DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Saw a dodgy source claim we are getting Yair Rodriguez vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov. Spicy meatball if true. 

I did see yesterday that Yair signed with First Round Management, which is Malki Kawa's outfit along with his brother. Maybe that's indicative of a fight announcement. Hopefully.

Cody Garbrandt gets a UFC Flyweight Championship shot without any wins in the division. Be interesting to see how No Love handles the cut and what it does to his chin. I think of that cheat, TJ Dillashaw draining himself to make the Flyweight limit, Henry Cejudo TKO's him in less than a minute and Dillashaw pisses hot having to vacate the UFC Bantamweight Championship.

Edited by The Natural

On 8/8/2020 at 12:41 AM, The Natural said:

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen I at UFC 117. Ten years on, it's still one of the best and dramatic Mixed Martial Arts fights of all time.

Special fight for me. first UFC event I attended live.

• Like 2

I think Luke Rockhold should stick to modelling. All his losses by KO in the UFC were bad KTFO ones, particularly at the hands of Michael Bisping and Yoel Romero. His move up to Light Heavyweight in his latest fight saw him get KTFO as well by Jan Blachowicz.

Edited by The Natural

Not long to go. Daniel Cormier KO'd Stipe Miocic in the very first round of their first fight while Miocic won the rematch by TKO in the fourth round with the body shots hurting DC leading to the finish. Tough fight to call. I expect Miocic to be ripping those body punches early doors and how Cormier copes with them. Again, it's a difficult fight to predict. I'm going with DC by TKO in three.

• Like 1