DVDVR Message Board

Marvel - Everything Else - 2020

Peni Parker and SP//DER also made their comics debuts in 2014. Co-created by Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Peni Parker and SP//DER also made their comics debuts in 2014. Co-created by Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance.

Great shout, @AxB. That's one I should have mentioned as I bought that Edge of Spider-Verse series with Edge of Spider-Verse #2, Spider-Gwen's debut on release. My reviews of both as I have a document collecting my comic book reviews:

Edge of Spider-Verse #2, Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman. I was undecided about buying this but I’m so glad I did. I really enjoyed this alternate take on Gwen Stacy and two other characters I won’t spoil. This great issue stands out for the writing, the art and this new universe. Due to the deserved acclaim the issue received, it was given an ongoing starting in February 2015 by the same creative team. It’s on my subscription and I will be reviewing them.

Edge of Spider-Verse #5, Sp//dr. Ms. Peni Parker’s father, SP//dr dies. Sp//dr is a metal suit. Peni Parker is the only person who can take his place due to genetics and she does. Like Edge of Spider-Verse #3, Aaron Aikman The Spider-Man, this features a Spider-Suit but it is done much better here. Written by Gerard Way, yep that Gerard Way. Out of the five issue miniseries, I have this second only to the Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman issue.

Edited by The Natural

• 5 weeks later...

Do you watch this guy's videos? He spends 8 hours watching a 2 hour movie at quarter speed to pick up on easter eggs and that's his whole channel:

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 9:46 PM, Matt D said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_%26_Black_(unproduced_film)

If they're REALLY set on a Jackpot movie, just make it Zendaya and make it MJ. 

[fan casting]Zendaya will be too busy with Neuromancer after they cast her as Molly Millions.[/fan casting]

So, New Mutants is coming to theaters this week in THEATERS ONLY.  I'd like to see it, but I'd also like to avoid catching the COVIDs.

Someone really wants this movie to tank.

Edited by J.T.
  • Sad 1

As we expected, New Mutants is sitting at 20% Rotten at RT.  Frankly, I expected it to be worse so this thing may be a shitburger, but perhaps not a shitburger on a moldy bun mayo that's been left out in the sun for three days.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

As we expected, New Mutants is sitting at 20% Rotten at RT.  Frankly, I expected it to be worse so this thing may be a shitburger, but perhaps not a shitburger on a moldy bun mayo that's been left out in the sun for three days.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At 20%, it is still the worst reviewed Marvel Studios film ever made. 

Even Green Lantern, the gold standard of bad superhero movies, was 26% Rotten.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

At 20%, it is still the worst reviewed Marvel Studios film ever made. 

Even Green Lantern, the gold standard of bad superhero movies, was 26% Rotten.

Is it even considered a Marvel Studios film when it was actually made by Fox?

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Probably so since Disney is the parent of 20th Century Fox and Marvel.

That doesn't seem decisive to me. I don't take the blame for my brothers' failures just because we have the same parents.

• Haha 4