DVDVR Message Board

SMACK super DOWN - 1/31/20

Dolfan in NYC

Braun winning the IC title was cool. Sami's reaction to Elias was funny. Good to see Naomi back and in the title picture. Looking forward to the Otis/Mandy date on Valentines day. They finally got Gran Metalik out of catering.

The fatal 4-way tag was fun.

Otis asking out Mandy and getting a yes was a neat moment.

Braun/Shin was decent enough. I'm mostly just happy to see Braun finally win a singles title even if its 2-3 years later than he should have.

Naomi's latest addition to her entrance was awesome. glad to see her vs. Bayley getting built. Naomi was exactly who Bayley was missing all these months as a face rival.

Hopefully tonight was the end of the Roman vs. Corbin feud. Roman deserves something more interesting than 3-4 months feuding Corbin, and that is coming from someone who actually likes Corbin.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The fatal 4-way tag was fun.

Otis asking out Mandy and getting a yes was a neat moment.

Braun/Shin was decent enough. I'm mostly just happy to see Braun finally win a singles title even if its 2-3 years later than he should have.

Naomi's latest addition to her entrance was awesome. glad to see her vs. Bayley getting built. Naomi was exactly who Bayley was missing all these months as a face rival.

Hopefully tonight was the end of the Roman vs. Corbin feud. Roman deserves something more interesting than 3-4 months feuding Corbin, and that is coming from someone who actually likes Corbin.

I agree on all counts.

Seriously someone needs to Bruce Pritchard that it isn't 1987 and he isn't Jerry Jarrett.   The FOX executives have to not be paying attention to this show because there is no way they though this is what they were getting

Reigns has to win the title at Wrestlemania because the idea of going 3 or 4 months on a Baron Corbin mostly built around dog food and NOT getting some reward is almost criminal

That Fatal 4 way tag had some really sloppy moments. Otis came in house of fire* and managed to bodyslam one of the Revival without using his arms.

* Is it House Of Fire, or House Afire? I mean, they mean the same thing anyway, it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I know I should have hated it, but the whole Corbin getting dumped with dog food thing had me laughing my ass off. 

All that was missing was a dog licking his face "ITS OK CORBIN...NOM NOM NOM". 

Edited by Phantom Lord

So if you watch this show in Canada, they've been running ads for weeks about one of the upcoming shows featuring Baron Corbin vs. Roman Reigns where "the loser has to eat dog food!" and I thought "That's weird" followed by "I'm surprised they never did that on TV".  I'd just like to point out that Corbin did not "Eat dog food", he had dog food poured over his head and thrown on him.  He did not eat it.  I want my money back.

Since we all think Mandy is going to turn on Otis, it would be fun if she didn't, like the Alexa-Cross pairing.  Just make them a happy couple.  The only problem with that is that it would almost certainly lead to Sonya Deville being the evil, jealous lesbian angle but one thing at a time.

I enjoyed Baron Corbin's shooty "jab" at the Usos being completely laughed off by the Usos.

I also like that they basically just re-did the Baron Corbin-Chad Gable feud with Sheamus-Gable: short jokes, small face repeatedly losing to the big heel.  The only thing they missed this time around was the good matches and shortening Gable's name some more.  Maybe he can start calling himself "Short G", then "Sho G" and finally just "G".

I guess this wasn't a bad show considering it was Smackdown without Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, New Day, or Sasha Banks.  I mean that's a LOT of people not on the show.

So where does Roman go from here if not staying with Corbin until the Chamber?

I assume he wins there and takes the title from Bray at Mania.

Oh how I wish they could just let guys take time off. Keep Roman and Corbin off TV and annouce both will be back for the Chamber match.

When is Xavier Woods back? I feel like New Day vs Bloodline is a super fun 6 man feud for post Mania while The Fiend takes some time away.

13 hours ago, caley said:

So if you watch this show in Canada, they've been running ads for weeks about one of the upcoming shows featuring Baron Corbin vs. Roman Reigns where "the loser has to eat dog food!" and I thought "That's weird" followed by "I'm surprised they never did that on TV".  

Wasn't that a stipulation for a British Bulldog match? Maybe at SummerSlam '97 when all the Harts had stip matches?

15 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wasn't that a stipulation for a British Bulldog match? Maybe at SummerSlam '97 when all the Harts had stip matches?

Bret challenging for the world belt

Owen defending the IC Belt

Pillman "if he loses he wears a dress until he wins again" vs Goldust

Davey Boy "eats dog food if he loses" vs Shamrock[?]

and I don't think they bothered with anything for Neidhart though I assumed he was "manager" for some/all of the other four

Davey eating dog food if he lost being separate (and from a totally different run) as the time he got rock bottomed into a tray of dog shit

It's a struggle to keep 'em separate until I talk them out to remind myself

(which first requires convincing myself this shit is worth a reminder...)

11 hours ago, L_W_P said:

When is Xavier Woods back? I feel like New Day vs Bloodline is a super fun 6 man feud for post Mania while The Fiend takes some time away.

I think he is still months away, based on what I think I remember he said on the pod or UUDD.

7 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Davey eating dog food if he lost being separate (and from a totally different run) as the time he got rock bottomed into a tray of dog shit

which was post-Montreal screwjob and led to Bret writing a particularly nasty bit of business about Davey in his newspaper column "rolling around in shit like the dog he is" or some such that he ended up regretting.