DVDVR Message Board

Super ShowDown III - 2/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Card is starting to come together.  Note, they're running the show on a Thursday, so half of the roster will need to scramble to get from Riyadh to Boston for Smackdown the next night. That worked out well last time! 

Here's what's on tap:

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Ricochet

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - The Fiend Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Goldberg

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The New Day (c) vs. John Morrison & The Miz

FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth Rollins/Buddy Murphy (c) vs. The Street Profits

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bayley (c) vs. Carmella OR Naomi

TUWAIQ TROPHY GAUNTLET MATCH ** - Andrade vs. AJ Styles vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Erick Rowan vs. R-Truth vs. Rusev Rey Mysterio

STEEL CAGE MATCH - Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin

Mansoor defeats Dolph Ziggler

Angel Garza vs Humberto Carrillo

The Viking Raiders vs The OC

Hulk Hogan appearance (confirmed by PWI)

---

Updated as they announce. 

** - Order TBD

I would assume its Goldberg/Reigns since the Fiend was supposedly taking on Kane (and I can't imagine Goldberg showing up on SDL for anyone other than one of those two)

Of course - I think the WWE has totally forgotten about the whole Kane/Fiend thing so who the fuck knows

• Like 1

The smart thing would be for them to not have damn near everybody on the roster there so there's plenty of talent on hand for Smackdown that week.  This way even if there's travel woes there's no issue with getting the show together.

The smarter thing would be to not do these stupid shows anymore but no need to say much further than that.

• Thanks 3

Presumably after last time, a lot of people will be very keen on not going, or will be asking for a more significant level of financial persuasion before agreeing to. So probably no undercard Battle Royale or anything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

Presumably after last time, a lot of people will be very keen on not going, or will be asking for a more significant level of financial persuasion before agreeing to. So probably no undercard Battle Royale or anything.

That's the only thing I'm interested in with what happened last time out. There's no fucking way I'd go even before that. I'd be with Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Aleister Black and the women wrestlers.

Edited by The Natural

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I would assume its Goldberg/Reigns since the Fiend was supposedly taking on Kane (and I can't imagine Goldberg showing up on SDL for anyone other than one of those two)

Of course - I think the WWE has totally forgotten about the whole Kane/Fiend thing so who the fuck knows

Goldberg vs. Locker Room Door or Ring Post.

Apparently at one point - the WWE said the Bayley/Carmella match was to be on the show but that was in an email sent out promoting SDL

On the actual show - there was no mention of it being here so who knows

On 2/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, Go2Sleep said:

Brock vs. Ricochet could be fun, but no way it lasts longer than 2 minutes.

Real American Hulk Hogan having to pander to the Saudi prince is pathetically hilarious.

"...when I slam him, brother, from Jeddah to Aqaba brother, the fault line's gonna open up, as he falls into the Gulf of Aden brother, as all my opponents fall into the Gulf of Aden after I pin him, and as the Dome of the Rock collapses, brother, PRAISE ALLAH the crown prince is a Hulkamaniac, he's gonna let go of all his worldly possessions, put his wives and his children all on the Hulkster's back, brother, and I'm gonna dog paddle to safety, because WHAT CHA GONNA DO?"

• Haha 7

also congratulations (?) to the WWE graphics department for being as good at making everybody look the same as WWE developmental because I literally can't tell Rusev and Andrade apart anymore without the US belt to help me out

55 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

"...when I slam him, brother, from Jeddah to Aqaba brother, the fault line's gonna open up, as he falls into the Gulf of Aden brother, as all my opponents fall into the Gulf of Aden after I pin him, and as the Dome of the Rock collapses, brother, PRAISE ALLAH the crown prince is a Hulkamaniac, he's gonna let go of all his worldly possessions, put his wives and his children all on the Hulkster's back, brother, and I'm gonna dog paddle to safety, because WHAT CHA GONNA DO?"

You win.

• Like 1