DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Have Liger and Danielson ever wrestled eachother?

11/5/2004- ROH Weekend of Thunder Night 1-Liger defeated Danielson

11/6/2004- Weekend of Thunder Night 2- Liger & Samoa Joe defeated Danielson & Low-Ki.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

That's way more like every MMA shirt.  Those are usually soft though.

The last wrestling shirt I bought just says TELL YOUR LITTLE BABY DORK ASS FRIENDS TO WATCH WRESTLING.  Unless I bought the one that looks like Mr. Pogo on a Ghana movie poster first.  But I have the other one in-hand.

Exactly. WWE shirts right now don't look like weak Ed Hardy ripoffs.

They look like the weak non-licensed shirts you'd get at Walmart or Kohl's that badly want to be as snarky as the Spencer Gifts T-shirts, but still have to be clean enough so the mother of the 7 year old who wants it will let them wear it...just not at school or around the family.

• Haha 1

Had a dream about wrestling (kind of) just there, after watching Dynamite.  My band got offered a gig playing as a backing band for Darby Allin.  

We didn’t practice or listen to any of his songs but when we went on stage he said “just wing it, all the songs are just C and D chords”.  And also, I was naked on stage.

Gotta love a good anxiety / wrestling dream.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Had a dream about wrestling (kind of) just there, after watching Dynamite.  My band got offered a gig playing as a backing band for Darby Allin.  

We didn’t practice or listen to any of his songs but when we went on stage he said “just wing it, all the songs are just C and D chords”.  And also, I was naked on stage.

Gotta love a good anxiety / wrestling dream.

Blues riff in B, watch him for the changes and try to keep up?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So I had a wrestling dream a bit ago. We were at a fever-dream carnival and at the end of the night there was supposed to be a wrestling match featuring the Honkey Tonk Man. So we walked to this stage with a curtain and when it rose up it was just a killed jobber with pieces of a busted guitar laying around. That's it, shows over.

The strange thing is apparently this was the funniest GD thing I ever saw because I was laughing so hard it woke me up. Then I couldn't stop laughing and my wife woke up and was wondering what the hell was wrong with me and what was so funny. And it still makes me laugh a little.

And before anyone suggests it, I'll print this post out and take it to therapy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

So I had a wrestling dream a bit ago. We were at a fever-dream carnival and at the end of the night there was supposed to be a wrestling match featuring the Honkey Tonk Man. So we walked to this stage with a curtain and when it rose up it was just a killed jobber with pieces of a busted guitar laying around. That's it, shows over.

The strange thing is apparently this was the funniest GD thing I ever saw because I was laughing so hard it woke me up. Then I couldn't stop laughing and my wife woke up and was wondering what the hell was wrong with me and what was so funny. And it still makes me laugh a little.

And before anyone suggests it, I'll print this post out and take it to therapy.

I know this is usually a no judgement zone, but I'd wake up and jump out the window if I dreamed of a Honky Tonk Man match.  

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

11/5/2004- ROH Weekend of Thunder Night 1-Liger defeated Danielson

11/6/2004- Weekend of Thunder Night 2- Liger & Samoa Joe defeated Danielson & Low-Ki.

Plus 26 matches in NJPW (credit to cagematch.de):

14.10.2002    Jushin Thunder Liger, Masahito Kakihara & Tiger Mask defeated American Dragon, Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero (12:26)
20.10.2002    American Dragon, Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero defeated Heat, Jushin Thunder Liger & Masahito Kakihara (11:17)
25.10.2002    American Dragon, Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero defeated Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Wataru Inoue (14:21)
26.10.2002    Junior Triathlon Survivor Tournament Semi Final: Heat, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask defeated American Dragon & Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero) [2:1] (15:00)
03.11.2002    Jushin Thunder Liger & Yuji Nagata defeated American Dragon & Scott Norton (16:56)
06.03.2003    Jushin Thunder Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita defeated American Dragon, Stampede Kid & Tiger Mask (14:10)
11.03.2003    El Samurai & Jushin Thunder Liger defeated American Dragon & Stampede Kid (13:21)
14.03.2003    AKIRA, American Dragon, Heat & Stampede Kid defeated Gedo, Jado, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto (14:26)
17.03.2003    AKIRA, American Dragon, Masahito Kakihara & Stampede Kid defeated Gedo, Jado, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto (9:27)
20.03.2003    Gedo, Jushin Thunder Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita defeated AKIRA, American Dragon, Heat & Stampede Kid (12:11)
23.03.2003    American Dragon, Heat & Stampede Kid defeated Gedo, Jado & Jushin Thunder Liger (11:21)
24.11.2003    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Qualification Tournament Semi Final: El Samurai & Jushin Thunder Liger defeated American Dragon & Katsushi Takemura (13:31)
26.11.2003    Gedo, Jado & Katsushi Takemura defeated American Dragon, Jushin Thunder Liger & Wataru Inoue (11:29)
30.11.2003    Eight Man Elimination: American Dragon, El Samurai, Jushin Thunder Liger & Wataru Inoue defeated Dick Togo, Gedo, Jado & Katsushi Takemura (26:14)
05.12.2003    El Samurai & Jushin Thunder Liger defeated American Dragon & Tiger Mask (11:38)
07.12.2003    American Dragon & Shinya Makabe defeated Jushin Thunder Liger & Yutaka Yoshie (13:36)
11.12.2003    Jushin Thunder Liger & Yuji Nagata defeated American Dragon & Scott Norton (14:18)
31.01.2004    New Japan Rumble: Curry Man defeated American Dragon und Gedo und Heat und Jado und Jushin Thunder Liger und Katsushi Takemura und Koji Kanemoto und Ryusuke Taguchi und Tiger Mask (29:06)
12.02.2004    Heat, Masayuki Naruse & Tiger Mask vs. American Dragon, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto - Time Limit Draw (20:00)
12.02.2004    Heat, Masayuki Naruse & Tiger Mask vs. American Dragon, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto - Time Limit Draw (5:00)
13.02.2004    Heat, Masayuki Naruse & Tiger Mask defeated American Dragon, Curry Man & Jushin Thunder Liger (11:39)
19.03.2004    American Dragon, Curry Man & Scott Norton defeated El Samurai, Jushin Thunder Liger & Osamu Nishimura (14:14)
01.06.2004    Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger & Yuji Nagata defeated Pirates Gundan (Kensuke Sasaki & Manabu Nakanishi) & American Dragon (18:13)
07.06.2004    Best Of The Super Junior XI Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [7] defeated American Dragon [5] (13:10)
23.10.2004    American Dragon & James Gibson defeated CTU (Jushin Thunder Liger & Katsushi Takemura) (10:53)
30.11.2004    CTU (Jushin Thunder Liger & Minoru Tanaka)  American Dragon & James Gibson (10:07)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Plus 26 matches in NJPW (credit to cagematch.de):

