DVDVR Message Board

2020 Q1 & and now Q2 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 2/25/2020 at 10:53 PM, (BP) said:

It was really early in the Netflix streaming days when there was only a handful of options on there. I want to check out Prime Suspect. I just discovered Lovejoy and I want to get into that too. 

Lovejoy is pretty awesome but you picked one British crime series and it wasn't Luther?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Lovejoy is pretty awesome but you picked one British crime series and it wasn't Luther?

I forgot about Luther. Looks like it’s still on Hulu. I’m doing a lot of traveling this week, so I might give that a shot. 

My wife loves Prime Suspect and has a box set of it on DVD. I tried watching some with her and couldn't get into it. 

She also really likes Midsomer Murders, which I believe is still on Netflix. I tried watching that too and couldn't stop making fun of how long that show has been on tv, it's a small town, and yet there's so many murders in it. More people get murdered in Midsomer than all of the rest of the UK. It also reminded me too much of Murder She Wrote.

45 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Nice of them to use the more personal "Clarice" instead of the more official "Starling" for the title.

I hope it will be decent, but Hannibal set a pretty high bar that this show might not be able to clear.

11 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Just a heads up...

This Wednesday's Chicago PD will have a couple of scenes featuring a certain DVDVR Admin. Not going to name names but it's not @RIPPA

Is this watch party worthy or just a brief cameo?

Apparently Netflix and Warner Brothers are close to a deal that will give Lucifer a 6th season.

They originally were going to end it after 5 seasons but this 6th season will be 10-13 episodes.

Granted season 5 hasn't even dropped yet and no one knows when

Judge Judy revealed that Judge Judy will end after its 25th Season which is the 2020-2021 season.

She then said she will start doing a show called Judy Justice (with no details revealed about that show)

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Judge Judy revealed that Judge Judy will end after its 25th Season which is the 2020-2021 season.

She then said she will start doing a show called Judy Justice (with no details revealed about that show)

She's also the Executive Producer for a lot of those dumb afternoon court procedurals like Hot Bench, so she's not hurting for any revenue.

Chris Matthews just quit Hardball live on-air.  Said he was retiring, they cut to commercial, came back and he was gone.

He's a massive dipshit but I respect the move.

Finished Lost in Space S2 and Altered Carbon S2 this past week. Thought Lost in Space was better than S1 and ended in an interesting enough space. Altered Carbon was good, especially dug Poe's story on the side.

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Chris Matthews just quit Hardball live on-air.  Said he was retiring, they cut to commercial, came back and he was gone.

He's a massive dipshit but I respect the move.

He senses Central Park in his future.