DVDVR Message Board

2020 IMPACT Wrestling Thread

Su Yung has basically announced she is a free agent, another one of the few good things about Impact about to leave?

I really like her and hope she shows up somewhere where more eyeballs get to see her.  AEW seems a likely destination given the lack of depth on their women’s division and their love of “dark / gothic” gimmicks and stables

• Sad 1

She has more strings to her bow than just the Undead Bride gimmick, but it is a great gimmick. In terms of value to a promotion, AEW need her more than anyone else does, obviously. I can see WWE making an offer, but considering her husband's experience there, I can't see her going. And whilst Impact could really do with her sticking around, it's not a promotion people stay with unless they have no other options.

Plus AEW might let her still do her indie shows and TJPW/DDT tours.

Has she improved in the ring in the last year or two? When she first started the undead bride gimmick, it was clearly a spectacular idea but she was so rough bell to bell that the greatness of the character was spoiled. 

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I can see WWE making an offer, but considering her husband's experience there, I can't see her going.

You mean how they gave him a push and the Cruiserweight title and he fucked it up by beating her?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So I'm guessing Steiner's Three Stages of Hell match with Brian Cage in four weeks is either cancelled, or not containing any wrestling?

3 hours ago, AxB said:

So I'm guessing Steiner's Three Stages of Hell match with Brian Cage in four weeks is either cancelled, or not containing any wrestling?

I thought none of the three stages actually included wrestling to begin with 

• Stage One: Live debate
  • Stage Two: Posedown
  • Stage Three: Wrestling Match with guest referee Ethan Page

Sami Calihan posting on Twitter that he won't wrestle until he is sure about the Coronavirus.  While that may be a smart idea, it is fucking rich coming from a guy who in almost every single one of his matches is either spiting on someone, spiting in his hands until it is full of mucus and then chopping people with it,  or blowing snot rockets on people

But hey glad that you are concerning about public safety

• Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 8:47 AM, AxB said:

Not sure exactly what he did to provoke this response, but could be anything really:

Catching up - but what prompted the response was Shepard put up a story that was along the lines of "WWE employee contracts coronavirus" (or at least "was in contact with someone")

This is what Meltzer put in the new WON regarding Steiner

There was a major scare involving Scott Steiner (Scott Rechsteiner, 57), on 3/6 at an Impact television taping in Atlanta.

Steiner collapsed backstage and had to be rushed to the hospital. It was a life-and-death situation but he was able to be revived and underwent surgery on his heart on 3/7.

The situation brought to mind what happened when Jerry Lawler suffered a heart attack and his heart stopped beating for nearly 20 minutes. The heart attack took place while he was broadcasting a live Raw show on September 10, 2012, in Montreal. He was lucky it took place where doctors were present who would work on him immediately.

In the case of Steiner, doctors were also on the scene and he was rushed to the hospital. Tommy Dreamer rushed to the hospital with him.

He was believed to have been out of grave danger and should make a full recovery. Whether this would spell an end to his pro wrestling career is unknown.

Good news: Because he is such a genetic freak he has a 141 and 2/3% chance of making a full recovery

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 1

With the quarantine going on I've been catching up on various shows. Watched impact/OVW's Sacrifice 2020 from February. The main event is tessa Blanchard vs Ace Austin, champion vs champion. I think Austin has a bright future as a slimy heel. The match is okay, I think all the Tessa out of the ring stuff has hurt her reign greatly. Just can't get into her. Liked little things like Ace refusing to get up when the momentum begins to shift against him to try and stall. 

Nothing else really stands out from the show, feels like a bigger house show. The North vs The Rascalz is probably the best match on the card.

You can probably just watch those 2 matches and skip the rest. Daga vs Jake Crist bored me, I thought they'd do a sprint and instead they did a slow paced limb focused match following a big man vs big man tag match. 

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1178547-impact-wrestling-officially-cancels-upcoming-rebellion-ppv

IMPACT Wrestling Officially Cancels Upcoming Rebellion PPV

IMPACT Wrestling was scheduled to host their next PPV, Rebellion, on April 19 in New York City but it appears that this event is now not happening. AXS.com has now listed the event as canceled on their ticketing website.

TNA has now also cancelled Against All Odds in Toronto and the NYC TV Taping

They announced they are looking for "alternative ways to produce the events"