14.10.2002    Jushin Thunder Liger, Masahito Kakihara & Tiger Mask defeated American Dragon, Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero (12:26)
20.10.2002    American Dragon, Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero defeated Heat, Jushin Thunder Liger & Masahito Kakihara (11:17)
25.10.2002    American Dragon, Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero defeated Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Wataru Inoue (14:21)
26.10.2002    Junior Triathlon Survivor Tournament Semi Final: Heat, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask defeated American Dragon & Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero) [2:1] (15:00)
03.11.2002    Jushin Thunder Liger & Yuji Nagata defeated American Dragon & Scott Norton (16:56)
06.03.2003    Jushin Thunder Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita defeated American Dragon, Stampede Kid & Tiger Mask (14:10)
11.03.2003    El Samurai & Jushin Thunder Liger defeated American Dragon & Stampede Kid (13:21)
14.03.2003    AKIRA, American Dragon, Heat & Stampede Kid defeated Gedo, Jado, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto (14:26)
17.03.2003    AKIRA, American Dragon, Masahito Kakihara & Stampede Kid defeated Gedo, Jado, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto (9:27)
20.03.2003    Gedo, Jushin Thunder Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita defeated AKIRA, American Dragon, Heat & Stampede Kid (12:11)
23.03.2003    American Dragon, Heat & Stampede Kid defeated Gedo, Jado & Jushin Thunder Liger (11:21)
24.11.2003    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Qualification Tournament Semi Final: El Samurai & Jushin Thunder Liger defeated American Dragon & Katsushi Takemura (13:31)
26.11.2003    Gedo, Jado & Katsushi Takemura defeated American Dragon, Jushin Thunder Liger & Wataru Inoue (11:29)
30.11.2003    Eight Man Elimination: American Dragon, El Samurai, Jushin Thunder Liger & Wataru Inoue defeated Dick Togo, Gedo, Jado & Katsushi Takemura (26:14)
05.12.2003    El Samurai & Jushin Thunder Liger defeated American Dragon & Tiger Mask (11:38)
07.12.2003    American Dragon & Shinya Makabe defeated Jushin Thunder Liger & Yutaka Yoshie (13:36)
11.12.2003    Jushin Thunder Liger & Yuji Nagata defeated American Dragon & Scott Norton (14:18)
31.01.2004    New Japan Rumble: Curry Man defeated American Dragon und Gedo und Heat und Jado und Jushin Thunder Liger und Katsushi Takemura und Koji Kanemoto und Ryusuke Taguchi und Tiger Mask (29:06)
12.02.2004    Heat, Masayuki Naruse & Tiger Mask vs. American Dragon, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto - Time Limit Draw (20:00)
12.02.2004    Heat, Masayuki Naruse & Tiger Mask vs. American Dragon, Jushin Thunder Liger & Koji Kanemoto - Time Limit Draw (5:00)
13.02.2004    Heat, Masayuki Naruse & Tiger Mask defeated American Dragon, Curry Man & Jushin Thunder Liger (11:39)
19.03.2004    American Dragon, Curry Man & Scott Norton defeated El Samurai, Jushin Thunder Liger & Osamu Nishimura (14:14)
01.06.2004    Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger & Yuji Nagata defeated Pirates Gundan (Kensuke Sasaki & Manabu Nakanishi) & American Dragon (18:13)
07.06.2004    Best Of The Super Junior XI Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [7] defeated American Dragon [5] (13:10)
23.10.2004    American Dragon & James Gibson defeated CTU (Jushin Thunder Liger & Katsushi Takemura) (10:53)
30.11.2004    CTU (Jushin Thunder Liger & Minoru Tanaka)  American Dragon & James Gibson (10:07)

I have some homework to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Stampede Kid is Tyson Kidd if anyone was wondering, had to look it up. 

Every time I think of him I think of that damn Muscle Buster. Does Joe even use it anymore after that? And what is Kidd up to these days?

He's a producer/agent for WWE these days.

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Stampede Kid is Tyson Kidd if anyone was wondering, had to look it up. 

Every time I think of him I think of that damn Muscle Buster. Does Joe even use it anymore after that? And what is Kidd up to these days?

Wasn't his neck in the kind of condition that his injury was inevitable?  I know the Muscle Buster looks like it can cause a neck injury, but from everything I read his injury was from the fact that there was something fundamentally wrong with the structure of his neck.