DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Panthers and Greg Olsen have agreed to "mutually part ways"

Basically sometime after the Super Bowl, Carolina will cut him and save about $8 million dollars

Olsen will most likely keep playing and most likely sign with the Redskins

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

How many times has a HC as GM worked out well for an NFL team? Without looking into it, I'd swear it rarely works out.

Belichick handles all personnel decisions in New England though he isn't officially the GM and that works out okay

Bill Walsh was both in 81

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Belichick handles all personnel decisions in New England though he isn't officially the GM and that works out okay

Bill Walsh was both in 81

Its one thing to let the coach have significant personnel input, the "shopping for groceries" as Parcells put it. But the jobs, especially GM, is too big to do part time or semi full-time.

Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins have both independently said they want Fitz back for next season, with Fitz saying he has "no problem" being a mentor for Tua, if that happens. 

And I don't know what the fuck Florio is talking about, But he'd betteR stop it with the rumors of who's going to stArt for the Dolphins next Year...  

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

The Las Vegas Raiders have, reportedly, expressed an interest in pursuing Tom Brady if he doesn't re-sign with the Patriots before the start of free agency.

Makes sense; he'd fit in with all the other has-beens who have a Vegas residency to extend their careers

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Makes sense; he'd fit in with all the other has-beens who have a Vegas residency to extend their careers

That reminds me, I really wish I could make it out to Vegas for The Scorpions with Queensryche residency.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That reminds me, I really wish I could make it out to Vegas for The Scorpions with Queensryche residency.

Eh. Spittin' Geoff Tate is long gone.  

Jacksonville has announced they'll be playing back-to-back "home" games in London this season.  

This puts Indy, Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, and Miami on the hook for UK games (Jax also hosts Pittsburgh and Chicago, but those games will be in Jacksonville.)

Guess we should just start pronouncing it "jag-YOO-ours"

55 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jacksonville has announced they'll be playing back-to-back "home" games in London this season.  

This puts Indy, Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, and Miami on the hook for UK games (Jax also hosts Pittsburgh and Chicago, but those games will be in Jacksonville.)

Miami is hosting a game in London next season (Along with Atlanta) so I doubt they would go twice.

Green Bay remains the only team to have not played in London. They play both the Jags and Falcons next year. Oh look at that - they are both home games for the Pack. How convenient.

• Like 1