DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

The oh so not even close to complete list of 2020 releases (this is me randomly selecting things). The list I got this from was last updated in mid-Dec so I assume the dates are still correct

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Feb 11
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake - March 3
  • Nioh 2 - March 13
  • Doom Eternal - March 20
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - March 20
  • Bleeding Edge - March 24
  • Persona 5 Royal - March 31
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake - April 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - April 16
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds - April 24
  • Marvel's Avengers - May 15
  • The Last of Us 2 - May 29

And here are all the things claiming to come out this year with no specific date (not counting nebulous stuff that was just "2020")

• Half-Life: Alyx - "March"
  • New World - "May"
  • Dying Light 2 - "Spring"
  • State of Decay - "Early"
  • Wasteland 3 - "Spring"
  • Ghost of Tsushima - "Summer"
  • Halo Infinite - "Holiday"
  • Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga - "Holiday"

Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition appears to be on its way to release.

They have a hotline you can call (1-858-WHEN-KRZ) that for the past few months has only had a single option on the menu, to let you hear a cute message saying that it's in development and you can call whenever you want to be assured it's still in development.

That message changed this weekend: now when you hit that option on the menu, you're put on hold for thousands of minutes that add up to Tuesday 1PM EST. There's no way to know if that's an announcement of a release date or a sudden release of the game, but either way, I am vibrating with anticipation, and my personal Game of the Year campaign is already done.

I was ultra hyped for Kakarot until the Giant Bombcast talked about it and made it sound like it was basically just another Xenoverse game. And then I saw some more recent videos of it and...yeah, it's looking like another Xenoverse game ? I expected more of a newer style of RPG, but it sounds and looks like the same old shit. I'm disappointed, but I also have the Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, the Witcher 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Dota, and Halo MCC to play so it's not a total loss.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Vampire:  The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 also has an alleged 2020 release date.  

From my first post

not counting nebulous stuff that was just "2020"

I would have been here til the cows come home with all the stuff that was just "WE SWEAR IT'S COMING OUT THIS YEAR! WE JUST WON'T TELL YOU WHEN!"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I would have been here til the cows come home with all the stuff that was just "WE SWEAR IT'S COMING OUT THIS YEAR! WE JUST WON'T TELL YOU WHEN!"

It's pretty obvious that it is slightly behind schedule.  Not sure why they won't just announce a postponement.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am guessing it is them trying to decide how broken of a game they want to release

Well, the game just passed Alpha but who knows how long Beta testing will take?  The combat in the developmental sneak peak vids looked really sketchy.

I would think this game won't be ready until Black Friday / Christmas at the earliest.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am guessing it is them trying to decide how broken of a game they want to release

Likely a discussion for many, many, many, many game developers and publishers.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition appears to be on its way to release.

The Tuesday announcement was indeed the release date

Jan 28 2020