DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

The Five songs that wont be in the Tony Hawk remaster are

• Suicidal Tendencies - “Cyco Vision”
  • Unsane - “Committed”
  • Anthrax & Public Enemy - “Bring the Noise”
  • The High & Mighty - “B-Boy Document ‘99"
  • Alley Life - “Out With The Old”

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Five songs that wont be in the Tony Hawk remaster are

• Unsane - “Committed”
  • Anthrax & Public Enemy - “Bring the Noise”

Fuck.  Committed and Scrape by Unsane should be mandatory in skater game and PE / Anthrax is.. well... PE / Anthax.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Fucking hell, Bring the Noise was THE song in that game.

The only time I was ever able to do a perfect McTwist was while Bring The Noise was playing and Committed was my shredding jam.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Weird, I feel like Unsane could definitely use the additional payday, like why not?!

Yeah, the nerds from the shop were jabbering about bands that could represent Samurai in Cyberpunk 2077 and Unsane came up since Fix It is a fucking anti-establishmentarian anthem and nigh perfect for a cyberpunk themed game.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, throughsilver said:

Aww, Guerilla Radio for me. I can still picture my routes to that song, 20 years later. 

It looks like Guerilla Radio made the soundtrack for the remaster so it's a good thing you still remember your routes.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Looks like it could be fun or dog shit with no middle ground. I jokingly said it'll be on sale on steam for $20 before the end of summer and a friend replied with it'll be on Game Pass before that. I'll definitely keep an eye out for reviews. 

Edited by Oyaji

So, I'm into multiple games already, so I'm not really going to play it yet, I just went through maybe ten minutes to look at it, but holy shit Wind Waker HD is amazing looking. Those graphics aged so much better than nearly everything else from that entire generation. With the lighting redone and HD remaster... Holy shit.

This past bright to you by 7 years of time travel from the past. Surely I will not have awakened into a modern hellhole that has destroyed this land...

The graphics have definitely aged well. The controls? Nah, they are awful and I gave up on it almost immediately. I still want to try it again but it's so frustrating controlling the camera when it's janky as all hell and the implementation is terrible. 

Official announcement of Mafia"Trilogy

The original Mafia game is getting a complete overhaul and can be bought on its own ($40) with the trilogy being ($60).

Mafia II is just having upgraded visuals and can be purchased today ($30)

It will also include all the Mafia III DLC

4 hours ago, throughsilver said:

Man, I don't know. I was playing it last week on that dinner plate-sized controller and I did the first "dungeon" happily enough. Maybe it gets bad later? 

I sat around while an old girlfriend played through my copy, maybe 6 years ago? It controls just like Ocarina and Majora, most of the camera control is done by locking on to stuff, with the C-Stick as your free-look camera. I don't think the C-Stick is invertable but I don't remember the controls being a problem.

• Like 1

That fucking platform game in the ship, man. The controls made me want to break something. I hated it with a passion. I'm still planning on going through all of the Zelda games (console games at least - may check out the Gameboy ones) so I'll probably play it some point next year but fuck... I was so excited to play it again until I actually played it.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That fucking platform game in the ship, man. The controls made me want to break something. I hated it with a passion. I'm still planning on going through all of the Zelda games (console games at least - may check out the Gameboy ones) so I'll probably play it some point next year but fuck... I was so excited to play it again until I actually played it.

Note
To easily get across the room, you will want to line yourself up with each platform you want to swing to. Press L button to center the camera behind you, making sure there is a rope directly in front of you. Rather than swinging back and forth on the ropes, you should leap off by press A button right at the end of the first swing

I am dumb.  All that bitching about Unsane not making the cut for the THPS remaster and I totally brainfarted that it means that Here & Now by VCU's own The mother fucking Ernies will still be in the game.

Maneater will be coming out the same day as Saints Row The Third Remastered.

Your choice: Wrecking shit in Steelport or wrecking shit as a fucking shark.

Toughest decision all day.

I have SRTT Remastered on pre-order because I honestly find the gameplay for Saints Row to be absolutely addictive and probably close to perfection for an open world game. Apparently, there's two stacks of SRTT Remastered.

I've already got the platinum medals for SRTT and the DLC content.  I'm contemplating getting the remaster just for a time sink but I don't know if I want to put myself through the horror of Heli Assault again.

I just need September to get here so that I can lose hours of my life to Avengers and Cyberpunk 2077.

Valorant's closed beta will close on May 28

Starting on June 2 - the game will be available for everyone (apparently they are a few areas that wont get it)

Riot Games will reset player accounts when the beta ends