DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

Gustavo Aguilar vs Anthony Andrews was good.  It was veering towards OVW-level boring-though-competent.  Okay, D'vin Graves is my new favorite wrestler in NWA.  He is the nouvelle Rufus R. Freight Train Jones.  Dinante is his partner.  The Ill-Begotten have a nice finisher.  Watch that for D'vin Graves being awesome.  He wrestles strange!  Gaagz the Gimp takes on Magic Jake Dumas for the main event- THUS this the end of a taping cycle, but it did have D'vin Graves on it, so I declare this episode a "Success!"  Actually, your main event was pretty good.  Jake Dumas has dynamic offense.  Gaagz the Gimp is a bump freak who can actually work.  Very much a success.

They keep building up to Nick Aldis vs Matt Cardona though Cardona is out for six months with a torn pec.  I can't imagine what they are going to do.  Aldis versus Brian Myers was pretty good.  KC Rocker can't slam Tyrus!  Kenzie Paige should not be a babyface- especially if she is taking on the Hex by tagging with Ella Envy as Pretty Empowered.  PE is so evil.  I assume they turn heel versus the Hex.  I guess KiLynn King is a heel in NWA?  It might just be her partner, Missa Kate.  They make it so that KiLynn and Kamille don't actually touch each other, which is pretty old school booking.  KiLynn King hits a Excalibuster on Kenzie Paige as King and Kamille wait to actually touch each other at the PPV.  That was a perfectly fine episode.

• Like 2

Final card for NWA Alwayz Ready PPV tonight, looks pretty good:

NWA WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Nick Aldis vs. Matt Cardona(c)* (injured w/ torn bicep)

NWA WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH (Special Guest Commentator: Bully Ray)
Kamille(c) vs. KiLynn King  

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf)(c) vs. The Commonwealth Connection (Doug Williams & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Tyrus(c) vs. Mims

NWA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Jax Dane(c) vs. Chris Adonis

NWA JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Homicide(c) vs. PJ Hawx

NWA WOMENS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle)(c) vs. The Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Paige)

ARON STEVENS SWAN SONG
Aron Stevens vs. Trevor Murdoch

Taya Valkyrie vs. Natalia Markova (w/ Taryn Terrell)

Cyon vs. Thom Latimer

PRESHOW (7 pm est on Youtube)

Chelsea Green gives a health update on Matt Cardona

Rodney Mack vs. Magic Jake Dumas (w/ Christi Jaynes)

Sam Shaw returns to the NWA.

The Fixers (Jay Bradley & Wrecking Ball Legursky) vs. The Mortons (Ricky & Kerry Morton) vs. AJ Cazana & Anthony Andrews

Edited by DreamBroken

18 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

NWA WOMENS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle)(c) vs. The Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Paige)

Oh man, this match is fucking awesome.  Kenzie Paige and Allysin Kay aren't afraid to beat the fudge out of each other.  Ella Envy is such a great heel.  TK should steal Pretty Impowered and have then feud with/join the Baddies.

EDIT:  Homicide is your superstar of this PPV.  First he has a good New Japan juniors match with PJ Hawx and then has a really great brawl with Colby Corino.  Homicide is your comeback wrestler of the year.  He can just GO. 

• Like 2

Kamille vs KiLynn King is good.  King doing all power wrestling is pretty awesome.  Kamille needs folks that big to wrestle.

• Like 2

Fun show with a lot of action throughout. Sad to see the end of The Hex reign, but awesome match to go out on. Love that Homicide retained twice, glad to see this is turning into an epic reign for him. Markova looked good again against Taya. 

Loved Adonis/Dane, getting to see shades of the old babyface Adonis back is great, always felt that was his best role back 10-11 years ago. Solid big man battle here. Liked the story in Tyrus/Mims, good underdog performance from Mims.

Kamille/KiLynn was amazing. Kamille's big matches are always so good and KiLynn has been on fire for awhile so this delivered big time. I'm down with Kamille continuing the run but totally would've bought KiLynn winning .

The chaos setting up the main event scene was entertaining. Corgan was amusing in setting up the match and everything without a mic.  Kinda thought Sam Shaw winning would've been something fresh, he looked good. Going back to Murdoch sorta felt like the weakest option IMO even though I enjoyed his last reign, but I guess we'll see. I thought he had been turning heel but in the end seemed like his old face self, while Latimer early in the night was weirdly full on babyface but in the main, seemed like his natural heel self. Surprised to see Aldis the one taking the clean fall out of nowhere like that. His pre-match promo seemed set up for him to return to the top, at least until Cardona returned. Interesting times ahead. 

