DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Please keep all the WWE Business, Sales, Company is about to fold talk in the other thread

I mean I know you won't since some of you love to cover NXT and Indies stuff in here when they are already in their own folders

• RIPPA pinned this topic
23 minutes ago, John Austin said:

Question. What's the deal with Joe? Is he suspended or injured or both? I reading different accounts on it.

Injured. He still hasn't gotten cleared from his concussion

The suspended stuff was the usual shaddy sites making shit up. it has been debunked by multiple people but as per usual that doesnt mean it isnt running wild.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Please keep all the WWE Business, Sales, Company is about to fold talk in the other thread

I mean I know you won't since some of you love to cover NXT and Indies stuff in here when they are already in their own folders

I get that they have a folder but isn't this the "wrestling' thread for the month? I'm probably reading it wrong but I always assumed that anything happening in current month that impacted wrestling would go here?  Otherwise there would be no need for this thread as we could just post in said appropriate folder. 

• Like 1

This is an odd story. Brett Dibiase was arrested in connection with an embezzlement scheme involving the former director of Human Services for Mississippi. The director was apparently diverting funds from a welfare program to give Dibiase a no-show job while he was actually in rehab out of state.

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/02/05/former-welfare-agency-head-others-arrested-for-embezzling-millions-intended-for-poor-mississippians/

11 minutes ago, (BP) said:

This is an odd story. Brett Dibiase was arrested in connection with an embezzlement scheme involving the former director of Human Services for Mississippi. The director was apparently diverting funds from a welfare program to give Dibiase a no-show job while he was actually in rehab out of state.

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/02/05/former-welfare-agency-head-others-arrested-for-embezzling-millions-intended-for-poor-mississippians/

Everybody's got a price

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I get that they have a folder but isn't this the "wrestling' thread for the month? I'm probably reading it wrong but I always assumed that anything happening in current month that impacted wrestling would go here?  Otherwise there would be no need for this thread as we could just post in said appropriate folder. 

The omnibus thread is for miscellaneous wrestling talk - things that don't have a clear place in a specific thread. There's no reason to be having the same conversation in several different threads, or have the same gifs posted across multiple threads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

My home state, ladies and gentlemen.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Gentlemen, this is the war room, there's no fighting allowed in here!

I know of No Holds Barred and Body Slam, are there any other wrestling-centric movies worth checking out?

The Peter Falk wrestling movie All The Marbles is pretty darn underrated silly wrestling movie. It also has a pretty great almost unedited woman’s tag team match near the end that’s just as good as the AJW tag matches from that period.

You can rent it off Amazon Prime Video.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 4

Second All the Marbles, watched it a couple months ago and it is lots of fun. And, yes, the final match is great.

For my own pick, Night and the City is one of the better noir films made. A hustler attempts to get into the wrestling business and the usual doublecrosses and murders ensue. Features Stanislaus Zbyszko and Mike Mazurki, who co-founded the Cauliflower Alley Club.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/02/05/former-welfare-agency-head-others-arrested-for-embezzling-millions-intended-for-poor-Mississippians/

Not just a no-show job, but a no-show job that was supposed to be him teaching classes about drug abuse! Fucking scumbags. I work in social service, and I watch a lot of money flowing freely to places I think it shouldn't be, but goddamn. That is some double shady shit.