!

Any time I can post this, I will...

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I'm going to predict that the XFL does really well ratings-wise the first week, but the audience roughly drops 50% every week for the first four weeks and it ends up being basically unwatched by the end of the first season. 

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Apropos of nothing, I just want to point out that between October 25th, 1999 and October 2nd, 2000 the WCW World Title was vacated 8 times.

wrestling version of imperial Rome's "Year Of Four Emperors"

worked out about as well for one as it did for the other

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Well, the first weekend aired on major networks and the rest of the year minus the final and semi-finals are airing on smaller sister stations as far as I know.

If I was Fox I'd be happy if the XFL was able to pull close to the same ratings as their coverage of the bundesliga.

17 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Gonna be hard without Mox or Jericho. That hurts more than no U.S. TV.

With Marty booking some of their talent, I'm sure some of those guys will get in ROH TV leading up to it. I'm sure you'll have some ROH guys on the Show. I read that Viceland tv wants NJPW on their Channel 

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

With Marty booking some of their talent, I'm sure some of those guys will get in ROH TV leading up to it. I'm sure you'll have some ROH guys on the Show. I read that Viceland tv wants NJPW on their Channel 

Even with that, I think 8,000-8,500 would be a big win. Ten thousand is a bit ambitious with no American stars. I think the fans want to a true New Japan show, but there is a ceiling to that too right now.