DVDVR Message Board

WORLDS COLLIDE III - 1/25/2020

Dolfan in NYC

It's NXT vs. NXT-UK, and if Saint and Regal don't come to blows, this whole thing will be pointless.  

8 MAN TAG MATCH - Imperium (Alexander Wolfe, Fabian Aichner, Marcel Barthel, and WALTER) vs. The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, and Roderick Strong)

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Toni Storm

Finn Balor vs. Ilja Dragunov

Mustache Mountain vs. #DIY

FATAL 4-WAY FOR THE NXT CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Angel Garza (c) vs. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott vs. Jordan Devlin vs. Travis Banks

NON-TITLE MATCH* - NXT UK Women's Champion Kay Lee Ray vs. Mia Yim

-

* - Pre-show

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's NXT vs. NXT-UK, and if Saint and Regal don't come to blows, this whole thing will be pointless.  

8 MAN TAG MATCH - Imperium (Alexander Wolfe, Fabian Aichner, Marcel Barthel, and WALTER) vs. The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, and Roderick Strong)

-

Updated as they announce. 

They don't need anything else. Just let this go for two hours.

That 8-man would be perfect for an early 2000s NOAH style Captain's Fall rules match. UE desperately protecting their weak leader while easily handling the relative jobbers but struggling with all their might to bring down Walter for 50 minutes.

I'm sure it'll be good, but I kinda think they're burning a lot of quality guys in one match. You could split it off into Fish/KOR vs. Barthel/Aichner, Strong vs. Bate, Walter vs. Keith Lee, and Cole vs. UK upper midcarder who he can safely beat (Trent Seven maybe, I'll admit I don't know their roster that well). That would be half a show and would guarantee it being decent at worst.

• Like 1

Honestly the fictional card you presented would be good at worst. Those first three matches alone all have the potential to being MOTYC. I actually think Imperium vs. UE is a terrible idea since they are the top factions of their respective brands and neither should be losing to outside factions. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Any faction that includes Alexander Wolfe can always take falls while sacrificing nobody of value. 

Even though Shield were just beginning to turn, one of the best WWE matches of the last decade pitted presumably top heel factions against one another. It's a weird booking, but also potentially a very fun one. 

Shield vs Wyatts was an "irresistible force" vs "immovable object" kind of deal though. Very different situation with UE vs Imperium. UE vs UK faces and Imperium vs NXT faces would've made more sense, IMO.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

In one sense, sure. But why should I care about thrown-together babyface teams when I can have the actual established top teams on each brand face off?

They wouldn't necessarily have to be "thrown together"...they could've had the face NXT War Games team (with Gargano in the Owens spot) against Imperium that could've been built up on Wednesday nights. And they could have got British Strong Style to reunite for one night along with a mystery 4th member (Dragunov?) to challenge UE. That's just off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 10:20 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Even though Shield were just beginning to turn, one of the best WWE matches of the last decade pitted presumably top heel factions against one another. It's a weird booking, but also potentially a very fun one. 

I love the Shield vs. Wyatt Family from Elimination Chamber 2014. You're right to say its one of the last decade's best WWE matches. I'd go further saying its one of the best matches in the history of the WWE.

Angel Garza will defend the Cruiserweight title in 4-way

2 unnamed NXT UK wrestlers and winner of tonight’s 3-way between Tyler Breeze, Lio Rush and Isiah “Swerve” Scott

They are doing two qualifying matches for the NXT UK spots in the Cruiserweight Match

Jordan Devlin vs Ligero

Mark Andrews vs. Brian Kendrick

Matches will be taped this weekend as part of the NXT UK TV taping and air next week

I'd kind of been ignoring this based on what the last couple events with the Worlds Collide name have been. But watching this card fill out and just now realizing this is being held at the Toyota Center, this is looking like a big deal show. A TakeOver in everything other than name. Should be good. 

• Like 1