DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

This Daredevil would fuck criminals up. You're not going to get anyone better for Matt Murdock/Daredevil than Charlie Cox. Cox was perfection in the part. Ditto for Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin. I think fans would except toned down versions to the MA Marvel-Netflix iterations and if not, you still have those to return to. I'd rather see Spider-Man, Daredevil and the Kingpin in Spider-Man 3 than a live action Spider -Verse with Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland Spider-Man 3.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

dj4mn9wj64t31.jpg

All of Spider-Man's costumes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I like them all. I'd darken the web patterns on the Stark Suit and Upgraded Suit so they stand out more and tweak the Upgraded Suit so there's less black on the gloves. Stark Suit is #1, looked at its best in Captain America: Civil War. The homemade suit is clever using the Scarlet Spider design and switching the colours round.

I mean, duh? It’ll be coming out before Guardians Vol. 3. We’ll need to touch base with some of them. 

We are so starved for new MCU content. I know they aren’t putting Black Widow on Disney+, but I’d consider paying the Mulan price for it. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
Mulan, not Milan...

On 11/14/2020 at 12:14 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

We are so starved for new MCU content. I know they aren’t putting Black Widow on Disney+, but I’d consider paying the Mulan price for it. 

Same here.  Is the plan to hold off Black Widow until theaters reopen?  That could be sometime next Summer and I feel like even that is an optimistic estimate.  I think it'd be a good idea to put it on Disney+ for $30 on Christmas. 

The plan is May 2021, they pushed it, and then COVID cases started to surge again. Who knows where we'll be by then, even with 20 million or so doses of the vaccine from one company (and that doesn't mean everyone will take it, by any means).

By that time next year, WandaVision will already have come and gone, and release dates for Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki will be imminent. Shang-Chi and The Eternals are already done filming. You've got several MCU movies already in production or outright filming, and then Disney+ shows ramping up to start (Ms. Marvel is one that's rumored to start really soon).

They've got a small window where Black Widow won't be forgotten about rather quickly. But I guess that's one MCU project that can afford to be forgotten about, since it doesn't really push Phase 4 along in any way presumably, just expands on the past.

I'm not a huge fan of these new phases relying on Disney+ TV series to push along whatever narrative or storyline they're pushing this time. I'd rather they just stick to movies and keep TV separate if only because mixing TV and movies rarely works.

On 11/14/2020 at 12:14 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

I mean, duh? It’ll be coming out before Guardians Vol. 3. We’ll need to touch base with some of them. 

I’d pay the Mulan price in a heartbeat. A huge part of the appeal isn’t the movie theater experience but seeing it as it first comes out before anyone knows anything. The immediacy. The surprise. The ongoing mega-narrative.  At least four people in my family would have gone to the movies to see it so it’s a savings anyway. And without the hassle.

• Like 2

Deadline has a story today about how Disney is considering releasing several of their live action titles like Cruella on Disney+. However they are apparently adamant that Black Widow will release in theaters.

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Deadpool 3 has been greenlit and The Molyneux sisters (Bob's Burgers) will write the screenplay.

It's expected in early 2023. 

I read this story earlier and I mixed them up with the Soska sisters. Now I’m devastated. 

• Like 1