DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So apparently Immortals: Fenyx Rising borrows heavily from Breath of the Wild

I thought that was common knowledge (or, at least commonly assumed).  There was talk last summer about how heavily it seemed to be inspired by BoTW.  IRRC, the designers even admitted it.

Actually, Ubisoft says elements of the game were re-imagined since the first trailer debuted last year, so I'm guessing early builds owed even more to Zelda.

Here's the E3 2019 trailer (which doesn't show any actual gameplay):

I was actually more interested when I thought it was a straight-up Zelda riff.  I also dislike the new title, for what that's worth.  I'm interested but going to wait for reviews.

Eurogamer is were I saw my footage

The things that I remember are like Breath of the Wild (and obviously some other games) in the game play shown

- Immediate open world where you can go where you want (and punishment if you go to the wrong area too early)

- a stamina meter that controls how much climbing/running/etc..

- You get a pair of wings that allow you to glide around the map

- Lots of "move objects with your "force powers" puzzles

- More enemies spawn at night time and are tougher

14 hours ago, Casey said:

Are you going to pick it up on the Xbox Turbine Engine X?

No joke, that thing looks like its gonna sound like the flight deck of an aircraft carrier when it tries to render anything above a conversation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sony has a showcase for the ps5 Wednesday 1 PM Pacific. Jokes abound about them avoiding a release date and pricing. 40 minutes in length showing off upcoming games.

I really hope they announce that Demons Souls is a launch title. 

Edited by Jiji

20 hours ago, Jiji said:

Sony has a showcase for the ps5 Wednesday 1 PM Pacific. Jokes abound about them avoiding a release date and pricing. 40 minutes in length showing off upcoming games.

If they announce that Demon's Souls is a launch title and there's a release date/price....shit, I really don't want another next-gen console.

I'm not sure where I have room for it. No, I don't have any Funkos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jiji said:

You realize they're going to announce Knack 3 instead, right?

There's a rumor going around that Final Fantasy XVI is going to be announced Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Who approved of these naming schemes? Scarlett was waaaay better. 

Sony has been so much smarter about this. Microsoft has had nothing but dumb names starting with 360.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

Who approved of these naming schemes? Scarlett was waaaay better. 

I blame the Dreamsmasher errr...cast.  Dreamcast.  There hasn't been much originality to console names since.  

I actually like the 360 name, but it's hard to keep the One, the One S, the Series S, and the Series X straight.

23 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The best console name was Gamecube, because it was a Cube what played Games. 

Did exactly what it said on the tin.

PlayStation has to be #1 right.  It worked so well the first time they never changed it.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

PlayStation has to be #1 right.  It worked so well the first time they never changed it.  

Yep, and they get bonus points for being the only system to just stick a number after the name for every generation and call it a day.

• Like 5

So in that new dumb PS5 commercial with all the ships and such, there's an airship that looks an awful lot like the Final Fantasy III/VI airship and I just... PLEASE. There are loads of rumours about Wednesday's PS5 stream having some sort of a Final Fantasy reveal. I would be sooooo happy. Samoa Joe says III/VI is his GOAT. It's up there for me. Great characters, awesome villain, incredible specials and styles, soundtrack, world. What a beauty. 

Eh5rY6aXgAAJLtY?format=png&name=small

I'm sure we're seeing what we want to see and I doubt they reveal a remake when they haven't even finished the FF7 remake yet but I can dream dammit! Still real, etc. Can it be Wednesday and then November 20th yet?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I still remember how everyone was CONVINCED that after 360 it was gonna be 720 and then they go HERE IS THE XBOX ONE!!!!!

And everyone was all WTF?!?!?!

I really think that if after the 360 they had said "It's the Xbox 4!" everybody would have understood and just kept it moving and we wouldn't be in this mess.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:57 PM, Tabe said:

Final Fantasy 14 is their best but everything is good. 

Other channels include GVMERS, Nick930, The Gaming Historian, amd strafefox. All are absolutely top-notch. 

Just remembered a couple more awesome channels:

Thomas Game Docs - tend to be more bite-sized but also offbeat. 

Game Sack - not documentaries but so much quality information and humor

• Like 1