DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 1/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

There's a Takeover in 3 weeks, so they've got a lot to do.  On tap:

THE 2020 DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC FINALS* - Grizzled Young Veterans vs. Joint Manipulation (Riddle/Dunne)

NXT Champion Adam Cole's Takeover Opponent Revealed 

Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai

What's next for new NXT NA Champion Keith Lee

*- Winner receives a tag team title shot at Takeover: Portland

I'm assuming the Broserweights win and take the tag titles in Portland.

Nox/Kai has to end in some kind of bs finish. We need a stip for a rematch in Portland. Will be interesting to see who wins this feud. By all rights it should be Dakota to set her up as a challenger for Rhea, but they seem to like Nox a decent bit.

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Enough of this bullshit (although I do love this Teagen/Dakota feud so),  Shotzi Blackheart got to bring her tank to NXT

That's quite a lot like the Tank Sammy Guevara had at the weekend, when he was doing the Steiner Math promo outside the WWE show.

EPf-dscX4AAAgxe?format=jpg&name=small

Great finals of the 2020 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic between the BroserWeights and the Grizzled Young Veterans. Kudos to whoever put Dunne and Riddle together as a makeshift team. This was the best Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic yet.

Edited by The Natural

Dijakovic/Priest was solid enough

Dug Ciampa taking out UE and signing the contract to take on Cole.

Shotzi/Deonna as decent enough. I love the tank entrance for Shotzi.

Chelsea/Carter seemed kind of counter productive for Green unless they have her murder Kayden later on.

Kai/Nox was actually a bit disappointing. I was expecting a little stronger hate. Nox already getting the win also feels kind of wrong. I'm goign to be very disappointed if Kai doesn't take out Nox and Candice over the next few weeks.

GYV vs. Broseweights was good even with the expected overkill. Dunne and Riddle are easily the best of the randomly thrown together Dusty Classic teams so far. This was probably the best finals we have had and the best tournament in general. Really glad the UK had such a large presence this year.

1 hour ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Pete Dunne essentially no sold a Herbert Meltzer Driver. I honestly thought that match was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I originally thought it was a shoulder breaker.

It was a shoulder breaker. Ranallo mistakenly called it a tombstone. Its one of GYV's normal double teams.

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1

I really like Shotzi. She’s got a really rough style that fits the character. Nice chemistry with Deonna too. Hopefully this is not the last of their issues with one another. 

Same with Tegan and Dakota. I think there’s a lot more that can be done with this feud. Dakota has got to get an equalizer to help her take out both Tegan and Candice.

If this is the beginning of Chelsea’s slow descent into madness, I wouldn’t be upset. 

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

GYV vs. Broseweights was good even with the expected overkill. Dunne and Riddle are easily the best of the randomly thrown together Dusty Classic teams so far. This was probably the best finals we have had and the best tournament in general. Really glad the UK had such a large presence this year.

It was a shoulder breaker. Ranallo mistakenly called it a tombstone. Its one of GYV's normal double teams.

Cheers for confirming, @Eivion.

That this was pretty average on the whole with a great angle between Ciampa and Cole and a great Broserweights vs GYV. Kai may want to consider a different top for future matches. She seemed to be really concerned or self-conscious about popping out as she almost always was adjusting her top or trying to pull it over or covering herself. I feel bad for the women when that happens because the last thing they should have to worry about is their wardrobe and then it just becomes a distraction. I remember this happening to Charlotte a couple times too.

Freakin loved Dijakovic/Priest. Dijakovic seems to excel when up against the bigger guys.

Ciampa juicing hard way, stamping the contract with his blood, then dripping his blood onto the belt as if it was a blood ritual was freakin awesome.

Maybe Dakota can turn Tegan heel because I would love to see them start up a stable. Both are/were good as face but they do need a dominant group now.

Dusty final was the best final to date.

Edited by turk128