DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2020

Control

Kenzo appeared at AJPW and his wife..Ogawa beat up Kenzo.

AJPW on Amazon prime.

Hideki Suzuki and Shinya Aoki will participate in the AJPW vid distribution.

The AJPW Amazon Prime shows are produced by Kenso and will feature Hustle and MMA guys or so? Seems it's just All Japan Pro Wrestling Delivery.. the another world of AJPW.

Shows are 1 hour and 29 mins. 

EonwJmKVQAIVvPP.jpg

Edited by D.Z

12 hours ago, D.Z said:

AJPW Amazon Prime shows

Wait WHAT? Is this already up?

EDIT: Okay, apparently not. But this has revealed to me that there is a shitload of indie wrestling on Prime... until I started trying to watch some of it and it was revealed that none of it has episodes available for some reason. Or you have to pay for it. I did manage to turn on Ultra Pro Wrestling and RISE though. There's also some shoots with Prichard, documentaries (I just found The Trade about Sick Nick Mondo) and of course your WWE and Vice stuff. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Shows are like early Hustle except better matches. One of the announcers of AJPW 90s does the commentary. Was already taped long ago.

I guess later on they will have actual crowds.

Edited by D.Z

Twitter thinks it's Shuji Ishikawa. I haven't seen any proof yet.

Tajiri and few others will coach new trainees and Suwama will for the women. The women will be trained inheriting the Royal Road, well Suwama's interpretation of the Royal Road. They will also have to be more pretty than the men.

Kenzo does AJPW on Amazon Prime with probably tv writers. The Amazon Prime show is separate universe, so you dont really have to follow both.  The reason AJPW created the new show is that they want to tap into the growing media content market. Gonna need more than just attendance to make money. 

Could expect regular AJPW to become more package pro wrestling like the Puroresu love Muto era but instead of western ideas and elements.. more from borrowing ideas and elements from Japanese 90's promotions and other eras. IWA Japan and FMW had women divisions, while WAR had 6 man tags. 

Anyway as for Yusuke...he could end up in DDT or NOAH. But not everyone gets picked up.

Upcoming AJPW cards:

AJPW "AJP PRIME NIGHT 2020 ~ LAST SHOW OF THE YEAR", 13.12.2020 (AJPW.tv) 
Tokyo Korakuen Hall 

1. TAJIRI vs. Francesco Akira 
2. Masanobu Fuchi, Koji Iwamoto & Ryuki Honda vs. Zeus, Izanagi & UTAMARO 
3. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa & Hikaru Sato vs. Kento Miyahara, Yuma Aoyagi & CIMA  
4. Yoshitatsu, Yusuke Okada & Chikara vs. Jun Kasai , Masashi Takeda & Kenji Fukimoto 
5. 1st AJPW TV Six Man Tag Team Title, Decision Match: Takao Omori, Black Menso~re & Carbell Ito vs. Ryouji Sai, Revlon & Daimonji So 
6. Prime Fight ~ Dan's Great Adventure: Dan Tamura vs. Shotaro Ashino 
7. Prime Fight ~ PLUS ULTRA!: Jake Lee vs. Atsuki Aoyagi 
8. Prime Fight ~ You're already dead: Hokuto Omori vs. Kohei Sato 

--- 

AJPW "NEW YEAR WARS 2021", 02.01.2021 
Tokyo Korakuen Hall 

-. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi 

AJPW "NEW YEAR WARS 2021", 03.01.2021 
Tokyo Korakuen Hall 

-. Triple Crown: Suwama (c) vs. Yuma Aoyagi

Pulling for Yuma for both titles, though the tag titles seem more likely.

• Thanks 1

Kind of looking forward to Kohei Sato in All Japan, but that's me remembering him from around 2005/06 and haven't seen anything since...how is he these days?

Hope Kento and Yuma win the tag titles, but am pulling for Suwama for the Triple Crown, only because I still have a faint hope Jake will finally get the big win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horangi said:

Kind of looking forward to Kohei Sato in All Japan, but that's me remembering him from around 2005/06 and haven't seen anything since...how is he these days?

Hope Kento and Yuma win the tag titles, but am pulling for Suwama for the Triple Crown, only because I still have a faint hope Jake will finally get the big win.

If they’re not putting the title right back on Kento (ugh—that’s why he needs to win the tag belts), then Jake is the only guy who makes sense. Yuma would be fresh, though, and not undeserving. Or, right now, an outsider could work. I wouldn’t be mad at Yuji Hino, Triple Crown Champion, for instance...

First that show then Sumo Hall. Seems they will booking using older male and female talent with maybe legends in crowd and cam dunno. Full card for first show in the link.

Interesting the first two matches use older Joshi but in whatever performance match means

Megumi Kudo vs Shark Tsuchiya

Cutie Suzuki vs Rumi Kazama

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1