DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 1/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Not seeing it with Shotzi. Her offense is light as a feather and her whole schtick is some Why Be Normal/Bugsy McGraw punishment. 

Deonna has improved so damn much lately. She's tightened everything up in the ring and she has one of the best looks in the company. I don't know why she doesn't get more of a push. Her offense actually looked like it hurt and just on optics alone, her losing is nonsense. 

Boy Trent Seven didn't get much in, every time I looked up Finn was beating him pillar to post. It's funny seeing a tubby, ugly guy in against male model substitute Finn. 

Deonna got that Bayley booty. 

Priest shows once again why we need to cancel the Poison Rana. Nobody ever gets a pin with it. Speaking of Priest is he the second coming of Kanyon? He even busted out a Flatliner (one of my favorite moves as a kid. I don't know why, it looks terrible today.) Somebody needs to tell him to hold the damn mic right too. 

Somebody also needs to make one of those "how you feel from 1-9" face things for Regal if there isn't one already. At least two need to be him with the bugeyes that he always uses now. Gotta wonder if the blood was planned, either way it was AWESOME. You can tell Vince has already written off NXT by that getting through. 

Matches involving Riddle need to not allowed to go over 8-10 minutes, there were so many fucking spots and false finishes. The ref could have stood to kick two guys out of the ring through at least half of it. 

This was a really solid NXT. I didn't even have to mute Mauro or the crowd once!

I really liked the Nox/Kai match, although they would've been better off with a no decision here instead of Tegan getting a pin already. I doubt it hurts Dakota too much since the feud's obviously not over. This type of sprint and the Balor/Seven extended squash are the kind of matches NXT needs more of to balance the overkill stuff.

Have they explained anywhere who Robert Stone is, or is he an indy personality I should be aware of? Chelsea Green doing the early MVP gimmick is falling flat for me.

I dig the Broserweights. Their matches are always going to be fun (even though I think they're missing some opportunities to work more submission based stuff in), plus their promo dynamic is incredible.

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Boy Trent Seven didn't get much in, every time I looked up Finn was beating him pillar to post. It's funny seeing a tubby, ugly guy in against male model substitute Finn. 

Deonna got that Bayley booty. 

Priest shows once again why we need to cancel the Poison Rana. Nobody ever gets a pin with it. Speaking of Priest is he the second coming of Kanyon? He even busted out a Flatliner (one of my favorite moves as a kid. I don't know why, it looks terrible today.) Somebody needs to tell him to hold the damn mic right too. 

Somebody also needs to make one of those "how you feel from 1-9" face things for Regal if there isn't one already. At least two need to be him with the bugeyes that he always uses now. Gotta wonder if the blood was planned, either way it was AWESOME. You can tell Vince has already written off NXT by that getting through. 

Matches involving Riddle need to not allowed to go over 8-10 minutes, there were so many fucking spots and false finishes. The ref could have stood to kick two guys out of the ring through at least half of it. 

This was a really solid NXT. I didn't even have to mute Mauro or the crowd once!

Yeah, the Poison Rana/Reverse Rana makes me cringe. I've called for that one to go here.