DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2021 at 2:53 PM, Zimbra said:

Today I learned that there was a low budget Dr Strange movie in 1978 and Jessica Walter played Morgan Le Fay

Jessica+Walter+-+Doctor+Strange+%2528197

Yes, back in the day CBS made several made for TV movies based on Marvel properties.  Most of us remember the Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man television series, but there were also Captain America and Dr. Strange movies.  The Dr. Strange movie was fucking awesome.

Thor and Daredevil made cameos in a couple of the Incredible Hulk television specials.

Jessica Walter was particularly smoking as Morgan Le Fay.  RIP.

Just now, J.T. said:

Didn't someone have a G Gordon Liddy sock puppet account here on the board back in the day?

That was (allegedly) Ganc and he's the one who (allegedly) used it libel Randy Savage in the sleaze thread. 

So at least we'll always have that.

source.gif

Paul Ritter dead at 54 of brain tumor. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/apr/06/friday-night-dinner-star-paul-ritter-dies-of-brain-tumour-at-54

I hate this news. 

Friday Night Dinner is one of those special shows I can throw on in any order and chuckle. 

Martin was one of those characters that's super relatable. 

And the fact the he's close to my age doesn't help. 

I put his name into Google and clicked on Images, then started scrolling... and scrolling... and scrolling...

And I'm still scrolling. This guy did EVERYTHING. There are awesome foreign posters for stuff like Ghostbusters on here. He did all the iconic covers for The Beyond, The House by the Cemetery, Demons. It's insane. Such an iconic style and my personal ideal of cinema art. 

RIP

• Like 1

Enzio Scotti is the Rembrandt of horror movie posters.   Dude was a true artist that understood the medium and the audience. 

vubxnddsoawcqvy4mckv.jpg?auto=format&fit

RIP

Edited by J.T.

17 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Peaky Blinders (2013)

I didn't know Helen McCrory was married to Damian Lewis. RIP.

Neither did I. Helen McCrory was only 52 years old. Fuck cancer. Condolences to Helen's family and friends at this sad time. R.I.P.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to put this.   Technically she was an actress mostly remembered for Bachelor Party.  But she will mostly be known as the woman in the Whitesnake music videos.   Most teenagers and young adults in the 80's have fond memories of her

• Sad 1