DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover Portland - 2/16/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Portland has a PPV for the first time in over 11 years.  Here's the card:

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP ♂ - Adam Cole (Bay Bay, c) vs. Tommaso Ciampa

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP ♀ - Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Bianca Bel Air

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Undisputed Era (Fish/O'Reilly) vs. The Broserweights (Riddle/Dunne)

FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - Keith Lee (c) vs. Dominic Dijakovic

FOR THE NXT CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP * - Jordan Devlin (c) vs. Lio Rush

STREET FIGHT - Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai

Johnny Gargano vs. Finn Bálor

--

* - Probable

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to NXT Takeover Portland - 2/16/2020
2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Portland has a PPV for the first time in over 11 years.  Here's the card:

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP ♂ - Adam Cole (Bay Bay, c) vs. Tommaso Ciampa

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP ♀ - Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Bianca Bel Air

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Undisputed Era (Fish/O'Reilly) vs. The Broserweights (Riddle/Dunne)

FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP* - Keith Lee (c) vs. Dominic Dijakovic

Johnny Gargano vs. Finn Bálor

--

* - Probable

I'm liking all the confirmed matches. Thinking this is where Undisputed Era's Adam Cole drops the NXT Championship and Kyle O'Reilly/Bobby Fish the NXT Tag Team Titles before getting called up to the main roster post WrestleMania XXXVI.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:07 AM, The Natural said:

I think Dolfan's probable might be replaced by Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai in a gimmick match.

They just announced it and it will be a Street Fight

So there is your card

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So there is your card

With the way the last match ended its weird since Kai is now going to have to find a way to stop the dastardly faces from murdering her in a street fight where everything is legal. 

On 2/1/2020 at 2:49 PM, RIPPA said:

So there is your card

Eh.  They're running this on a Sunday.  They may actually run the three hours, in which case the NA Title match could still happen. 

I mean, I'd want to be showcasing Keith Lee as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

It's really not a great look to have a newly-crowned black champ sit out black history month, particularly when it's almost a lock that Bianca doesn't go over Rhea.

Then they should have held off Lee winning until this month. ?

Well, they're doing Bel Air and Ripley for the title on TV this week. I'm guessing so they can have Rhea get the defense out of the way and begin the build with Charlotte to Mania. So now it's back down to 4 matches, with Lee/Dijakovic for the NA title likely to be added to get back up to 5.

They stated the build tonight anyways so I'm not sure why Rhea/Bianca was moved to this week. Rhea/Toni happened even when they were building to rhea/Bianca. I wonder if they just wanted Takeover to be five makes in general.

I'm interested in every match on the show. All of them should deliver. I fancy Kyle O'Reilly/Bobby Fish vs. BroserWeights to be the MOTN. Wish this show was on the usual Saturday night, early hours of Sunday morning UK time instead of the early hours of Monday morning here.

I just realized that this show is only tomorrow. The best thing about NXT shows for us Europeans is, that we can either watch it live without being zombies on work on Monday or can comfortably watch it on Sunday afternoon. Now that they have the shows on Sundays as well, that part of the appeal is gone.

Edited by Robert s
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Robert s said:

I just realized that this show is only tomorrow. The best thing about NXT shows for us Europeans is, that we can either watch it live without being zombies on work on Monday or can comfortably watch it on Sunday afternoon. Now that they have the shows on Sundays as well, that part of the appeal is gone.

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

Wish this show was on the usual Saturday night, early hours of Sunday morning UK time instead of the early hours of Monday morning here.

Great minds think alike so the saying goes.