DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Im so pissed at Lagana. How hard is it to not be a creep? I hope this isn’t the end of The NWA, Powerrr is my favorite wrestling show right now it’s so good. It’s different but familiar I’d hate to see that all go away because Lagana sucks as a person. Also sounds like they are going dark for a while so that means no more What’s Causin Aldis and Inside the NWA. Damn you Lagana. He’s the driving force behind the NWA and Powerrr so idk if they can just find another booker but I hope they find another booker. Whose even out there whose available not named Russo? Yes it’s selfish of me to be complaining about no more NWA content momentarily when a young lady bared it all and did a difficult thing and spoke up and made her sexual assault public and named her attacker, assaulter I’m not sure the right word. But fuck Dave Lagana had he acted like a civil person living in a democracy we wouldn’t be in this mess.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Im so pissed at Lagana. How hard is it to not be a creep? I hope this isn’t the end of The NWA, Powerrr is my favorite wrestling show right now it’s so good. It’s different but familiar I’d hate to see that all go away because Lagana sucks as a person. Also sounds like they are going dark for a while so that means no more What’s Causin Aldis and Inside the NWA. Damn you Lagana. He’s the driving force behind the NWA and Powerrr so idk if they can just find another booker but I hope they find another booker. Whose even out there whose available not named Russo? Yes it’s selfish of me to be complaining about no more NWA content momentarily when a young lady bared it all and did a difficult thing and spoke up and made her sexual assault public and named her attacker, assaulter I’m not sure the right word. But fuck Dave Lagana had he acted like a civil person living in a democracy we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Boy are you in for a shock about some of their roster.

Honestly Billy should just sell to a company that'll run the Houston library. COVID dropped everything to a grinding halt, and he himself admitted the YouTube model isn't sustainable.

Bram sucks too.

It sucks the YouTube model isn’t sustainable cuz it really is some of the more interesting shit going on right now or pre-Covid 2020. I think Marty was gonna get a run even if it was a short one he was getting a run. It’s a fucking awesome show with a dedicated roster who believe in the vision. It’s akin in many respects to ECW. I hate to see it go but if it goes that’s life.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, Web Conn said:

The one good thing about this is that there's no wrestling shows going on due to COVID so it's not as much to tackle right now when it comes to their Youtube shows.  But I have been loving their videos.  Carnyland is cheesy fun but the others ones were ones I really think fondly of.  Eli's show is him giving his thoughts on the wrestling business and you get a sense of his true self in these.  And for that I like him quite a lot.  Then there's the Girl Powerr show where the first one was talking about Hana and cyber bullying.  It was super powerful and such a needed discussion that I was glad to check out.  I haven't heard the one yet about BLM but do plan to watch it.

I would have hoped that they could keep things as they are and just let wrestlers do webcam sessions to keep their stuff going.  But if Lanaga stepping down means all this is shut down then that's really going to suck.

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Reboot it with Storm, Kingston, and a bunch of the recently cut WWE guys. D'arcy Wretzky can do Lagana's job.

I figured you would just advocate them replacing it with Houston footage.

He's given cover to Lattimer in the past.   Part of the buddy-buddy system in British Wrestling.  I think he's given cover to some of these folks. 

I don't believe Aldis has done anything directly himself, and there's no proof of him blackballing anyone Ospreay-style.  

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

For those who didn't click the link Zicky is not accused of anything, so don't worry. I know, it's the first thing you probably thought.

Well, his character just oozes sleaze but the only thing I saw questionable about him were some of those tattoos.  Can't say I blame him for wanting out.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone suggested AEW buying out the NWA and honestly that would be the last nail in me having to pretend I give a rat’s ass about that company anymore, because if Aldis shows up with the belt, you know his failson Latimer won’t be far behind.