DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

57 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If Mutt did teach Joe to sing, he didn't succeed

He taught him long enough to be able to sing for 3 albums and then the magic wore off.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

LOL I found the scene

So Elliott had no idea he could sing higher until Lange told him to try.  ?

The whole movie is awesome in how bad it was.  I believe Elliott called it a steaming pile of shit.

Oh wow, that is so awful.  Lemme guess, Mutt Lange wrote, directed, and produced that movie, right?  There is absolutely zero chance that scene ever happened.  Did Mutt tell him to sing higher?  Maybe.  Did Joe say he can't?  LOL, not a chance.  Unless he somehow forgot to sing higher after, ya know, recording their first album.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It what really shouldn't be a surprise - both Free Guy & Death on the Nile have been removed from the December release schedule

Neither has a new release date

I was interested in both, but I also wasn't hitting up a theater before a vaccine is available so I'm ok with this.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

This is really weird. There's more than enough proof that he was the one being physically abused and drugged by Amanda Heard. Why punish him further for something he didn't do?

I assume because of the lost lawsuit. WB probably rather cut their losses than keep sticking with him even with the evidence in his favor.

• Like 1

I mean, a judge just ruled that 12 out of 14 alleged incidents of abuse by him against her were credible and appeared to be true.

That feels like a pretty good justification for cutting ties with him, especially in a movie franchise that underperformed spectacularly in it's last outing.

Edit: Seriously autocorrect? Judge Judy???

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

Kind of surprised we don't have a Harry Potter thread.  Though, she's garbage, so it's for the best.  

Speaking of...

Joe Bell, the upcoming bio-pic has gotten a new cut and will release on 2/19/21 for awards consideration for Mark Wahlberg.  

This is the true story of a dad who's son was pushed into suicide by homophobic bullies, and who was going to walk across the country to raise awareness.  He died about halfway through due to an accident.  

As the kids say these days, this plot is 'sus'.  Marky Mark hasn't... shall we say... always been on the right side of history with this subject.  

• Like 2

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Kind of surprised we don't have a Harry Potter thread.  Though, she's garbage, so it's for the best.  

Speaking of...

Joe Bell, the upcoming bio-pic has gotten a new cut and will release on 2/19/21 for awards consideration for Mark Wahlberg.  

This is the true story of a dad who's son was pushed into suicide by homophobic bullies, and who was going to walk across the country to raise awareness.  He died about halfway through due to an accident.  

As the kids say these days, this plot is 'sus'.  Marky Mark hasn't... shall we say... always been on the right side of history with this subject.  

February release for awards consideration?  Did they change the date ranges for the awards this year?  If not, February is where you bury your "well, we thought it would win awards but it actually sucks" movies.

Yeah, the rules got changed about 6 months ago.  You can release through March 1st, I believe. 

Also, streaming only movies will be eligible.... because as we know, theaters are, until a vaccine comes around, death traps.

Johnny 5 is impossible to pull off in a casual way(Like they did in the 80’s) without getting into the touchy subject of AI creeping into our daily lives to make us feel useless, and thoughtless. Maybe... Maybe go all the way with Johnny & Stephanie, and not do the scientist that Stephanie ends up with. That could be the actual hook of the film.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Per Deadline - Steven Caple Jr (Creed II) will direct the next Transformer movie.

It is believed the movie will be a quasi-sequel to Bumblebee as it will take place after the events of that movie but not necessarily have Bumblebee in it

That movie looks fucking terrible. The animations look so disjointed and disconnected from the live action stuff. I suppose that could be an easy fix to apply lighting to anything animated, but as it stands now, it looks bad.

And even if you solve for how those animations don't look like they're existing around real things, you can't solve for the terrible acting.