DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.54

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, happjack said:

I guess most of America didn't pick up on the political messages in the halftime show, not only the kids in cages but J-Lo's Puerto Rican flag cape.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/super-bowl/8549924/jennifer-lopez-shakira-halftime-show-border-crisis-statement-kids-cages

How could anyone possibly have missed that?!?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

So did Mahomes officially break The Madden Curse?

Well, he DID get an injury this year, so technically the Madden Curse still hit him, even if he came back and went on to win Super Bowl MVP. 

Which makes it even more impressive- the Madden Curse hit him and he still managed to go all the way.

Edited by SorceressKnight

I know this will come as an "OK boomer" comment but there needs to be a rule where you have to celebrate within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage.   The team turnover celebrations don't necessarily bother me it is the running 60 yards down the ring to go near the end zone that pisses me off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

How could anyone possibly have missed that?!?

The cape I noticed for sure. The rest of it? Well, you got me there. But while I was too...distracted to notice it initially the more I found out about the messages the more I appreciated it. Well done stuff from both. 

As for the game I initially wanted the 49ers to win due to Kittle doing the "Cero Miedo" taunt.  But I'm cool with the Chiefs and am glad to see Reid finally get the SB win. 

Also, I was amused seeing Derrick Nnadi do a snow angel in the confetti.  And it turns out he did a lot more than that and seems to be an incredibly great man.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kansas-city-chiefs-derrick-nnadi-celebrates-super-bowl-win-by-paying-off-kc-pet-project-animal-shelter-adoption-fees/?linkId=81676218

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1