DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Feb 2020

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

All the other stuff the company does has really good distribution.

Well in that case that is very good news.  I'll still play it safe and buy online but will take a peek on the chance I find a limited/rare figure.

Me and a friend did the Hot Ones thing only with different sauces one night, considering he had built up a fridge full of about twenty different ones. Dave's Insanity was the finale and is the most wrenching thing I've ever tasted. Him and his partner's brother made a Bloody Mary with half a bottle of it one morning (the cap fell off or something) and it ended up going down and coming right out both ends. 

I've seen a couple episodes and the Gordon Ramsey one that I skipped to the end to was the best because that asshole put out his own line of sauces that I got for Xmas and he couldn't hack it at all. It's on TV now after the challenge show if you want to watch it off the internet.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I didn't realize that Gordon Ramsey did his own line of sauces.

Also, dumping a half a bottle of that hot sauce into a bloody mary sounds awful.

I got that line of sauces for Christmas and while it's not bad for $9 it's not that great either.  And you know he didn't go anywhere near that shit as he likely had others taste it and just slapped his name on everything once that was done.

And yeah, he was bitching the whole time about the sauces to such an extreme measure that it was just so painfully lame.  I get the need for milk or something but he pulled out so many tricks to quell the heat that even the host for a sec had a look of "Dude, really?"

As for the game show it's cheesy but I honestly liked the first episode.  Not sure how well this will hold up with multiple episodes but I'm up for it.

8 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Nothing is worse than the DJ Khaled episode, where he said something like, "now look, even if I ask to stop, that doesn't mean I quit."

Uh, yeah.  Yeah, it does.

That annoyed the hell out of me. Nearly everyone makes it through all 10 wings/cauliflower bites, but it's the few people who try to act so hard and tough that don't make it through it.

And Chrissy Teigen was an animal on her episode.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Also, dumping a half a bottle of that hot sauce into a bloody mary sounds awful.

Well, it was an accident that ended up in a dare that ended up in vomiting and diarrhea. It was only partly consensual. You also have to take in mind they were still well over the legal limit when they woke up. 

It was funny, the hottest Ramsay sauce wasn't the Ghost Pepper one but instead the Habenero. Either they mislabeled it or just didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am super excited about this. His rapid evolution going from "well, he's not Fale I guess," to "oh fuck yeah, Archer rules!" has only been surpassed by Cody's obvious Observer Most Improved Award type of 2019. Great tag guy, great singles guy, uses his size, has a psychopath aura, can talk in a way a big psychopath should talk and is always in character. He's not going to be carrying green guys to 4 star classics but he plays his role incredibly well and is able to do high end matches with the right opponents. AEW needs more aggro big men and he is perfect for this company. I also take it he's not the exalted one with this rather limp dick pre-Dynamite style of debut.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Cody's already booked in a feud though. ?

Then, it should be Dustin after the Hager match at Revolution. No, I'm not saying Archer should be in the Inner Circle, rather Archer should just attack whomever the hell he wants.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Lancer Archer - a 42-year old midcard big man with personality & a newly-discovered knack for working as a base for Ospreay/Ibushi types in singles matches. His upside isn't exactly limitless but I can't imagine a better place for him than 10-minute Dynamite matches.

• Like 1

Now he would be perfect for a midcard title. He should be their gatekeeper that wins the large majority of his matches but when somebody like a Jungle Boy, Darby, or Luchasaurus is ready to move up into the main event scene, they beat Archer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Lancer Archer - a 42-year old midcard big man with personality & a newly-discovered knack for working as a base for Ospreay/Ibushi types in singles matches. His upside isn't exactly limitless but I can't imagine a better place for him than 10-minute Dynamite matches.

I bet he's the first guy to get a good match out of Kip Sabian

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

I wouldn't hate if they went full Brody with him and he was neither good nor evil but an agent of chaos. Chaotic Neutral (that's the one!) Archer would be fucking great. Like 911 that could wrestle and looked scary.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 4

Maybe they can get Christy Hemme to come back and manage him again. I bet she's still got it. <does a quick google>

She had quadruplets? Two years ago? On her first child's third birthday? All five of her kids have the same Birthday? How unlikely~!