DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't recall there being any giveaways in Philly. I'm also going to the Newark show, not in the front row, but on the floor level.

My lady and I are debating going. It's like a three hour ride and we'll be paying $60 per seat plus fees to sit in outer space, but even so, I'm considering going just because I'll never stop kicking myself for missing ECW near me in 99 or 2000, so if for whatever reason things don't work out I'd like to experience it

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

My lady and I are debating going. It's like a three hour ride and we'll be paying $60 per seat plus fees to sit in outer space, but even so, I'm considering going just because I'll never stop kicking myself for missing ECW near me in 99 or 2000, so if for whatever reason things don't work out I'd like to experience it

FWIW, I was there last week and have never felt like I got more for my money than that show. And that includes a Wrestlemania, albeit the shitty one...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stinger12 said:

Question to anyone that has been to Dynamite.   Do they have any signings before the show? Or giveaways to the ringside? Going to show in Newark. Front row. Was wondering 

I was at the first one and they didn't do anything like that until a couple shows in. But aside from stuff before the show if you can stick around until after Dark tapings are done. When they can some of the Elite crew will come out and say/do whatever. Front row will guarantee interacting with them. 

• Like 1

Oh, to be part of the conversation about seeing Dynamite live. When are they going to get their act together bring the crew over to Oz, or any other foreign country like UK? Although last I checked, ratings were not looking so hot for UK so they may be consolidating their US base a while longer before venturing overseas.

Yes, this post is composed entirely of entitlement and first-world problems. But dammit, surely 'overseas tour' belongs before 'fully articulated action figures' on the national wrestling promotion tech tree?

• Like 1

I'm watching the "History of the World Heavyweight Championship" documentary WWE put out years back.. First time I've watched it in years and years.

There's a bit where they talk about the dark days of the WCW title. And the voice over says something about "there were some dubious champions" while showing Jarrett, Russo, Arquette, and... Sid?!? with the belt.

Putting aside how anyone feels about Sid good or bad... The fucking WWF gave him their belt twice and even had him headline a WrestleMania. Fucking hell.

/Rant

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Putting aside how anyone feels about Sid good or bad... The fucking WWF gave him their belt twice and even had him headline a WrestleMania. Fucking hell.

They wrote, and directed a Warrior DVD that wasn’t kind to him, and then said to Bret “If you don’t come back...”. Of course years later they brought him back, and named an award after the unapologetic bigot. “But he uhhhhhh... Did business with us again so fuck you”. The WWE is a very powerful company, and they love to exert their power over history.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They wrote, and directed a Warrior DVD that wasn’t kind to him, and then said to Bret “If you don’t come back...”. Of course years later they brought him back, and named an award after the unapologetic bigot. “But he uhhhhhh... Did business with us again so fuck you”. The WWE is a very powerful company, and they love to exert their power over history.

I mean, yes, I'm well aware of all that. But as far as I know, they weren't having any issues with Sid, and it literally buries WWE every bit as much as it did WCW.

Granted, it's not quite as insane as the WCW documentary that I don't think ever once even said the word "Sting"

They just did a network documentary where they said the reason they changed the name of the company from WWF to WWE was because it was a marketing move they came up with themselves, with no outside pressure at all. Nothing to do with pandas at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

They just did a network documentary where they said the reason they changed the name of the company from WWF to WWE was because it was a marketing move they came up with themselves, with no outside pressure at all. Nothing to do with pandas at all.

The WWE essentially marked the end of my following. For some odd reason I could never get behind that.

Edited by Wyld Samurai
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Custos said:

Oh, to be part of the conversation about seeing Dynamite live. When are they going to get their act together bring the crew over to Oz, or any other foreign country like UK? Although last I checked, ratings were not looking so hot for UK so they may be consolidating their US base a while longer before venturing overseas.

Yes, this post is composed entirely of entitlement and first-world problems. But dammit, surely 'overseas tour' belongs before 'fully articulated action figures' on the national wrestling promotion tech tree?

FWIW Cody in a recent media call hinted at going to the UK later this year.  He played it like he spilled the beans on something but all goes well he's looking at there and Germany.  There was also mention of Canada too so we'll see how things play out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The WWE essentially marked the end of my following. For some odd reason I could never get behind that.

I had fallen off wrestling around that time and I was only vaguely aware of a name change, but I remember being in Times Square around then and dragging my family into WWF New York/The World. The restaurant was closed and the gift shop seemed to have no employees and a single clearance rack with only the Get the F Out shirts. It was a weird way to find out. 

37 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

But it could be any outsider that could shake the very foundation of our wrestling community. Heck it could be former Smackdown director Eric Bischoff. Completing the promise of over 20 years ago.

Maybe we are finally getting the finale to Blood Runs Cold!

Listen I get it has nothing to do with this angle, but before they reveal the identity of the Exalted One, they should just film an empty white Hummer parked in the garage. Then have Schiavone say the words “Could that be the Exalted One’s Hummer”. I don’t care if they have to buy it off EBay. I just need them to wrap up that storyline.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It says Join Dark Order. You can tell because of the Os and Rs being the same. But Sami Callihan's twitter is all binary gibberish right now (because he went into a cybersulk after losing the Impact World title to Tessa Blanchard), so 2+2=5 Sami is the exalted one.

For anyone who actually joined, is there a Leave Dark Order option, once you're in? Because if you were expecting your secret leader to be Matt Hardly and it turned out to be Sami Gallivant, I can see how you might quit.

Autocorrects but I'm not arsed.

6 hours ago, Custos said:

They don't do house shows. Are they just supposed to show up in Australia for one television show?