Full results NWA Alwayz Ready:

Spoiler

Preshow:

*Rodney Mack def. Magic Jake Dumas (w/ Christi Jaynes) (5:16) via submission

*May Valentine interviewed Chelsea Green, who said she and Matt Cardona always do what they have to.

*Kyle Davis interviewed the returning Sam Shaw, who did not speak. Rush Freeman interrupted and expressed excitement over Shaw's arrival. Sal Rinauro interrupted to attack Shaw but got laid out. Gags the Gimp came out to retrieve Rinauro. Shaw ended up laying out Freeman as well.

*The Mortons (Ricky & Kerry) def. The Ill Begotten (Alex Taylor & Jeremiah Plunkett w/ Danny Deals) (replacing the Fixers due to supposed injury to Jay Bradley) and Country Gentlemen (AJ Cazana & Anthony Andrews w/ Joe Cazana) (7:02) after the Double Dropkick on Plunkett

NWA Alwayz Ready - June 11, 2022 

*Trevor Murdoch def. Aron Stevens (4:40) after the diving bulldog

*Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Paige) def. The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle)(c) (8:36) when Envy pinned Marti after a low blow behind the ref's back to WIN the NWA Womens Tag Team Championships.

*Homicide(c) def. PJ Hawx (10:50) after the Cop Killa to retain the NWA Junior Championship. After the match, The Fixers (Wrecking Ball Legursky & Jay Bradley) attacked both men. Luke Hawx tried to make the save but got beaten down until The Mortons (Ricky & Kerry) made the save. Colby Corino then came down announcing he was cashing in his Champions Series title shot. 

*Homicide(c) def. Colby Corino (9:00) via Gedo Clutch to retain the NWA Junior Championship. 

*Natalia Markova (w/ Taryn Terell) def. Taya Valkyrie (8:45) after a spin kick

*Jax Dane(c) def. Chris Adonis (10:20) after the Pop the Trunk lariat to retain the NWA National Championship. 

*Thom Latimer def. Cyon (w/ Austin Idol) (12:30) with a pop up powerbomb. 

*Tyrus(c) (w/ BLK Jeez) def. Mims (8:42) after the Heart Punch to retain the NWA TV championship. After the match, Tyrus faked a post-match handshake only to lay out Mims again. 

*The Commonwealth Connection (Doug Williams & Harry Smith) def. La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf)(c) (13:55) when Doug scored the pin after a diving headbutt from Smith to WIN the NWA Tag Team Championships

*Kamille(c) def. KiLynn King (17:05) after the Spear to retain the NWA Womens Championship.

*Dr. Tom Prichard came to the ring and cut a promo putting over the NWA.

*NWA Worlds Champ Matt Cardona came to the ring (w/ Chelsea Green, Mike Knox, & VSK). Cardona cut a promo putting over his title reign and then talked about his injury putting him out 3-5 months. Cardona said this is his show so he calls the shots which brought out Billy Corgan. Corgan requested Cardona hand over the NWA Championship. Nick Aldis interrupted and cut a promo, running down Cardona and putting over his own history with the NWA. Aldis said Cardona wasn't good enough to be NWA Champion and he could come back when he recovers. Aldis said no matter what Cardona does, he's going to have a wrestling match to close the show and send the crowd home happy. Trevor Murdoch came out and invoked his rematch clause for the NWA Worlds Championship. Thom Latimer & Kamille interrupted. Kamille argued that Latimer hasn't been given a chance to become NWA Worlds Champion. Latimer argued with Corgan, saying he is a main eventer and was taking his rightful place here. Sam Shaw then interrupted and declared he wants in. Corgan finally convinced Cardona to very reluctantly hand over the championship for the new main event..

*Trevor Murdoch def. Nick Aldis, Thom Latimer, & Sam Shaw (18:10) after the Diving Bulldog on Aldis to WIN the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship. Afterwards, Murdoch cut a promo about working hard to get what you want. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Tonight's Powerrr is premiering free on Youtube in 5 mins (just for the season 9 premiere)

Why don;t they just premiere it every Tuesday?  It wouldn't get as lost as it does trying to muscle in on everybody's weekend.

• Like 1

Agreed, that ruled. My favorite knockout of 2013 vs. My favorite knockout of 2019, good stuff. Fun little show, if a little short with only two matches but still entertaining and they always have a feel of momentum coming off the PPVs. I also always dig when we can have theme music in NWA. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Mercurio. That is all.

I was hoping that Sam Shaw was going to apologize to him for cheating.  Sam Shaw is fun.  It's a shame he's to old for NXT 2.0.  Kamille being annoyed that her man, Tom Lattimer, for not being forceful enough in going for the gold is great.  Ella Envy is great being the passive aggressive heel and I love Pretty Empowered.  WHEN WILL KERRY MORTON TURN EVIL ALREADY!  I still say he should become the Lance Von Erich of the Ass Boys. 

