DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am mentioning this here due to her work on Top Gear but Sabine Schmitz - the German racing driver - has died at the age of 51 due to cancer

So sad. Sabine Schmitz was great on Top Gear. Fuck cancer. R.I.P. Sabine Schmitz. My condolences to her family and friends xxx.

• Like 1

The first two things I think of for George Segal are his excellent one-scene wonder in TO DIE FOR and Dr. Quest in the 1990s version of Jonny Quest.  Neither of them is super important to his by then well-established career, and I've spent a hell of a lot more time with Just Shoot Me playing in the background than either of those. But those were where I just kind of stopped and went "oh, why isn't his voice in everything?" He was fantastic in VIRGINIA WOOLF, of course. My dad hated that movie more than any other he'd ever seen, mostly because he only went to see it because if it was attracting protests he thought it had to be exciting.  I went in knowing what it was because I knew theater and loved it.  It's funny, even though he'd been playing grandpas the entire 21st century, and even though I KNEW that WOOLF was over 50 years old, my first response was still "87? Really? I figured he was like 70"

53 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The evening news just said that she was Clint Eastwood's stalker in Play Misty for Me! 

Until opening this I had no idea she was Malory Archer, but it makes perfect sense. 

RIP

Today I also learned that she played Fran. . .aka "The Mama". . .on Dinosaurs.

• Like 1