DVDVR Message Board

2020 IMPACT Wrestling Thread

Don't remember who asked about the symbol on Willie Mack and Chris Bey's knee pads, but I started looking again because a couple guys on CWFH had it. It's DRKLGHT Clothing and it looks like they work with/sponsor a few different indie wrestlers. Ray Rosas in particular had a pretty sweet hoodie on the last episode.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Don't remember who asked about the symbol on Willie Mack and Chris Bey's knee pads, but I started looking again because a couple guys on CWFH had it. It's DRKLGHT Clothing and it looks like they work with/sponsor a few different indie wrestlers. Ray Rosas in particular had a pretty sweet hoodie on the last episode.

That was me, so... thanks! I thought it was probably something like that... one of those brands like SPLX, but it seemed to be mostly Western states of the USA wrestlers.

https://wrestlingnews.co/impact-wrestling/two-released-wwe-stars-in-talks-with-two-companies-including-impact-wrestling/

Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the tag team is looking for what was described as two deals, one of that would be NJPW, which would be their main deal. They are also looking for a deal in the United States, with Impact Wrestling being in play.

Due to their non-compete clauses with WWE not expiring until mid-July, they can’t do anything until that time but since Slammiverary takes place a few days after the non-compete expires, it is possible that they could appear on the pay-per-view

Since Cancel Culture vs. Crazy Steve and the mystery partners has been edited off of tonight's show - Impact has announced that Deonna Purrazzo vs. Alisha Edwards will be on the show instead

On 6/23/2020 at 11:41 AM, RIPPA said:

Since Cancel Culture vs. Crazy Steve and the mystery partners has been edited off of tonight's show - Impact has announced that Deonna Purrazzo vs. Alisha Edwards will be on the show instead

Not that it matters given the circumstances behind Ryan and Crist's firings but did it ever come out who Steve's 2 mystery partners were?

AKA: Can you believe we let every one of these guys slip through our fingers? What idiots we are!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Not that it matters given the circumstances behind Ryan and Crist's firings but did it ever come out who Steve's 2 mystery partners were?

According to PWInsider, it was the Rascalz.

Impact Wrestling confirmed to PWInsider.com this evening that it has terminated the contract of reigning Impact Wrestling Champion Tessa Blanchard and has stripped her of the title.

Impact’s statement reads as follows: 

“Impact Wrestling confirmed that it has terminated its relationship with Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of the Impact Wrestling World Championship.”

Updated with further detail:

Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews “via satellite.” When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut. Impact sources cite that there were attempts made to get Blanchard to return and drop the title but that the two sides were not able to come to terms. Blanchard's deal was slated to expire before the PPV but Impact was hoping that she would return for a final appearance. When it became increasingly obvious that wasn't going to happen, Impact opted to cut bait and move forward.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

What a fall from where I thought she was six months ago. One of my favourite current workers, and I bought into the talk of personal growth. Then came the wave of accusations of racism and abuse. Impact would have been justified in cutting bait right then and there, but they stuck with her and put the belt on her (and in the process largely put me off their product). For whatever flaws there are in Impact's current management, and I'm sure there are many, she does them like this? While there may well be another side to the story, this stinks of ingratitude and a lack of loyalty to people who didn't need to stick their necks out for her. 

Utterly disappointing turn for a truly promising talent. Not looking forward to seeing where she goes once she starts burning whatever bridges are still available to her. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, AxB said:

AKA: Can you believe we let every one of these guys slip through our fingers? What idiots we are!

Watched this a few days ago. I wasn't sure if it would include Kazuchika Okada wth how badly TNA used him.

4 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Impact Wrestling confirmed to PWInsider.com this evening that it has terminated the contract of reigning Impact Wrestling Champion Tessa Blanchard and has stripped her of the title.

Impact’s statement reads as follows: 

“Impact Wrestling confirmed that it has terminated its relationship with Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of the Impact Wrestling World Championship.”

Updated with further detail:

Surprised TNA didn't can Tessa Blanchard's ass at the start of the year with all the women wrestlers burying her for horrible behaviour to other women.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1