DVDVR Message Board

Your 2020 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

45 minutes of clips from a Dory Funk Jr.-promoted show from Belleview, FL, back on February 29th.

I thought about taking my eight-year-old to this. We're about 20 miles away from the location, she's asked about wrestling before, and it would have been cool to meet the Steiners (My daughter used to attend school in the district where Rick's a school board member, so we could bring that up to them, as well as Scott's restaurant).  But then I saw the main event of the show ...

A six-man tag featuring the Steiners (who were 58 and 57 at the time of the show) teaming up with Dory Funk Jr., who is 79. Someone really needs to sit with Funk and beg him to stop getting in the ring. I feared the worst every time he moved.

Edited by colonial

35 minutes ago, colonial said:

45 minutes of clips from a Dory Funk Jr.-promoted show from Belleview, FL, back on February 29th.

I thought about taking my eight-year-old to this. We're about 20 miles away from the location, she's asked about wrestling before, and it would have been cool to meet the Steiners (My daughter used to attend school in the district where Rick's a school board member, so we could bring that up to them, as well as Scott's restaurant).  But then I saw the main event of the show ...

A six-man tag featuring the Steiners (who were 58 and 57 at the time of the show) teaming up with Dory Funk Jr., who is 79. Someone really needs to sit with Funk and beg him to stop getting in the ring. I feared the worst every time he moved.

And one week later Scott Steiner had his heart scare at the Impact Wrestling tapings.

Meiko Satomuro versus Dash Chikaso in Singapore- since no bad wrestling comes from Singapore.  From February.

-----------------------------

Ludark Shaitan wrestling this year prolly.

Guest Edwin

Reyes del Aire. Not my style, but I will admit it kept me hooked through the entire thing, but that's mostly due to Black Panther going balls to the wall on tope's and because Templario is Templario. Plus Virus.

Edited by Edwin

1 minute ago, D.Z said:

D.Z Do you work for WWE by any chance lol. By all means do what you want but I can't imagine many people will watch the stuff you put on as WWE is rubbish lately.

Edited by Boydy

17 hours ago, Boydy said:

D.Z Do you work for WWE by any chance lol. By all means do what you want but I can't imagine many people will watch the stuff you put on as WWE is rubbish lately.

The guy shares piracy matches, that steal WWE's views and get taken down for copyright over time, which is the opposite of supporting WWE ...

1 hour ago, GetDown said:

The guy shares piracy matches, that steal WWE's views and get taken down for copyright over time, which is the opposite of supporting WWE ...

Yeah I wasn't having a go. I just found it weird the WWE matches he posts. I can't imagine many people in here want to see Chelsea Green wrestle. He should at least post some Mark Henry 2011 matches even if it is a 2020 match post lol.

Well ordinarily he'd just be posting Chelsea Green photos in the photo thread, but he got told off for being too sexy all the time. So now he has to post sexy lady matches in the match threads, or he'd get no likes at all. He seldom expresses an opinion, other than when he trolls.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, Boydy said:

Yeah I wasn't having a go. I just found it weird the WWE matches he posts. I can't imagine many people in here want to see Chelsea Green wrestle. He should at least post some Mark Henry 2011 matches even if it is a 2020 match post lol.

He may just have different tastes. Also something like Ruby/Kairi doesn't exactly scream shit match.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, AxB said:

Well ordinarily he'd just be posting Chelsea Green photos in the photo thread, but he got told off for being too sexy all the time. So now he has to post sexy lady matches in the match threads, or he'd get no likes at all. He seldom expresses an opinion, other than when he trolls.

He has been posting a bunch of NJPW matches and other stuff in the Wrestling from Not Now Thread. I get there are aspects to some posters people don't like, but some of you guys focus on them way too much. When he trolls it tends to be when people act like a random dick to him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

He may just have different tastes. Also something like Ruby/Kairi doesn't exactly scream shit match.

He has been posting a bunch of NJPW matches and other stuff in the Wrestling from Not Now Thread. I get there are aspects to some posters people don't like, but some of you guys focus on them way too much. When he trolls it tends to be when people act like a random dick to him. 

I never meant any offense but seriously do we live in a world now where we can't give an opinion in case it might offend them.

I never said anything bad about him or anything like that. I simply just said I don't understand why he keeps posting WWE matches and mostly women's matchs. 

Maybe he does genuinely like these matches and think others will but I was just saying it probably isn't the right audience in here but each to their own.

Anyway that is all I am saying on the matter.

I shall not comment on anything in here anymore if it offends someone.

I was just bought up to say it like it is.

19 minutes ago, Boydy said:

I never meant any offense but seriously do we live in a world now where we can't give an opinion in case it might offend them.

I never said anything bad about him or anything like that. I simply just said I don't understand why he keeps posting WWE matches and mostly women's matchs. 

Maybe he does genuinely like these matches and think others will but I was just saying it probably isn't the right audience in here but each to their own.

Anyway that is all I am saying on the matter.

I shall not comment on anything in here anymore if it offends someone.

I was just bought up to say it like it is.

You made a smart ass remark about him posting WWE matches because you think WWE is garbage. That wasn't simply giving an opinion. If you had actual curiosity on the subject you would have tried to really engage with him and ask him questions seriously. That wasn't what you did. That was just you being a dick but trying to play it cool. No one is forcing you to watch the matches he posts, and there is an ignore function for a reason.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1