DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2020

Casey

Lost in all of the news was that the Loki trailer had some interesting frames in there. Blink and you miss it shots of the Council of Kangs and the Timekeepers. No doubt this series ties into the Multiverse of Madness, but it also hints at the arrival of Kang in Ant-Man 3. I don't know if Marvel is doing an over-arching big bad like they did for Phase 1-3, but everything right now points to Kang being a fixture for the future. Plus they announced the Fantastic Four movie, and Nathaniel Richards is a very distant relative of Reed, so...

Edited by Casey
series, not movie
  • Like 1

I could have easily misread this but the article I read around Michelle Pfieffer being back for Ant-Man 3 - it talked like Kang was already confirmed to be in

In fact - Jonathan Majors (Lovecraft County) has been cast as Kang

Or where you just saying that more as a Loki will tie into more than just Dr Strange 2?

Yeah, I'm basically saying Kang is the next big bad and Loki will set that up for the future. Plus they're dangerously close to assembling a good Young Avengers team (Ms. Marvel, Kate Bishop, America Chavez, Stature - the possibilities for Iron Lad, Wiccan, Speed and Kid Loki are there too). I don't think it's a coincidence that WandaVision/Loki/Spider-Man 3/Multiverse of Madness (and Ant-Man 3 by proxy, maybe Fantastic Four too) are all connected. And the Secret Invasion show could introduce the Young Avengers proper (as well as Hulkling), as well.

The King/Nathanial Richards thing is really not an important part of Marvel lore. It's something that's gone either way and is more of a wink and a nod than part of any key stores that matter. They could take it or leave it if they wanted. If I was building this stuff together, I would ignore it completely, personally.

• Like 1

TBH I'm not really expecting them to explicitly say Kang is Nathaniel Richards. I could be wrong, but I don't think they ever mentioned on-screen that Thanos was an Eternal (unless it's in the upcoming movie), so they could easily side-step parts of Kang's backstory.

I think it gets interesting if they ever introduce Iron Lad into the MCU, though.

They've never really done anything meaningful with Iron Lad and Reed in the comics have they? I mean, they could.

They especially could have done something interesting with Franklin and him during Hickman's run, for instance, but I don't remember it.

Not that I know of, or that I can find online, but Iron Lad and Kang and the Young Avengers are pretty tied together if I'm not mistaken. Kang is confirmed, a number of characters from the Young Avengers are confirmed to be in future projects (including an older Cassie Lang in Ant-Man 3 w/ Kang), and a series like WandaVision can introduce Wiccan and Speed, etc.

Edited by Casey

From comicbookmovie.com the schedule for Marvel Television shows:

WandaVision - January 15, 2021
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - March 19, 2021
Loki - May 2021
What If…? - Summer 2021
Ms. Marvel - Late 2021
Hawkeye - Late 2021

She-Hulk - Undated (2022)
Moon Knight - Undated (2022)
Secret Invasion - Undated (2022)
Ironheart - Undated (2022)
Armor Wars - Undated (2022)
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - Holiday 2022and

---

Only 2021 show I'm not interested is Hawkeye as I don't give a shit about MCU Hawkeye. Fucker needed to be killed off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Only 2021 show I'm not interested is Hawkeye as I don't give a shit about MCU Hawkeye. Fucker needed to be killed off.

I'm interested since they are pulling from the Fraction series, and he is sharing the lead role with Kate Bishop.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

What is Iron Heart about? 

Teenage African-American girl genius who builds a suit of armor patterned after Iron Man's.  She had her own book for a bit (called "Invincible Iron Man" but starring Riri) after Tony Stark was apparently killed in the Civil War II event.

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

Teenage African-American girl genius who builds a suit of armor patterned after Iron Man's.  She had her own book for a bit (called "Invincible Iron Man" but starring Riri) after Tony Stark was apparently killed in the Civil War II event.

Important to note that her in-suit AI is actually Tony Stark, too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Oh ok I vaguely remember this now