• Like 3

On 6/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, DEAN said:

I was hoping that Sam Shaw was going to apologize to him for cheating.  Sam Shaw is fun.  It's a shame he's to old for NXT 2.0.  Kamille being annoyed that her man, Tom Lattimer, for not being forceful enough in going for the gold is great.  Ella Envy is great being the passive aggressive heel and I love Pretty Empowered.  WHEN WILL KERRY MORTON TURN EVIL ALREADY!  I still say he should become the Lance Von Erich of the Ass Boys. 

Oh I think Kerry Von Morton has David Von Erich potential. I wouldn't saddle him with The Ass Boys

• Like 1

KiLynn King vs Kamille- THE REMATCH!   Kamille is the best ON THE STICK~!  She is so your aunt who smokes Virginia Slims and drinks scotch during the day.  Buff Bushay- oh!  Brett Buffshay!  He is trained by QT Marshall and Nick Aldis treats him like QT Marshall on Dynamite.  Aldis is turning heel!  Again!  Jax Dane Lariats Eric somebody!  Oh gross!  Tyrus is in our main event!  Not a lot of quality wrestling on this one, it looks like.  Well, Cyon is good.  Maybe he can work for two.  I thought they called Jeremiah Plunkett "Jeremiah Blumpkin" and I chortled to myself.  Cyon works for one and Tyrus is perfectly fine plodding around and slowly beating on Alex Taylor for 45 seconds.  Cyon tags back out and Tyrus is the Super Worker of the match.  This match isn't very good.  Not a whole lot to see here.

• Like 1

They need to put the belt on Mercurio!  He got Natalia Markova's purse back!  Matt Cardona was the best NWA champion since Ric Flair.  He is electric on the STICK~!  Missa Kate is all over the place lately.  I think she will be lasting longer in this match.  It's Jennacide!  It's Max The Impaler! Tagging with Chelsea Green?  Chelsea starts the match rolling by raking Missa's eyes!  Max IS Luther!  Chelsea IS Serpentico!  This is fun.  Jennicide is our Robert Gibson!  Max and Jennicide make it a HOSS BATTLE!  Max crushes Missa and gets the pin!  I want to see Max/Chelsea versus Pretty Empowered FOR THE BELTS~!  Oh geez, it's a three way DANCE!  I could not give less of a fuck about this.  At least it doesn't go on to long. Hey!  It's Doug Williams and DBS Jr!  It's Bestia 666!  It's Mecha Wolf!  BUT FIRST Anthony Andrews and Rodney Mack have a little match.  Mack has good punches.  La Rebellion starts of HOT with Stereo Tope Con Hilos!  Doug Williams is Doug Williamsy with perfect suplexes.  DBS Jr brings his power offense into the ring.  HE does that extended Vertical Suplex like his father.  Mecha Wolf does a cool first and second ropes tope allowing DBS Jr to hit a Running Powerslam like his father!  And gets the pin.  That was good. 

Pretty easy 30 minutes of viewing here. Tag Team DISSENSION~! within the ranks of the Women's Champs. I kinda like the Dumas/CJ pairing, it's different. Plus a Gaagz The Gymp promo!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peck said:

I kinda like the Dumas/CJ pairing, it's different.

CJ not giving a fuck about Dumas The Wrestler but only about being a beautiful MAGICIAN's assistant is really great. 

EDIT:  OH MY GOD!  The Hex vs Pretty Empowered is motherfucking GREAT.  Ella Envy is such a great evil wrestler/bad friend.  

• Like 1

KILYNN KING vs ALISON KAY!  Next week.  This week has two good matches. Trevor Murdoch vs Thrillbilly Silas is SUPER old school.  Kerry Morton versus Jay Bradley is also really good. Yep.

• Like 2

And a three way !  Epic ending, but this should only be happening if Storm is actually gonna win it and at least get the shot, but putting him against Aldis right away makes me doubt that and seems like setting him up to fail. Hopefully though. I would definitely be down for a Storm/Murdoch old school NWA Title main event.

Great action for Kerry's big win. Loved May Valentine trying to constantly switch the mic back and forth between Allysin and KiLynn, that should be a very good match next week.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DEAN said:

KILYNN KING vs ALISON KAY!  Next week.  This week has two good matches. Trevor Murdoch vs Thrillbilly Silas is SUPER old school.  Kerry Morton versus Jay Bradley is also really good. Yep.

Put the god damned belt back on Tim Storm

• Like 3