DVDVR Message Board

2020 WRESTLING MERCH

Got some of the Jazwares UFC guys and this got me wondering about the AEW set. What are the likenesses like on the Bucks and the rest?Because from the 3 I've got, Cowboy Cerrone and McGregor are only barely resembling the fighters faces. Jon Jones practically doesn't look anything like him imo

For anyone with the AEW line, are the likenesses pretty spot on in person? Should we hold off for the later sets with the rereleased lineup?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Got some of the Jazwares UFC guys and this got me wondering about the AEW set. What are the likenesses like on the Bucks and the rest?Because from the 3 I've got, Cowboy Cerrone and McGregor are only barely resembling the fighters faces. Jon Jones practically doesn't look anything like him imo

For anyone with the AEW line, are the likenesses pretty spot on in person? Should we hold off for the later sets with the rereleased lineup?

I've seen a couple of AEW figures in videos. The AEW likenesses look good unlike the UFC ones that you mention. Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

I was supposed to get my Kenny Omega one in the mail Monday but it going through USPS delays things for various reasons.  But from what I've seen of them the likenesses are generally pretty darn good.  I know they covered it on the Major Wrestling Figure podcast and really loved them.  The main complaint they had was that the skin tone might be a bit too pale but that was about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was supposed to get my Kenny Omega one in the mail Monday but it going through USPS delays things for various reasons.  But from what I've seen of them the likenesses are generally pretty darn good.  I know they covered it on the Major Wrestling Figure podcast and really loved them.  The main complaint they had was that the skin tone might be a bit too pale but that was about it.

Hope it arrives post haste! I'm waiting for something to arrive as well.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, The Natural said:

Well at least you're not having it through USPS.  I know things have been delayed due to COVID but now there's all kinds of fucked up changes due to the guy running it.  I'd rather not get into it in a wrestling topic but I let out a defeated sigh if I see that it's going through them.  I even tried the option for shorter delivery one time and it still ended up a couple days late.  So with my luck I'm looking to get this by Saturday or early next week.  Which is fine for me as long as everything's intact.

EDIT:  And it looks like the fuckers lost my mail.  It hasn't been scanned from wherever it ended up so the tracking is behind.  They're investigating and I hope it's just that they're too short staffed to even scan mail in.  But if I haven't said it yet fuck USPS.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 4

Thanks to The Natural and NB? Appreciate the good news 

I'm not typically that much upset about likenesses, generally Hasbro knocks it out of the park on the majority of their Star Wars line and Mattels been great at it with most of their WWE Elite line, so when I got the UFC Jazwares from Amazon it was mildly disappointing how little actual resemblance there is

They don't disappoint overall though, great articulation and all that, so we're jazzed for whenever we decide to  plunk the cash down for the first wave of AEW which is likely in the next week or two 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

They don't disappoint overall though, great articulation and all that, so we're jazzed for whenever we decide to  plunk the cash down for the first wave of AEW which is likely in the next week or two 

Well unless you want to drive to every Walmart in a 25 mile radius 10 times over when the time comes  your best bet might be preordering for future sets from Ringside Collectibles.  I didn't preorder Young Bucks in time and it's been a bitch trying to find them or anybody else for that matter.  So unless I somehow find them I'll be paying about $90 through eBay or similar areas.  Mainly it's because Walmart sucks though since it's been a couple weeks I might try again.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2020 at 3:48 PM, The Natural said:

OIP.wz0bNZXIMAyYdab5XW2jsQHaHa?pid=Api&d

Came today. Been looking for Batman Beyond, Batman of the Future as it's know in the UK for a few years.

Edited by The Natural